FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

DPS Warrior 1.12 (Classic)

3 hours ago, Guest Lion helm enchanter said:

Hey @Blainie there is a serious problem with you BIS enchantment list, so long and Arcanum enchants on the head and the legs take a buff slot dropping the cap form 32 to 30. You should let people know that before someone enchants their Lion helms and PvP reward leggs. When it comes down to it, BIS head and leggs enchant is No enchant.

That used to be the case, but it was fixed pretty fast so it didn't warrant a change to the guide. Check here for the details: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/buff-cap-and-hidden-auras/297178/89

Guest Ashkandi bad?

hello, Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood is second bis on the 2h list, but the loot council in my guild say that the sword is very bad for pve 2h fury warrior, and that it is only a pvp sword, they even said its a hunter sword.

Wat u say about that?

Mvh

Even for Hunters, Barbarous Blade is better even though it is much easier to obtain ?

It is more of a PvP sword, but you're right that its ordering in the list is off (it should be way lower) and in general you would only use it as a Human who never got Bonereaver's Edge or Untamed Blade, the same way that Spinal Reaper would only ever be used by Orcs who are not rank 14 PvP and is a relatively trash weapon for PvE, otherwise.

The only 2H weapon that can somewhat be used with proficiency by all races is the Obsidian Edged Blade due to its inherent +weapon skill, but at this point if you are not dual-wielding in PvE you are not min-maxing at all, so pretty much any weapon will do. Thanks for the feedback, will try to make it clearer in the guide itself!

Guest Oneknight1984

So with the whole windfury totem and why warriors and rogues don't put any enchantment on their main hand is it because the windfury buff counts as an enchant I guess? 

You can put a permanent enchantment (say, Crusader) on your main hand, but not a temporary enchantment like Elemental Sharpening Stone, otherwise you will not get windfury ? 

Guest Cow in question
On 2/20/2020 at 4:01 AM, Seksi said:

Even for Hunters, Barbarous Blade is better even though it is much easier to obtain ?

It is more of a PvP sword, but you're right that its ordering in the list is off (it should be way lower) and in general you would only use it as a Human who never got Bonereaver's Edge or Untamed Blade, the same way that Spinal Reaper would only ever be used by Orcs who are not rank 14 PvP and is a relatively trash weapon for PvE, otherwise.

The only 2H weapon that can somewhat be used with proficiency by all races is the Obsidian Edged Blade due to its inherent +weapon skill, but at this point if you are not dual-wielding in PvE you are not min-maxing at all, so pretty much any weapon will do. Thanks for the feedback, will try to make it clearer in the guide itself!

Cow fury 2h here (I just like the big 2h /shrug), using OEB and running BWL.

Is Untamed or Ashkandi not an upgrade unless I have Edgemasters? Does Untamed proc enough to make up for the far smaller weapon damage of Ashkandi?

Any documentation/explanation would be helpful if it exists, not sure what I should be rolling on.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, Edgemaster's Handguards only give weapon skill for one hand weapons, so it will be OEB life for you forever ? only Humans get to use those sick 2H weapons with impunity.

The Untamed proc is good, but not good enough to make up for the loss of weapon skill, the proc rate is simply too low in Classic! 

Guest Faytay

Where is core hound tooth for off hand tho. Are daggers not okay for warriors even if they have edgemasters?

9 hours ago, Guest Faytay said:

Where is core hound tooth for off hand tho. Are daggers not okay for warriors even if they have edgemasters?

It is listed for Warrior tanks, where you can use it in a dual wield setup with edgemasters or ancient core hound gloves.

However, for DPS Warriors you should aim for slower weapons so that your whirlwind can do more damage, hence why it is not listed. You can still use it if you have +dagger skill and lack similar DPS weapons for the off-hand regardless ? 

Guest Stronghoof - Myzrael

Concerning pre-raid BiS in P5:

I don't see any of the Heroism T.5 gear on this list. Aren't the boots and gloves solid options preraid if attainable?

37 minutes ago, Guest Stronghoof - Myzrael said:

Concerning pre-raid BiS in P5:

I don't see any of the Heroism T.5 gear on this list. Aren't the boots and gloves solid options preraid if attainable?

They are, but its kinda difficult to get for the value they are worth in a time where every guild and pug can clear all raids and 20 mans are constantly ran around the clock.

If you get T.5 gear feel free to use it, its really good pre-raid stuff!

I'm glad this is up-to-date for phase 5, but AQ isn't open on my server, yet. Could we get a list of the enchants for for those that are still progressing from pre-raid through BWL? I tried to see if I could view previous versions of this page, but no luck.

20 minutes ago, Thundermane said:

I'm glad this is up-to-date for phase 5, but AQ isn't open on my server, yet. Could we get a list of the enchants for for those that are still progressing from pre-raid through BWL? I tried to see if I could view previous versions of this page, but no luck.

Which slot are you looking to enchant? The current list has non-AQ options for all slots I think, but I can help you with any that is missing ?, there is no version saved of the old enchant page, though.

18 minutes ago, Seksi said:

Which slot are you looking to enchant? The current list has non-AQ options for all slots I think, but I can help you with any that is missing ?, there is no version saved of the old enchant page, though.

Wow! Thanks for the quick reply! For example, I don't have access to Superior Agility for my hands, because AQ isn't open on my server yet, so none of the enchanters have the recipe. What would be a good replacement?

Edited by Thundermane

Guest Flask Set

Have you ever thought of making a list for BiS options for Diamond Flask Set?

Also how come you didn't include the PvP gear into either of the Phase 5 BiS lists?

1 hour ago, Guest Flask Set said:

Have you ever thought of making a list for BiS options for Diamond Flask Set?

Also how come you didn't include the PvP gear into either of the Phase 5 BiS lists?

At this point people with the PvP gear can compare it to the gear in the lists and figure out where it stands, especially people with the epic set ? we have a limited number of gear we can showcase if we want to keep it simple, ideally 1 for pve bis and 3 for alternatives per slot.

Could make a BiS list for Diamond Flask but its basically all about stacking as high +healing as you can, so all down to stealing gear from healers / using greens of +healing or some dungeon drops with high +healing like the Robes of the Exalted in Strat UD.

If you want some inspiration check out my page on shaman pre-raid bis or the other shaman healer links, I almost always try to list the highest +healing gear possible there ? 

Guest khuffmanjr

This guide states that anger management generates rage, when it does not.  Generating 1 rage every 3 seconds is a post 2.0 thing.  Classic is a pre 2.0 game state.

8 hours ago, Guest khuffmanjr said:

This guide states that anger management generates rage, when it does not.  Generating 1 rage every 3 seconds is a post 2.0 thing.  Classic is a pre 2.0 game state.

It is a tooltip mistake / misdirection, it does generate 1 rage every 3 seconds already.

Test it yourself if you don't believe ?

Guest Moz

Just chirping in to say if you're gonna include Deathdealer Breastplate and Tombstone Breastplate in pre-raid BiS you gotta include https://classic.wowhead.com/item=18530/ogre-forged-hauberk it's literally just better than both of those and just as easy to get as DD breastplate or TS Breastplate.

1 hour ago, Guest Moz said:

Just chirping in to say if you're gonna include Deathdealer Breastplate and Tombstone Breastplate in pre-raid BiS you gotta include https://classic.wowhead.com/item=18530/ogre-forged-hauberk it's literally just better than both of those and just as easy to get as DD breastplate or TS Breastplate.

Excellent suggestion, thanks! Will include ASAP ?