FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Warrior Leveling 1.12 (Classic)

On 1/10/2020 at 5:13 PM, Guest Vkandis said:

link for addons and link for macros both point to addons

Its been fixed since, try it out again ?

Hi,

Thanks for the great guide.  I'll be tanking with my warrior from level 13, and I aim to run dungeons as much as possible.  Do you think it would be better to put 11 points into Arms (to Anger Management) before I do anything else in the Protection tree?  The utility of being able to switch stances while the rest of the group (who can barely keep their fingers off of their keys) are about to start spamming the skull target seems to me to be more valuable than the mitigation talents at low level.

What are your thoughts?

Its certainly a better threat-oriented way to go up the Arms tree than starting off with Protection, and for practical purposes what I did, as well as most other people, was to run the Arms 1-60 leveling spec and tank with a 2h. This gives you the best threat possible, especially in AoE situations with Sweeping Strikes, and is recommended over leveling as Protection, even if you want to tank from an early level.

I made a Protection Warrior guide for the sake of completion, as Arms is a generally superior leveling spec even if you intend to focus on tanking, precisely because of the AoE threat component (which protection, even at max level, is terrible at).

You can respec before heading into your first raid, or not at all if you go as an off-tank ? have fun leveling!

Guest WarriorlvlingasArms

Under the Arms leveling guide, it says to take the talent "Anger Management" for the +rage every 3 seconds, that talent was changed in patch 2.0 to the +rage, in Classic it is "Increases the time required for your rage to decay while out of combat by 30%"

29 minutes ago, Guest WarriorlvlingasArms said:

Under the Arms leveling guide, it says to take the talent "Anger Management" for the +rage every 3 seconds, that talent was changed in patch 2.0 to the +rage, in Classic it is "Increases the time required for your rage to decay while out of combat by 30%"

Actually, this is not true, it has always worked like this but the description was clarified in 2.0.

Try it out yourself in game ? pull an enemy and run away from it while doing absolutely nothing: you will gain 1 rage every 3 seconds while in combat! Tested it out during the WoW Classic beta, when I first started writing the guide.

47 minutes ago, Guest elmota said:

does shield block is useless?

For the most part while leveling as quickly as possible, yes. You won't need to use it in the world and even if you do dungeons, it is faster to cleave your way through with a two-hander in leveling dungeons than it is to use a one-hander + shield, and even then shield block is of arguable utility since you will not have the talents to boost it unless you are midway through the Protection tree.

Guest Maltorio

Why does it say Anger Management gives rage? My talent says it just takes it longer to decay.

1 hour ago, Guest Maltorio said:

Why does it say Anger Management gives rage? My talent says it just takes it longer to decay.

The tooltip in WoW Classic does not explain the talent clearly. Technically by giving you 1 Rage every 3 seconds it does take longer for your Rage to decay out of combat, but the actual functionality of it also gives it some in-combat benefits ? 

Guest arthas28zp

I noticed in game the top two talents must be reversed as Rend only goes to 2/2. Not sure if this has been changed in the latest patch? Thank you for the excellent slider I love using it for all my chars!

1 minute ago, Guest arthas28zp said:

I noticed in game the top two talents must be reversed as Rend only goes to 2/2. Not sure if this has been changed in the latest patch? Thank you for the excellent slider I love using it for all my chars!

Thanks, will check later to make sure its all functioning as it should, hope you are as hyped as I am for the new Season of Discovery by Nov 30th! 🙂