FORUMS
Valks

Hunter Leveling 1.12 (Classic)

Guest Hunter, Dragonkiller

This guide appears severely incomplete. Lacks pro/cons of zones chosen, no complete list of where to get upgraded guns or bows.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:49 PM, Guest Hunter, Dragonkiller said:

This guide appears severely incomplete. Lacks pro/cons of zones chosen, no complete list of where to get upgraded guns or bows.

The guide is meant to be a resource for Hunter specifically, so nothing was included on the actual process of leveling itself (such as which quests to complete, where to level, etc.). This is the same for all the class leveling guides, for both Classic and live. 

The list of where to get upgrades changes as you move the slider. This means that, if you are looking at it for level 45, you won't see irrelevant upgrades from level 10, for example.

Guest BoooYaaa

I would suggest adding for which pet is best while you are leveling and providing which stats to seek out on gear.

Guest Talent slider bug

The slider shows at Level 10 that you already have 10 talent points. Can you fix the bug? I would suggest some hints what type of pet at which Level you should choose and maybe also some general information about the pet mechanic itself. Keep up the great work! Best regards!

2 hours ago, Guest Talent slider bug said:

The slider shows at Level 10 that you already have 10 talent points. Can you fix the bug? I would suggest some hints what type of pet at which Level you should choose and maybe also some general information about the pet mechanic itself. Keep up the great work! Best regards!

This is not a bug - the slider is the same for levels 10-19, rather than having 49 images in the slider and causing load time issues.

Guest Huntard

Wait so once you get aim shot, why open with that instead of hunters mark then aim shot. Does hunters mark not affect aim shot?

1 hour ago, Guest Huntard said:

Wait so once you get aim shot, why open with that instead of hunters mark then aim shot. Does hunters mark not affect aim shot?

That's a typo, I didn't mean for it to be before. I'll fix it now. Thanks for catching that!

Sorry guys, but your basic leveling rotation can only be a joke.

First: You won´t get aimed shot until level 51, when the leveling process is almost over, so why is there an aimed shot in the rotation you should use from level 10????

And second: It doesn´t make any sense to fire serpent sting, a 15 second DOT, on fourth position, this is the first shot you use, so you benefit from the complete damage it does.

The correct leveling rotation is:

1. command your pet to attack
2. Hunter´s mark
3. Serpent Sting
4. Auto shot
5. Arcane Shot

Repeat 4 and 5 until mob is down when you have enough mana, else stick with autoshot

2 hours ago, Nyruami said:

Sorry guys, but your basic leveling rotation can only be a joke.

First: You won´t get aimed shot until level 51, when the leveling process is almost over, so why is there an aimed shot in the rotation you should use from level 10????

And second: It doesn´t make any sense to fire serpent sting, a 15 second DOT, on fourth position, this is the first shot you use, so you benefit from the complete damage it does.

The correct leveling rotation is:

1. command your pet to attack
2. Hunter´s mark
3. Serpent Sting
4. Auto shot
5. Arcane Shot

Repeat 4 and 5 until mob is down when you have enough mana, else stick with autoshot

I'm not sure I understand, can you double check how you are using the slider? 

image.png

This is what I see when the slider is set to Level 10. There is no aimed shot included until Level 52.

Guest EndOFDays
On 8/19/2019 at 6:45 PM, Blainie said:

This is not a bug - the slider is the same for levels 10-19, rather than having 49 images in the slider and causing load time issues.

Well the slider certainly is bugged because I slide it up to level 30 and its showing level 39 talents. Defeats the purpose of the slider completely.

2 hours ago, Guest EndOFDays said:

Well the slider certainly is bugged because I slide it up to level 30 and its showing level 39 talents. Defeats the purpose of the slider completely.

Yes, that is intended. When you get to Level 30, it shows you the talents at Level 39, so you have the talent path for Level 30 to 39, and it is detailed under the talent image. For BM, for example: 

image.png

Also, the slider doesn't affect the talents only, it also affects the rest of the page and what is displayed to you. BM rotation changes at Level 52, while the talents do not, for example.

Guest Geodude

Can we add additional leveling strategies? One I suggest would be kiting world elites that are your level or higher. Hunters can easily kill elites a couple levels higher than them.

1. Turn off pet growl.
  2. Concussive shot.
  3. Send pet to attack elite.
  4. Serpent sting, arcane shot, autoshot.
  5. Kite the elite with concussive shot while your pet attacks it.

If you're in a small area and can't kite for long distances, then you can lay down a frost trap and kite the elite around the trap instead.

On 9/26/2019 at 10:47 AM, Guest Geodude said:

Can we add additional leveling strategies? One I suggest would be kiting world elites that are your level or higher. Hunters can easily kill elites a couple levels higher than them.

1. Turn off pet growl.
  2. Concussive shot.
  3. Send pet to attack elite.
  4. Serpent sting, arcane shot, autoshot.
  5. Kite the elite with concussive shot while your pet attacks it.

If you're in a small area and can't kite for long distances, then you can lay down a frost trap and kite the elite around the trap instead.

Hunters can definitely kill higher level elites through kiting, but are you suggesting this as a farming strategy? It would be really inefficient and not worth your time. For soloing some of the elite quests this is definitely possible and can be done, but I would be careful trying to solo elites for quests where they are higher level that you - one missed concussive shot or parried wing clip and you're dead. If you're going to solo elites, you should really try to do same or lower level elites for quests. Otherwise just group up for those quests since the main thing is completing the quests, not necessarily the XP that the elite itself gives.

Guest Daddydread

Ok first of all I love to look at these guides it has helped tremendously but I have noticed that the rotation priority is basically the same for all three specs I’ve been playing around with Survival and I think raptor strike should be added into that priority if your pet is holding aggro then apply your sting run in and raptor strike it hits like a truck and I have downed mobs a lot faster this way than just using the auto shot, arcane shot method plus your almost always going to hit the mob in the back if you pull threat just apply wing clip similar to the hamstring method for warrior and before the pull you can even lay down a trap use serpent sting to kite them into it then send your pet in to attack I haven’t really crunched numbers or set a timer to see what the absolute fastest method is but I don’t really notice a difference grinding mobs and doing quests either way. On the plus side unless you don’t care to loot mobs then 99% of the time your not going to have run 20 yards to loot every time you get that kill that saves you a little time over all.

On 9/28/2019 at 11:27 PM, Guest Daddydread said:

Ok first of all I love to look at these guides it has helped tremendously but I have noticed that the rotation priority is basically the same for all three specs I’ve been playing around with Survival and I think raptor strike should be added into that priority if your pet is holding aggro then apply your sting run in and raptor strike it hits like a truck and I have downed mobs a lot faster this way than just using the auto shot, arcane shot method plus your almost always going to hit the mob in the back if you pull threat just apply wing clip similar to the hamstring method for warrior and before the pull you can even lay down a trap use serpent sting to kite them into it then send your pet in to attack I haven’t really crunched numbers or set a timer to see what the absolute fastest method is but I don’t really notice a difference grinding mobs and doing quests either way. On the plus side unless you don’t care to loot mobs then 99% of the time your not going to have run 20 yards to loot every time you get that kill that saves you a little time over all.

If you're playing survival, running into melee range to raptor strike is a viable option, but also dangerous. There are a couple of reasons why I don't include this in the normal rotation.

1. If you decide to stay in melee after the raptor strike, that is 100% a DPS loss assuming the mob isn't dead yet.

2. If you miss more than 1 auto shot, it's a DPS loss.

Basically the only way it's ok is if you run in to finish off the mob with a raptor strike, killing it. If it's still alive after the raptor strike, then it was not worth it and you should have stayed at range. This also is subject to change depending on how good your melee v. ranged weapon is. If you have a super sick 2H axe or something but havent gotten a bow upgrade in awhile, your raptor strike will be comparatively stronger than what I'm accounting for.