FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?

Which class are you going to play in Classic?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

update - played classic. removed classic.

Edited by Guest
delete it.

Rogue was my original class in Vanilla. I'll probably go rogue first again in Classic for the nostalgia, and so I can be a major annoyance in pvp. But priest is also a possibility.

Edited by Storm

If i have even time to play it, will be a druid. I dont have one on retail and i simply don't want do mix up my retail-playstile with classic-playstile ?

Warlock.  Was my first class on release, rerolled one in TBC to play with friends horde side, and played all through Wrath.  All of my best memories of the game were on a warlock.

Warlock for sure!  They're one of the more versatile classes, multiple specs that work for PvE and PvP.  Great soloer.  Can take on multiple mobs and players.  They get useful pets for different situations.  I can't wait to play this lock ?

• Like 1

Epic Patron

I'm going with a Warrior since they scale very well with the proper set of gear which plays well for raiding. They are strong in both PVP and PVE.  Always wanted to try my hand at tanking in Classic so I might follow the Protection tree but haven't settled on this for sure yet. It's expensive to change trees. Arms tree appears to be better for leveling, however.   It will be interesting in Classic since we're back to allocating points in sequentially leveling talents.  I believe we also have to level weapon skills on a per weapon basis.  Classic should be fun regardless of what class you choose.  Can't wait to return to yesteryear!!

I had not played Classic, had neither PC nor Internet back then, but always imagined myself (well not literally always) as a troll shaman, so that's who I gonna be! I've lurked through some guides, shaman seems to have high group utility, good soloing ability and a lot of spec choices, so it's going to be great.

On 8/18/2019 at 11:18 PM, Dragonbro said:

I'm going with a Warrior since they scale very well with the proper set of gear which plays well for raiding. They are strong in both PVP and PVE.  Always wanted to try my hand at tanking in Classic so I might follow the Protection tree but haven't settled on this for sure yet. It's expensive to change trees. Arms tree appears to be better for leveling, however.   It will be interesting in Classic since we're back to allocating points in sequentially leveling talents.  I believe we also have to level weapon skills on a per weapon basis.  Classic should be fun regardless of what class you choose.  Can't wait to return to yesteryear!!

Going warrior too. Pro tip, never try to level as prot. You can tank as Arms and Fury quite well up to max level. All you need is a shield and sunder armor. Keeping threat > Mitigation in classic. Most people go 2h weapon fury till 40 and then swap arms, but you can go straight into arms if you want without much change to pace. Warrior is amazing and I fully recommend it to anyone who wants a challenge. If you want something that levels a little easier but still has the option to tank, Druid is solid. Contrary to popular belief, Druid tanks can do all content endgame as a tank. It is a loooooot of work compared to a warrior, but it is still fun.

• Like 1

Going to heal.. but I will raid more casually than hardcore. I seriously go from a priest to a pally and back to priest by the hour.. ugh.

Epic Patron

Thanks, Avin,  for the advice.  Appreciate it.  I've been playing an Arms Warrior in BfA just to get used to handling a Tauren Warrior PVP..  Think I'll go arms, based on your advice.  Next toon I'll try might be a Drid, never played one.  So much fun.  I might start as either an Orc or a Tauren Warrior in Classic.  Can't wait for launch.  Again thanks for your advice!! .

• Like 1

Warrior. I've been playing WoW since launch and every expansion I plan on maining a Warrior but I quit part way through. This time though I'm gonna finish it....hopefully...yep.

• Like 1

I'm playing a mage, spriest, and lock.

I prefer ranged classes because I cannot handle melee due to medical issues (Although now and then, the melee bug bites me and I'll try a pally for a while, but eventually he'll be deleted lol).

@ Blizzard: Thank you for providing us with classic, I love playing it.

Rare Patron

I downloaded Classic, went in and created a Shaman because that was my first toon on Vanilla release and I loved it back in the day. I thought this was going to be a fun trip down memory lane. I soon realized just how awful the original game really is (providing this judgment is made using 2021 standards, not 2004). This game was cutting edge in '04, but the galactic suck-fest that OG WoW was is glaringly transparent in comparison to current retail. I had forgotten what an insane time sink vanilla was. You spend 50% of your time, at least, running to and fro and accomplishing little in the process. It is incredibly boring and an incredible waste of time compared to retail. 

At this point, if you just want to play a sub-par game that's free and you have literally nothing else to do with your time, then go for it. Otherwise, I recommend a hard pass. Why anyone could play retail and would choose this torture is beyond my comprehension. Then again, there are a lot of masochists out there...