FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

The Vault Insider Program (VIP) - Free BL3 and 2 Loot

E3epZVJ.jpg

Before we start going over the many, many details surrounding Borderlands 3 I thought it would be a good idea to talk about the Vault Insider Program, a new initiative by Gearbox Software to get players engaged even before the game launches. Usually I'm not one for these pre-release activities, as they mostly end up being for very disappointing stuff, but this one's pretty solid.

By collecting points you can get various Borderlands 2, Pre-sequel and, most importantly, Borderlands 3 in-game items. They range from legendary guns for 2 and pre-sequel, head and skin customization options for Amara and Moze, two of the Vault Hunters, and golden keys for BL3, to the less impressive wallpapers, with the main prize being a legendary Maliwan gun for BL3! In case you didn't know, golden keys allow you to open a special chest in Sanctuary, your home base, with epic quality rewards inside.

Rvlc1zY.jpg
The legendary Maliwan BL3 gun

Getting points is pretty easy, you just need to add the various codes that are shared and add them to your account for various amounts of points. Every 4000 pts you can either buy a specific one or  roll for a random weapon for BL2 and the Pre-sequel, with 1 roll free, and when you roll that "weaponizer" feature 8 times (spread out across the seasons, you can only roll once after the free roll in Season 1), you get the BL3 legendary. There's also a pre-order incentive, which will give you a Children of the Vault brand weapon, an Echo Device skin, 250 VIP points and 5 golden keys, all for BL3, and the CoV weapon also counts towards you 8 required rolls for the Maliwan legendary.

BL3_VIPs1_heads.jpg
The head cosmetic customization options you can get

There's also going to be seasons for this program, with their own special rewards, with S1 ending in July. All previous seasonal rewards will remain available in future seasons and I'd say the Maliwan legendary will be a cross-seasonal reward as there aren't that many points around yet, but I could be wrong and we might be seeing a different BL3 legendary each season.

For me personally these rewards are a fun way to keep engaged while I wait for the game's release, and then I can either use the legendaries to level or save them for endgame as they'll presumably scale to the level of the character you redeem them on.

BL3_VIPs1_skins.jpg
The two skins

Here are some of the codes that have come out so far (courtesy of redditor Holy_Jumper), you enter each code into it's separate category on the VIP site. You should also follow SupMatto on twitter for new codes, as he tends to be pretty on the ball with new additions.

Note: you need to turn off your ad-blocker on the site or you'll only see the old Shift code option.
You can only use up to 4 Creator codes.

Code Point Value/Reward Valid Type Date

WUBWUBWUB 100 YES VAULT  
JOYPUKE 250 YES EMAIL  
LOADINGBAR 250 YES VAULT  
LOOTLOOTLOOT 250 YES EMAIL  
MitsuShowE3 200 Maybe. CREATOR  
TessachkaE3 200 Maybe. CREATOR  
EdEMonsterE3 200 Maybe. CREATOR  
Joltzdude139E3 200 Maybe. CREATOR  
Ki11ersixE3 200 Maybe. CREATOR  
KingGothalionE3 200 Maybe. CREATOR  
ProfessorBromanE3 200 Maybe. CREATOR  
AdmiralBahrooE3 200 Maybe. CREATOR  
dammit2hellE3 200 Maybe. CREATOR  
IGNVIP 250 Maybe. VAULT  
FIGHT4SANCTUARY 250 Maybe. EMAIL  
Borderlands3vip 500 Maybe. Vault  
TWITCHVIP 250 Yes Vault  
GAMESPOTVIP 250 Yes Vault  
FACEBOOKVIP 250 Yes Vault  
SHACKNEWSVIP 250 Yes vault  
GAMEVIP 100 Yes Vault  
BL3ATE3 250 YES Email 6/11/2019
WEGOTUBOO 200 Yes vault 6/13
BORDERLANDSCOSPLAYE3 500 yes VAULT 6/13

vQeea4i.jpg

And here's the official FAQ:

FAQ (source)

Basics

What is the Vault Insider Program?
The Vault Insider Program is a program designed to reward Borderlands fans like you for being so awesome!

Why do I need to sign up for SHiFT in order to join the Vault Insider Program?
SHiFT is the platform that powers all in-game promotions and rewards in Gearbox games.

Which platforms are supported by the Vault Insider program?
Currently we are able to track in-game accomplishments and deliver in-game rewards to Vault Hunters on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Why isn’t the Vault Insider Program working properly for me?
The Vault Insider Program won’t function properly if you’re using an ad blocker or have cookies disabled. For an optimal experience, please disable any ad blockers and enable all cookies.

How do I earn points?
Once you’ve signed up for SHiFT, you can earn points in a bunch of different ways including linking your social accounts to your SHiFT account, completing surveys, referring friends, and checking out the latest Borderlands articles and trailers. Additional ways to earn points will roll out over time; check out the activity hit list on your profile for current suggestions.

How do I redeem points?
Visit the rewards page, select the reward that you’d like to redeem your points for, confirm which gaming platform you’d like to receive the reward on, then hit the Redeem button. If you have earned the required number of points, you will receive that reward.

Will my points ever expire if I don’t use them?
Your points will be active for the life of the program. If we decide to terminate the program, you will be provided with sufficient notice so you can redeem any points you've earned but haven't redeemed.

I just completed an activity; why hasn’t my points total updated?
If the points have not been added to your total balance within 24 hours, you can contact customer service at https://support.2k.com

Can I transfer my points to another Vault Insider?
No.

Rewards
If I’m playing on multiple platforms and claim an in-game reward, will I automatically get it for every platform?
No. When claiming an in-game reward, you’ll be prompted to select which platform you’d like to receive it on.

Can I claim the same reward on multiple platforms if I have enough points to do so?
Not if the reward is listed as one that can only be claimed once.

Will rewards from a season be retired when the next season starts?
There are currently no plans to retire any rewards once a new season is introduced. The beginning of a new season just means that you have more items to choose from! If this changes, you'll be notified prior to the change.

I hope this was of interest to some of you Borderlands fans out there, especially if you're playing BL2 right now with the new DLC, as some of those free legendaries might come in handy (here's hoping you get the Norfleet!). Also, we'll be taking a look at the newly revealed character Moze, with her mech ability in our first Vault Hunter preview over the weekend!

1 hour ago, Cntrl said:

the creator codes from killersix down do not work says "reached redeemed capitalization"

You can only use up to 4 Creator codes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      After the two free pieces of free content, the Bloody Harvest event DLC (live through December 5th) and the next raid-focused Maliwan Takedown DLC (arriving next week), we now got word about the first major piece of (paid) DLC coming to Borderlands 3.
      On Wednesday, the Borderlands show will reveal what this piece of campaign DLC will be, and we already know it's going to be similar in size and scope to the BL2 major DLCs. We also know there are 4 total paid/major DLCs planned for BL3 year 1, we know that there won't be any new Vault Hunters coming, but rather expansions to the existing ones. We'll also find out more about next week's Takedown at Maliwan's Blacksite free raid DLC, Mayhem 4 that's coming with it and more!
      As we can see from the tweet and header image, Handsome Jack (or at least his likeness) will somehow be involved, and it seems we'll be heading back to Opportunity. Whether they actually bring Jack back, which wouldn't be a stretch considering his AI from Tales from the Borderlands, his lookalikes from the Pre-sequel, or if it's just his imagery in Opportunity, remains to be seen, but it can't really be much worse than the Calypsos... Can it?
      Major DLC (source)
      Get ready for a glimpse of your next big adventure, Vault Hunter. On Wednesday, November 20, the full reveal trailer for DLC 1 will be making its big debut at 8:00 AM PST. At the exact same time, the third episode of The Borderlands Show will kick off to deliver more insight into Borderlands 3's first campaign DLC that's launching later this year. The Borderlands Show's regular hosts Greg Miller and Fran Mirabella from Kinda Funny will be joined by none other than President, CEO, and Co-founder of Gearbox Software Randy Pitchford, as they take a look at what's coming in DLC 1 and discuss other news in the wild world of Borderlands. Make sure you don't miss this informative interview about the thrilling story, unique environments, and handsome new loot you can expect from this paid DLC.
      The Borderlands Show Episode 3 will air on the official Borderlands Twitch channel starting November 20 at 8:00 AM PST; see the list below for localized times. If you aren't able to tune in for the in-depth DLC 1 discussion as it's happening, you can catch up with the post-show VOD on the official Borderlands YouTube channel.

The Borderlands Show Episode 3 starts: November 20 — 8:00 AM PST / 11:00 AM EST / 4:00 PM GMT, November 21 — 12:00 AM CST, 2:00 AM AEST
      As a friendly reminder, all four of the upcoming DLC campaigns currently in development are included in the Borderlands 3 Season Pass, which you can buy as an add-on or as part of the Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition. DLC campaigns will expand the narrative and gameplay of Borderlands 3 even further, and we have plenty more surprises in store for next year.
      In addition to all the DLC 1 goodness, Greg, Fran, and Randy will be talking about the big patch coming later this month, which includes the endgame challenge of Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite, Mayhem Mode 4, and some frequently requested quality-of-life improvements. On the free content front, we'll be revealing more details about the Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite next week before it goes live, and the Bloody Harvest event is still ongoing so you can collect all those spooky rewards before Captain Haunt and his undead minions retreat on December 5.
      Don't miss all the DLC 1 info dropping during The Borderlands Show episode 3 on November 20 at 8:00 AM PST—we'll see you there!
    • By Starym
      Today's hotfixes are a little smaller than usual, with the majority being bug fixes, but the big change that's coming today is the fact that the Bloody Harvest event is cooling down a little, with fewer ghosts showing up (outside of Heck) from now until the event's end on December 5th. Don't forget that the new raid content is also coming next week on November 21st, bringing with it a whole lot of new features, including Mayhem 4!
      If you still haven't cleared all the challenges and done everything related to the Bloody Harvest, check out our guides for it right here.
      November 14 (source)
      This week's Borderlands 3 hotfixes, which will be live on all platforms by 3:00 PM PDT today, include a couple of potential progression blockers and various issues reported by the community. Thank you to everyone for sending in your bugs and feedback to support.2k.com and helping everyone out with their questions across social media!
      As a reminder, while Bloody Harvest is active, you will know the hotfix has been successfully applied when you see the pumpkins on the Main Menu!
      Bug Fixes
      Addressed a reported concern that players would experience their screen shaking while in a party when one player used Bear Fist Addressed a reported concern with duplicated audio when Maya turns on the music in "Beneath the Meridian" when playing in a party Addressed a reported concern where players couldn't hear Aurelia's Holographic Doorbell answer the door Addressed a reported concern where some players were missing the waypoint when quitting out of the map or performing a save and load during the "Bad Reception" side mission Addressed a reported concern that the portal in Destroyer's Rift disappears after completing the mission "Divine Retribution" Addressed a reported concern that the Eridian structures were not resetting after player death during the Tyreen boss fight Bloody Harvest
      The Spooky Season is starting to fade from Borderlands 3! Starting with this hotfix, you'll start seeing less Haunted enemies until the event ends on December 5!
      Lowered the chance to see Haunted enemies outside of Heck. Roadmap Reminder
      We have a lot of exciting things coming in the November patch—the most notable being the free content Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite and Mayhem 4. If you didn't read the roadmap included with the October 24 patch notes, you can read it here. As always, please continue providing feedback and reporting bugs to support.2k.com!
    • By Starym
      We have some hotfixes coming today, with some pretty major changes to how the Bloody Harvest event operates, as well as some damn good news for Zane mains, as anointed enemies will no longer be immune to cryo damage (but still can't be frozen)!
      In the Bloody Harvest department we have Captain Haunt getting a buff to his shields but also his legendary drop rate, ghosts will yield significantly more hecktoplasm, loot ghosts drop more loot and a bigger chance for Bloody Harvest legendaries. Terror anoints are also much less likely to drop from regular enemies clearing up the loot pool, as they'll mostly drop from haunted enemies now.
      November 7th Hotfixes (source)
      This week's Borderlands 3 hotfixes, which will be live on all platforms by or before 3:00 PM PDT today, include quality-of-life adjustments to Bloody Harvest and address various issues reported by the community. We appreciate all the help. Please keep sending in your bugs and feedback to support.2k.com!
      Bloody Harvest Adjustments
      Captain Haunt is a fun boss fight with multiple phases, but players were often skipping entire phases because Captain Haunt's shields were so low. We increased his shields to make the fight slightly more engaging for most players and dramatically increased the loot drop chance, so players are compensated nicely for defeating Captain Haunt.
      Increased Captain Haunt's chance to drop legendary gear Increased Captain Haunt's shields The Hecktoplasm drop rate from Ghosts has been increased
      - Ghosts drop 2 Hecktoplasm
      - Badass Ghosts drop 3 Hecktoplasm
      - Loot Ghosts drop 5 Hecktoplasm Loot Ghosts now drop more loot Loot Ghosts have an increased the chance of dropping Bloody Harvest specific legendary gear Terror Anointments
      Following what we’ve seen and heard from the Community and the fading Halloween season, you’re going to start seeing less Terror anointed parts dropping from regular enemies. Bloody Harvest enemies (including Ghosts!) will be picking up the slack, so if you are hunting to make a spooky build you know where to look!
      The chance for Terror anointed parts to drop from regular enemies has been decreased. The chance for Terror anointed parts to drop from Bloody Harvest enemies has been increased. Bug fixes
      Anointed enemies are no longer immune to Cryo damage. Note: Although they can be slowed by Cryo damage, they cannot be frozen.
      Addressed a reported potential progression blocker for "It's Alive" with the Abomination bot. Addressed a reported potential progression blocker if players quit the game at a certain point in "The Guns of Reliance" Addressed a reported issue that Explosive Gunpowder barrels where not showing effects when shot. Explosions created by enemy Badass' weapons have a much quicker explosion effect to reduce screen clutter We found that Badass enemies with heavy weapons were creating too many explosion effects that lingered on the screen, hindering the player's view at times. We are going to make a larger change to their weapons in the patch but wanted to shorten the explosion particle effect to dramatically lower screen clutter.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Maliwan Bottomless Mags guide for Moze.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Westergun weapon guide.