FORUMS
Valks

DPS Hunter 1.12 (Classic)

Guest Chris

I believe the part about weapon speeds effects on skills like aimed shot might be incorrect. A lot of places say that weapon damage was normalised to 2.8 speed in a patch prior to 1.12. This means that regardless of weapon speed your attacks will always reference the base DPS of a weapon. Wowhead also shows the noramlised damage as part of the spell.

Here is the formula below taken from Vanilla Wow fandom:

The normalized weapon damage for instant attacks is:

normalized_damage = base_weapon_damage + (X * Attack Power / 14)

where X is:

• 1.7 for daggers
  • 2.4 for other one-handed weapons
  • 3.3 for two-handed weapons
  • 2.8 for ranged weapons
  • weapon speed for non-normalized attacks (see below)

•  

Guest Vcious

Hi, I was reading the consumables section and saw that Juju’s flurry is recommended. Is it for the pet or the hunter himself ? Cause I read somewhere that it didn’t affect the ranged attack speed. Can you please confirm ?

On 11/23/2019 at 10:30 AM, Guest Vcious said:

Hi, I was reading the consumables section and saw that Juju’s flurry is recommended. Is it for the pet or the hunter himself ? Cause I read somewhere that it didn’t affect the ranged attack speed. Can you please confirm ?

You can have healers activate JuJu Flurry on you and your pet.

I was looking over the pre-BiS.    Doing the AV rep grind, I picked up Bloodseeker x-box (85-128, 32.4 DPS, +8 str/+7 agil).  Also once rep in Stormpike is reached, the quiver and ammo pouch available there are 30g and a 15% increase in attack speed), which is comparable to the BiS from MC.  Am I missing something with these items?

Guest Orange

Btw Expose Weakness is a debuff on the boss with a very low proc %. Our best hope is that hunters can refresh each others duration, there is no chance that multiple will be on the boss at once.

18 hours ago, Guest Orange said:

there is no chance that multiple will be on the boss at once.

there's been some evidence it does stack but if it does, Blizz will fix it fast.

Guest Zezz

Where did you get your info for survival raiding? Full naxx gear and wbuffs? Totally incorrect 

Guest Katliam

If i add all the hit from the BiS Items i reach 7 or 8% hit not 9% without warmonger. 

Keep in mind that if you are a Troll or a Dwarf and are benefiting from your racial weapon specialization, then the amount of hit that you need is lowered.

Exactly lowered by how much? 3%? 

Edited by Totano

Guest Niniann

Just wanted to add to those reading the comments section, Go For the Throat does not exist in Classic and did not exist in Vanilla. I believe it was added in BC.

Guest Adder007USA

I'm seeing a few choices in the BWL BiS list that I don't think are entirely accurate.

Back Slot:

Of the cloaks listed, the only one that is truly an upgrade over the Cape of the Black Baron from stratholme is the Cloack of Shrouded mists, and possibly the Puissant Cape if yo're short on hit.

Black Baron Cape:
15 Agi = 30 AP + .28% crit chance (33 AP and .31 crit chance with kings if you're alliance)

20 AP

Total:  50 (53) RAP and .28(.31) crit chance.

Compared to this, the cloak of firemaw and the Arathi basin cloak are trading off attack power and crit for the sake of stamina.  In my experience, there's plenty of stamina on our other gear to keep us alive, so this is a bad trade-off.

Weapons:

Current BiS is listed as DW brutality blade and core hound tooth which give a total of 38 RAP and 2% crit.  This is good, particularly considering that a pair of agi enchants will increase this to 98 RAP and 2.5% crit.  No argument here.

My argument however is that barbarous blade and ashkandi should not be in the list.  The 25 agi enchant is not in game yet, These are easily beaten by a pair of bone slicing hatchets with agi enchants, giving a total of 56 agi =112 RAP and a little over 1% crit;  I would argue this is way better than any 2H weapon at the moment.

Once the 25 agi enchant is released, that will change a little, but even then, ashkandi will be 136 RAP with just shy of .5% crit.  Using the general rule of thumb that 1% crit is generally equivalent to 32-40 RAP, the bone-slicing hatchets still come out ahead slightly.  The same math makes barbarous blade also slightly more competitive as well, though I think it's slightly inferior to the hatchets still.  This is particularly true for alliance with blessing of kings, as agility is multiplied, but flat attack power is not.  I would replace ashkandi and barbarous blade with dooms edge (16 agi, an upgrade over a hatchet).

It may also be worth considering some minor faction differences in your list;  

Alliance has extreme competition from humans for swords, so ashkandi and brutality blade are almost impossible to get for hunters.  Blessing of kings also make agility gear far more valuable for alliance.  A dwarf hunter using a gun will also only need +6% hit chance, opening up certain options in gear and talents.  By contrast, Horde has high demand for dooms edge by orcs, so that may be more difficult to acquire, and because they don't have blessing of kings, agility won't be as highly valued.  A troll using a bow will also only need +6% hit rating, opening up other options for gear and talents.

Guest Wildmoon

I have a question regarding the trinkets: What about the Attack Damage Trinket from ZG? I can't find it on the list or mentioned anywhere. How does it compare to the Devilsaur Eye?

What about trinket swapping? Which should be the go-to On-Use trinket that should be swapped after it has been run through?

Guest Bowkake

Hurricane does not work on Viscidus, confirmed by blue post.

https://classic.wowhead.com/news=316707.2/blizzard-clarifies-that-extra-elemental-damage-from-weapons-is-working-as-intend

Guest TheManFromNantucket

Hey Impakt, thanks for the guide.

From what Im seeing on other sites, (since release), is  the hit cap for hunters is 9%. I had a guidie think it was 8% too, is that a BC/later xpac thing or am I missing something? 

On 8/9/2020 at 11:28 AM, Guest TheManFromNantucket said:

Hey Impakt, thanks for the guide.

From what Im seeing on other sites, (since release), is  the hit cap for hunters is 9%. I had a guidie think it was 8% too, is that a BC/later xpac thing or am I missing something? 

The hit cap is 9% for hunters. Your friend's confusion probably stems from the fact that because of some weirdness with glancing blows and weapon skill differences, the hit cap for melee specs is only 8%. Weapon skill works slightly differently for Hunters due to us not being able to experience glancing blows or dodges, as we can only either hit or miss, nothing else. There is a much longer explanation about how hit works, but the tl;dr is that you need 9% hit to be capped, or 6% hit if you happen to  have +5 weapon skill from a racial in the weapon that you are using. For Hunters, this means if you are using a Bow as a Troll (such as Rhok'delar) then you can settle for 6% hit.

The Nature resist guide is not accurate since the items listed that are craftable comes out when Nax does. So they need to be fixed if they are to be accurate for P5

Guest Walkin

I noticed in the buff section, You've mentioned to get the DM Buffs. But for a hunter the only beneficial buff from DM is the Stamina one as the 200 AP is for melee attacks only not Ranged Attk Power.. I'm surprised nobody has confirmed this for you yet.

35 minutes ago, Guest Walkin said:

I noticed in the buff section, You've mentioned to get the DM Buffs. But for a hunter the only beneficial buff from DM is the Stamina one as the 200 AP is for melee attacks only not Ranged Attk Power.. I'm surprised nobody has confirmed this for you yet.

I am aware that it's melee only, just forgot to specify that in the section - I'm adding something in now. It's only worth noting for Hunters, and I forgot to mention it specifically. The AP is still awesome if you're melee weaving, and the Stamina is still useful. With how easy and long the buffs are to get, I still absolutely consider them worth getting if you're trying to perform optimally in raids.

Guest Ren

Hi there, any idea when the Naxx lists will be coming out? i need to build our hunter bis lists ?

12 hours ago, Guest Ren said:

Hi there, any idea when the Naxx lists will be coming out? i need to build our hunter bis lists ?

I'll be working on it sometime this next week. Unfortunately I've been pretty swamped with Shadowlands, Classic, and the new Diablo season coming out within a week of each other. It will be out before Naxx is out though!

Guest Ren

thank you so much for confirming re Naxx. I've been tasked with creating the hunter bis lists by 1st December and i really like the way you've done them previously ?