FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

ATTN: WARLOCKS - Warcraftlogs

Alright fellow users of dark magic and demons...I've completed my Warcraftlogs guide.  It is located here: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/4392-warcraftlogs-a-comprehensive-guide/

I WILL NO LONGER BE ANALYZING WORLD OF LOGS PARSES!

If you wish to have something looked at, bring me Warcraftlog parses.  Be warned.  If you thought my critiques were brutal before, I have MUCH more to work with and I CAN and WILL find your mistakes and tell you about them.  Come with thick skin.

• Like 3

great guide. i've been using warcraftlogs for a while now and the only time i go back to WOL is for the log browser / expression editor when i can't find some really specific thing without a custom query. really need warcraftlogs to implement the same thing. at the very least give us a really dirty regex search until something more polished is implemented!

You mean like a death log?  It's in my guide.  What do you mean by survivability?  If you want to see how someone's HP went as the fight progressed, go to Resources and choose Health Points.

The Death Log does that.  Warcraftlogs looks at individual fights so you just have to go through each parse.  I'm not sure why looking at the overall view of the entire night is helpful.  It should be pretty clear quickly who is dying to certain things repeatedly.  I just think a broad overall view is a little wonky without knowing the details of individual parses. 

For example, if you're progressing on Heroic Paragons, let's say you want to see who's taken the most Amber damage.  Considering most wipe attempts have someone calling for a wipe, you won't be able to actively see who voluntarily died to this or happened to die on it.  You'll need to see individual parses.  There are things I'd NEVER stand in during an actual attempt, such as Siegecrafter's fire...but if a wipe is called, I stand in it because it's the quickest way to die.  Overall views tend to bury actual events and bring to the surface irrelevant events.

actually it's quite simple to see when people die intentionally to hasten a wipe using the overall survivability chart. you just mouseover the percentages in a given column and look for closely timed groups of people ticking down to avoidable things, and it's a lot faster than looking at individual parses.

on progression you're basically looking for deaths below the 80-90% mark. for example on pull 18 of that log above, most people died at 85-90% but a few stand out with deaths way before that. then you'll see the raid just wiping intentionally to amber or vicious assault, with a rogue staying alive to mass rez. takes me like 30 seconds to analyze that and i dont have to click anything or wait for any sort of loads. very convenient.

Edited by mediocregatsby

Using Warcraftlogs, go to Deaths and show All Players.  Then go to the wipes that you're looking at.  For example, select all of the Heroic Paragons wipes.  It will summarize all the deaths for all of those wipes.  You're not looking for deaths across multiple bosses are you?  One would think if you're killing multiple bosses, deaths would be low....and if deaths are high, you're throwing multiple bodies at one enemy.

i am obviously only looking at deaths on progression wipes. the "all deaths on all h-paragons wipes" view in warcraftlogs is not even close to being as readable/useful as the WOL chart. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gZcLzhaj9YpdN3rC#type=deaths&boss=1593&wipes=1

it doesnt list every death for all the pulls (in fact, it seems to cap out at 2 wipes, even though all 23 wipes are selected)

it doesnt even have a cut off in the list to differentiate one wipe from another

warcraftlogs is of course very useful when i select one wipe at a time and is better suited to do this than WOL's death overview per wipe is. it would just be nice to have the fast high level survivability chart as well. i will suggest it to the warcraftlogs team.

Yeah, he never intended for this product to be used right now.  It kinda caught some steam.  It's still in 'beta' form.

Hey , at first i would like to thank you for all your help here.

If you can just check this logs and see if there is any points that i can improve i would be glad.http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PMaRyF49mDBCtcxN .

Make a new topic please, 

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/207-how-to-ask-for-help-with-your-warlock/

warcraftlogs got a big update recently that comes with the survivability overview i asked for. unfortunately it still doesnt have the deaths-per-player-across-wipes-with-timeline-details page that WOL has.

It's still in development.  I'm going to re-do some of the guide to accomodate some of the updates he's done. 

Is there a way to show dot clipping on a graph vs digging into the event log? Maybe a combination of spell duration overlay with spell cast that I'm just missing?

Thanks for your time!

Yes, there is.  If you go to your individual log and go to debuffs.  There is a little button above your abilities that says "Cast by Friendly."  This will show your debuffs applied.  Click on the DoT you want to look at, such as Immolate.  It will produce a graph that shows you your DoT uptime as a function of time with gaps in between where a DoT was not up.

If you're looking from a Shadow Priest-type look where clipping is bad, you might have to use parts of the fight and look in the cast editor.  I just drug my mouse over the time window I wanted to see and then expanded that list and isolated my casts.  I'm not sure if I answered your question or gave you what you wanted exactly.

Yes, there is.  If you go to your individual log and go to debuffs.  There is a little button above your abilities that says "Cast by Friendly."  This will show your debuffs applied.  Click on the DoT you want to look at, such as Immolate.  It will produce a graph that shows you your DoT uptime as a function of time with gaps in between where a DoT was not up.

If you're looking from a Shadow Priest-type look where clipping is bad, you might have to use parts of the fight and look in the cast editor.  I just drug my mouse over the time window I wanted to see and then expanded that list and isolated my casts.  I'm not sure if I answered your question or gave you what you wanted exactly.

It gives me something to go off of - more looking at it from the point of clipping is bad :) Thanks!

Really love the Replay feature!  Absolutely amazing!

Working on Blackfuse and being on belt half the time I can't see what is killing people.  Watching the replays  I can see a certain healer that likes to dance with saw blades instead of moving to the safe spot in a timely fashion, and belt dps running out of healer range immediately following taking a big overcharge hit from shredder then not having the HP to live through the superheated stack they get going through fire to get to their pipe for belt 4 .  Never would have known why they died in that same clarity with just looking at killing blow data.  Seeing where they are in the room and where they were before they died is so sweet.