FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

The Vault Insider Program (VIP) - Free BL3 and 2 Loot

E3epZVJ.jpg

Before we start going over the many, many details surrounding Borderlands 3 I thought it would be a good idea to talk about the Vault Insider Program, a new initiative by Gearbox Software to get players engaged even before the game launches. Usually I'm not one for these pre-release activities, as they mostly end up being for very disappointing stuff, but this one's pretty solid.

By collecting points you can get various Borderlands 2, Pre-sequel and, most importantly, Borderlands 3 in-game items. They range from legendary guns for 2 and pre-sequel, head and skin customization options for Amara and Moze, two of the Vault Hunters, and golden keys for BL3, to the less impressive wallpapers, with the main prize being a legendary Maliwan gun for BL3! In case you didn't know, golden keys allow you to open a special chest in Sanctuary, your home base, with epic quality rewards inside.

Rvlc1zY.jpg
The legendary Maliwan BL3 gun

Getting points is pretty easy, you just need to add the various codes that are shared and add them to your account for various amounts of points. Every 4000 pts you can either buy a specific one or  roll for a random weapon for BL2 and the Pre-sequel, with 1 roll free, and when you roll that "weaponizer" feature 8 times (spread out across the seasons, you can only roll once after the free roll in Season 1), you get the BL3 legendary. There's also a pre-order incentive, which will give you a Children of the Vault brand weapon, an Echo Device skin, 250 VIP points and 5 golden keys, all for BL3, and the CoV weapon also counts towards you 8 required rolls for the Maliwan legendary.

BL3_VIPs1_heads.jpg
The head cosmetic customization options you can get

There's also going to be seasons for this program, with their own special rewards, with S1 ending in July. All previous seasonal rewards will remain available in future seasons and I'd say the Maliwan legendary will be a cross-seasonal reward as there aren't that many points around yet, but I could be wrong and we might be seeing a different BL3 legendary each season.

For me personally these rewards are a fun way to keep engaged while I wait for the game's release, and then I can either use the legendaries to level or save them for endgame as they'll presumably scale to the level of the character you redeem them on.

BL3_VIPs1_skins.jpg
The two skins

Here are some of the codes that have come out so far (courtesy of redditor Holy_Jumper), you enter each code into it's separate category on the VIP site. You should also follow SupMatto on twitter for new codes, as he tends to be pretty on the ball with new additions.

Note: you need to turn off your ad-blocker on the site or you'll only see the old Shift code option.
You can only use up to 4 Creator codes.

Code Point Value/Reward Valid Type Date

WUBWUBWUB 100 YES VAULT  
JOYPUKE 250 YES EMAIL  
LOADINGBAR 250 YES VAULT  
LOOTLOOTLOOT 250 YES EMAIL  
MitsuShowE3 200 Maybe. CREATOR  
TessachkaE3 200 Maybe. CREATOR  
EdEMonsterE3 200 Maybe. CREATOR  
Joltzdude139E3 200 Maybe. CREATOR  
Ki11ersixE3 200 Maybe. CREATOR  
KingGothalionE3 200 Maybe. CREATOR  
ProfessorBromanE3 200 Maybe. CREATOR  
AdmiralBahrooE3 200 Maybe. CREATOR  
dammit2hellE3 200 Maybe. CREATOR  
IGNVIP 250 Maybe. VAULT  
FIGHT4SANCTUARY 250 Maybe. EMAIL  
Borderlands3vip 500 Maybe. Vault  
TWITCHVIP 250 Yes Vault  
GAMESPOTVIP 250 Yes Vault  
FACEBOOKVIP 250 Yes Vault  
SHACKNEWSVIP 250 Yes vault  
GAMEVIP 100 Yes Vault  
BL3ATE3 250 YES Email 6/11/2019
WEGOTUBOO 200 Yes vault 6/13
BORDERLANDSCOSPLAYE3 500 yes VAULT 6/13

vQeea4i.jpg

And here's the official FAQ:

FAQ (source)

Basics

What is the Vault Insider Program?
The Vault Insider Program is a program designed to reward Borderlands fans like you for being so awesome!

Why do I need to sign up for SHiFT in order to join the Vault Insider Program?
SHiFT is the platform that powers all in-game promotions and rewards in Gearbox games.

Which platforms are supported by the Vault Insider program?
Currently we are able to track in-game accomplishments and deliver in-game rewards to Vault Hunters on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Why isn’t the Vault Insider Program working properly for me?
The Vault Insider Program won’t function properly if you’re using an ad blocker or have cookies disabled. For an optimal experience, please disable any ad blockers and enable all cookies.

How do I earn points?
Once you’ve signed up for SHiFT, you can earn points in a bunch of different ways including linking your social accounts to your SHiFT account, completing surveys, referring friends, and checking out the latest Borderlands articles and trailers. Additional ways to earn points will roll out over time; check out the activity hit list on your profile for current suggestions.

How do I redeem points?
Visit the rewards page, select the reward that you’d like to redeem your points for, confirm which gaming platform you’d like to receive the reward on, then hit the Redeem button. If you have earned the required number of points, you will receive that reward.

Will my points ever expire if I don’t use them?
Your points will be active for the life of the program. If we decide to terminate the program, you will be provided with sufficient notice so you can redeem any points you've earned but haven't redeemed.

I just completed an activity; why hasn’t my points total updated?
If the points have not been added to your total balance within 24 hours, you can contact customer service at https://support.2k.com

Can I transfer my points to another Vault Insider?
No.

Rewards
If I’m playing on multiple platforms and claim an in-game reward, will I automatically get it for every platform?
No. When claiming an in-game reward, you’ll be prompted to select which platform you’d like to receive it on.

Can I claim the same reward on multiple platforms if I have enough points to do so?
Not if the reward is listed as one that can only be claimed once.

Will rewards from a season be retired when the next season starts?
There are currently no plans to retire any rewards once a new season is introduced. The beginning of a new season just means that you have more items to choose from! If this changes, you'll be notified prior to the change.

I hope this was of interest to some of you Borderlands fans out there, especially if you're playing BL2 right now with the new DLC, as some of those free legendaries might come in handy (here's hoping you get the Norfleet!). Also, we'll be taking a look at the newly revealed character Moze, with her mech ability in our first Vault Hunter preview over the weekend!

1 hour ago, Cntrl said:

the creator codes from killersix down do not work says "reached redeemed capitalization"

You can only use up to 4 Creator codes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      We recently saw the third Vault Hunter at E3 where Gearbox showed off the Gunner, Moze and her lovely friend the Iron Bear mech! She's possibly the most interesting of the Vault Hunter's we've seen so far (and possibly more than Flak, who we haven't), due to the nature of her action skill, the summoned Iron Bear mech. We're going to be taking a look at all of her skill trees, action skills and more in detail in this preview. So far it seems Moze is the most group-centered of the classes, with many skills that affect the party and her mech even being able to carry another player!

Let's just start with some TLDR highlights of the class, with various interesting features taken from all the skill trees:
      Summon mech and immediately jump in, selecting 2 of 6 different weapons Railguns, miniguns, flamethrowers, rocket launchers, grenade launchers, powered fists, each with their own set of augments Mech punch pulls enemies to you, punches as long as you hold down the mouse Mech stays out after you exit, attacking and eventually suicide charging enemies and exploding Manable turret for co-op partners Grenade focus for Moze, crits with grenades, grenades in fight for your life mode, higher capacity, regeneration Ammo regeneration Sprint and shoot at the same time Party buffs Stepping aside from Moze for a second, we also had a pretty awesome new trailer for the game showcased at E3, so let's take a look:
      As already mentioned, Moze's action skill is summoning the Iron Bear mech which she immediately hops into. The entire class is based around the mech and her three skill trees revolve around different weapons for it. The mech also has fuel that is consumed when moving and firing weapons and it's duration ends when you spend all the fuel (although you can end it before that to get some cooldown back). Each tree has various buffs for moze herself but the main focus is the mech's two "hardpoints" aka his two arms where you can mount different weapons. Each tree has two weapons you can place there, and you can double up on them too - each tree gives you access to two of these weapons: railgun + bear fist, minigun + flamethrower, grenade launcher + rocket launcher. The other new feature in BL3 is augments to actions skills and in Moze's case that comes in the form of modifiers to her mech's weapons, giving them more fuel efficiency or changing the elemental damage type of the weapon and a lot more.

Now, you can have any combination of these weapons, including two miniguns, but using weapons from different trees will make you less efficient. You can always invest in non-mech skills so you don't lose out though, but that seems like a bit of a waste. Very early on it won't really matter which weapons you use on the mech as you won't have that many augments and skills that enhance them, so you'll be able to experiment, but in the mid to late game you'll want to pick a tree so you can get the full benefits of your chosen tree. We don't really know how many skillpoints we'll have at the end (there are 50 levels total, but we don't know if there will be additional skillpoints to be gained elsewhere - probably not), so it's possible that endgame builds will be combining trees and weapons/augments from those trees as well.
      But let's get into the actual skill trees themselves, shall we (we won't be covering ALL the skills, or very specific numbers, just the more interesting and thematic ones - if you want a complete overview of absolutely everything, head to the bottom of the article).

Shield of Retribution
      Shield related skills for Moze and mech, party buffs, railgun and bear fist on mech
      Both the mech and Moze get skills that add or interact with shields in some way.
      Moze: remove health to increase shields for Moze; 40% shields back the first time it's depleted after a full recharge; shield regeneration on critical kills; increased gun damage and reduced incoming dmg while shields are up; increased shield capacity and reduced shock dmg; reduced recharge delay + increased rate; stacking extra shield on kill (and gun damage).
      Mech: gets a 20% shield that regenerates normally; activating the mech starts regening everyone's shields at an increased rate.
      Then we have some party buffs: when Moze reloads she takes a little damage and gives fire damage to her and party members; when killing an enemy Moze's fire rate is reduced, but gun damage is increased for her and allies.
      And finally there's the weapon augments, which you can have one of for each weapon slot/hardpoint.
      Augments, railgun: deals fire damage and uses more fuel; chains damage to additional enemies; has reduced fuel drain, extra magazine size and shots explode after a short time.
      Augments, bear fist: deals splash elemental damage; pulls enemies to mech; has rapid fire, punches as long as you hold + reduced fuel drain.

Bottomless Mags
      Co-op player turret, ammo regen, fuel efficiency, minigun and flamethrower on mech
      The minigun has an overheat gauge which causes it to cease functioning if it overheats and the flamethrower has infinite ammo but consumes additional fuel. This one has the turret on the mech that another player can hop on to for safety and for some bullet spraying action as well! It also has the most interesting skill so far, in terms of systems at least, with one that increases magazine size for Moze and reduces heat for the minigun for each piece of gear Moze has equipped from the same manufacturer. So if you're sporting 4 Jakobs guns and an Anshin grenade mod and shield, you'll be getting a lot of bonuses there.
      Moze: both Moze and the mech can have bullets that don't spend ammo and deal additional fire damage; ammo regeneration after each crit; sprint and shoot at the same time; infinite ammo for 5 secs after exiting mech (remember you can exit the mech before it's run out, not sure if it works with rocket launchers); more gun damage as the magazine is lower; constant ammo regeneration for currently equipped weapon.
      Mech: adds a manned turret to the back of the mech (for co-op players); increased damage when equipping two of the same weapon.
      Augments, minigun: more damage as it fires longer, can be fired longer; cryo damage, reduced damage, fuel and heat consumption; explosive rounds with splash damage, reduced fire rate.
      Augments, flamethrower: less fuel consumption, increased move speed after damaging enemy; corrosive damage, "Melt" damage increased (not sure what that is); fires 3 shot burst, first shot leaves fire puddle.

Demolition Woman
      Splash damage, grenades, longer lasting and faster CD for mech, grenade and rocket launcher on mech
      The rocket launcher is pretty random by default, with it's missiles just flying around all over the place before it gets augmented, so it's a weird one, but very visually impressive.
      Moze: chance to double size of splash damage; splash damage can return ammo and grenades; critical hits for grenades; increased grenade carry capacity; restore health for every enemy hit with a  grenade; splash damage reduces mech cooldown; whenever Moze deals gun damage there's a chance of an additional explosion with splash damage.
      Mech: less fuel consumption for weapons + fuel regen when killing enemy; reduce mech cooldown when killing enemy; more mech health and fuel; grenades in fight for your life mode, if you revive you get a grenade back.
      Augments, grenade launcher: direct hits deal more damage; every 7th grenade is a singularity grenade (pulls everyone to it); 5 round burst and increased reload speed.
      Augments, rocket launcher: 6 homing rockets with increased reload speed; reduced damage and 6 rocket spread, but debuffs enemy to receive more damage from every source; fires 1 big nuke dealing increased radiation damage.

For a much more detailed look into ALL of Moze's skills, check out this video that goes over all of them:

And there you have it, Moze is the third revealed Vault Hunter, with Zane and Amara before her and Flak coming a bit later. I hope this overview was helpful, but do let me know how to improve the format in the future and especially if I missed something about Moze that's interesting. Obviously if you're not familiar with the Borderlands games this preview may have been a bit too in-depth, but we'll have a full summary of all of Borderlands 3's new features soon(ish), as it's taking a bit longer to cover and new info is constantly released.
      We take a look at possibly the most interesting class in BL3, with plenty of group potential.
    • By Starym
      Update: the DLC will only be free for the next month, ending on July 9th and costing around 13E.

While this isn't technically Borderlands 3 content, it's still pretty amazing, as Gearbox Software have just announced (and Steam has previously leaked) a brand new, full-size free 5th DLC for the 7 year old Bordlands 2 game! Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary, while being cheesily named, is out now on Steam, while the Handsome Collection (which includes both BL2 and the Pre-sequel with all their DLC) are 97% off right now at 6E. The new DLC is apparently comparable in size and scope to the 4 previous major ones and, in case you didn't know, Sanctuary is the hub city in BL2 and Sanctuary 3 is the hub spaceship in BL3.
      The new DLC will set the stage for Borderlands 3, and here's the official trailer and description for it:

New features:
      Increased level cap to 80 New rainbow (Effervescent) rarity, more powerful than legendaries New bosses, areas, quests and loot 6 new achievements New cosmetics New raid boss Boost to level 30 for new players
      Borderlands 2 saw a huge uptick in active players on Steam after the BL3 announcement, just like how Diablo 2 got the a boost when D3 was announced (I even want back to BL2 myself for quite a while), so this new DLC is a great addition and the best reason to return to Pandora. The DLC had been rumored for a long, long time, as Borderlands community members kept seeing the old game's files getting updated on Steam, and then Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford tweeted a "surprise" announcement for E3. The Steam page for the game got released and taken down 3 days ago, spilling the beans and making the rumors official, but this one really seemed like a real leak instead of those clearly pushed by the devs themselves, as the E3 surprise was pretty much ruined.
      Now if you're new to the series I can't really decide if you should try the game out now (since it's so cheap), or if it would be better to wait and have Borderlands 3 be your first experience with the franchise, as it's definitely sounding better than 2. I personally love BL2, it's probably one of my favorite games ever, but you might get some fatigue if you start playing 2 now, because there's a LOT to do in the game (Tiny Tina's D&D DLC being a highlight... and Torgue. Always Mr. Torgue).
      In any case, here's the Steam store page for the Handsome Collection if you decide to give it a try, and I thought I'd add the best quest from Borderlands 2 in here as well: