FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

DPS Warrior 1.12 (Classic)

Guest Meladath

Hey, any chance of BIS weapons for human/orcs? how would the weapon skill racial modify their BiS list?

Thanks for all the effort you put into this great guide!

Thanks man, I'm always looking to improve it and, in fact, be sure to check again tomorrow or later to find out a lot of changes and improvements which I'm writing at this precise moment ?

Relative to BiS weapons to Humans / Orcs, its true that they are often different due to the racials, so I will try and put that in the bis list. Do keep in mind that, in some situations, the bis weapon's power is larger than what you would gain from the racial with a different weapon. Dal'Rend set is certainly such a case, as the alternatives for Orcs are either 2h axes or epic boe lowish level axes such as Flurry Axe which, even with Orc racial, end up being about as good as the Dal'Rend set.

But hey, this is Horde we're talking about so I'm thinking of either getting Edgemasters to make up for this until Onyxia gives me two Deathbringers so I can own in proper epic axes or straight up going into raiding with a slam / 2h fury spec until I get those, as it is very competitive at this level of gear.

Will try to talk a bit about this in the revamped bis guide ? 

Hi i am wondering is the leveling guide talent tree with the level slider suppose to be different than the  Classic Warrior DPS Spec guide?  If you move the Slider to lvl 60 it is different than what it says your talents should be at level 60 on the Classic Warrior DPS Spec Guide.

8 hours ago, ssjstevebuu said:

Hi i am wondering is the leveling guide talent tree with the level slider suppose to be different than the  Classic Warrior DPS Spec guide?  If you move the Slider to lvl 60 it is different than what it says your talents should be at level 60 on the Classic Warrior DPS Spec Guide.

It is supposed to be different. Leveling talents are meant to help you level faster, while the talents in the DPS Spec Guide are meant to make you maximize your damage in raids.

There are some overlaps between the two but many things that are distinctly different, too. Perhaps the best example is Impale Icon Impale. It is a relatively bad talent while leveling because your gear is bad, and thus your critical chance is low and so is your Rage generation, which causes your special attack crits (yellow crits, the only attacks affected by this talent) to be a negligible part of your total damage. This means its not taken as a leveling talent.

However, in the end game, Impale Icon Impale is great, especially as you gear up and thus benefit more and more from your special attack crits. So we advise taking it on our end game DPS Warrior builds.

Hope this clarified it for you!

• Thanks 1

Guest John

Could you please tell me where hand of rag fits on the 2h list? is BRE better? I have eye and about to build it

Great question! I'd say Sulfuras is about on par with BRE if you play as 2H fury (so basically, in PvE).

In PvP they both feel very different, because of Arms' Mace Specialization vs Sword Specialization. BRE will deal higher damage / burst, especially when the armor debuff procs on players who already have low armor to begin with, while Sulfuras will sometimes stun your target, allowing your group to blast them away more easily.

Both weapons are great, huge congratulations that you managed to get your hands on one of them!

Guest John

Thank you!

When do you think it will be replaced for PvE damage? edge of insanity? or naxx weaps only?

Dark Edge is pretty good if you are an Orc, otherwise Naxx weapons only or straight up never if the later bosses have more armor, and thus make full use of BRE's special effect.

13 hours ago, Seksi said:

Dark Edge is pretty good if you are an Orc, otherwise Naxx weapons only or straight up never if the later bosses have more armor, and thus make full use of BRE's special effect.

I highly doubt the bosses will have more armor than what we saw on pservers.

Guest Jasko

What about Black dragonscale 3 piece w/ Savage Glad chest. I think thats about bis till R10/BWL

Guest Wulfius

Hi how good is Core Hound Tooth in off hand? If we dont take the upset rogues into account...

In my guild Core Hound Tooth is marked as Tank Warrior priority ?, having fast weapons is preferable for Tank Warriors due to the more consistent Rage generation (and rare / no Whirlwind usage which is the main reason to use slow weapons) and the Core Hound Tooth has a lot of stats and damage, so its pretty good if you are Fury dual-wield tanking!

I'm assuming this is a question for DPS Warriors though, since it is in this thread. Whirlwind deals an instant extra attack, so it gets more benefit from having slower weapons. Usually the higher damage range / stats on the Tooth should be more important, though, but it is better to get something like a Deathbringer from Onyxia because of this!

Guest Phail Quail

Hey, thanks for the guide. I'm just wondering how much of a difference the 1% haste is compared to the +8 strength for head enchant. I'm also using a 2 handed fury so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Not that big of a difference, I would go with whatever is cheaper on your server (in mine 1% haste is way, way cheaper atm!)

Guest Phail Quail

Thank you for the reply, yes that was mostly why i was wondering. On my servers its 130g+ compared to 10g.

Guest Ramlok

Hello. You should definetely mention black dragonscale set in the BiS section. It is not common and very depends on gear you have. But i just get to know of this set and as tauren warrior i find it BiS for me (3 pieces)  since i have to use edge masters. just mention it so people would know there is an intersting option.

Perfect timing man, I edited it into the guide yesterday night, as soon as it completes review (which I hope to be today at any second) you will see it in, the same way that I put it into the Enhancement Shaman BiS page before ? hope you enjoy the mega updated list once its live!

Guest Ramlok
5 hours ago, Seksi said:

Perfect timing man, I edited it into the guide yesterday night, as soon as it completes review (which I hope to be today at any second) you will see it in, the same way that I put it into the Enhancement Shaman BiS page before ? hope you enjoy the mega updated list once its live!

Thank you for awesome guide. it realy helped me. 

Guest Worrier

Hi,

How do current PVP rep. items (mainly AV) stack up with those on the post? Couldn't see any of them on the list and some would seem pretty adequate (Don Julio's Band, Lobotomizer, Stormpike Soldier's Cloak for example) and relatively easy to obtain. https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/alterac-valley-rewards-pvp-classic-wow

Thanks for doing this and keep up the good work ?

You are right, some of those items, especially Don Julio's Band, are very good and should definitively be used, others like the Lobotomizer can be safely passed, will update the list to reflect this ? cheers!

Guest Lion helm enchanter

Hey @Blainie there is a serious problem with you BIS enchantment list, so long and Arcanum enchants on the head and the legs take a buff slot dropping the cap form 32 to 30. You should let people know that before someone enchants their Lion helms and PvP reward leggs. When it comes down to it, BIS head and leggs enchant is No enchant.