FORUMS
Stan

No More Level 110 Twink Boosting in Patch 8.2

36943-battle-for-lordaeron-in-battle-for

WarcraftSecrets have spotted an interesting new aura on 8.2 PTR which reduces Experience gains from quests and kills by 95%, while someone in your party has disabled XP.

Placeholder for tweet 1140393688272723969

Experience Eliminated Experience Eliminated - You've taken a vow of experience elimination and are unable to gain experience. There may be someone out there that can help you remove this...

In the next tweet they clarified this mainly affects Demon Hunter boosting in Freehold and Island Expeditions and they hurry players to boost their characters before Patch 8.2 goes live which is rumored to happen June 25th.

Placeholder for tweet 1140397102838812672

Ah well, was good whilst it lasted. Bit of a *filtered* way to do it mind, can see some Island or dungeon greifing as pointed out in the WoWhead article comments. 

Side note, 25th for 8.2 seems a bit quick given testing can't be finished, and with Murica day the week after, less time to fix the inevitable slew of bugs...

Wow Blizzard... just wow... I've never done it myself, but really what does it hurt, who does it hurt?

More and more I'm feeling that devs have a set way to play 'their' game and if anyone dares to do something different they'll be punished.

1 hour ago, tkioz said:

Wow Blizzard... just wow... I've never done it myself, but really what does it hurt, who does it hurt?

More and more I'm feeling that devs have a set way to play 'their' game and if anyone dares to do something different they'll be punished.

It hurts monopoly, since people tryed to capitalize on it by selling boost. In my opinion though it's a rather obvious scaling issue that they never took the effort to fully fix - a well-geared level 110 character is just way too powerful. To be honest though you can still use this way to level your friends and guild mates, it's just that it becomes a one-time opportunity, since the booster has to gain XP as well.

1 hour ago, Badadada said:

It hurts monopoly, since people tryed to capitalize on it by selling boost. In my opinion though it's a rather obvious scaling issue that they never took the effort to fully fix - a well-geared level 110 character is just way too powerful. To be honest though you can still use this way to level your friends and guild mates, it's just that it becomes a one-time opportunity, since the booster has to gain XP as well.

not even well geared is needed, just need a 110 dh with the legendary helm, and then 2 piece from antorus, everything after that is just an added bonus. Took me about 1 lockout to get the set bonus and enough essence to buy the lego helm for my dh to boost people.

Edited by Aiin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, tkioz said:

It's pretty obviously an exploit. This is a fix.

13 hours ago, Axebird said:

It's pretty obviously an exploit. This is a fix.

no its not, not at all. its other peoples gold that they earned and should be allowed to spend it lvling faster if they so choose. instead of making lvling in this shitty xpac blizz is gonna force us to no matter what

I could be wrong. But if player uses tricks to reach high levels in short time, if player pay other players to get carried - the problem IMO is that leveling doesn't seem like fun for players.

Wouldn't it be better to make leveling more interesting? Or just ignore it completly? Where is the problem if players are bored by leveling and choose other means to get to MAX ASAP?

It took me a long time to use my lvl 100 boost to boost a hunter from 15 to 100 because the SW sewer beast attacked me and I wanted it as a pet. Never used it to pvp or gather correct lvl armor as I had heirlooms.  Never had enough gold demanded by the mytical dungeon runners to use their services (and wouldn't), but I like the thinking of MooseBear and WedgeAntilles - Who cares how one gets to max level, and leveling is not fun.   There will always be those who cheat or exploit bugs to their advantage.  Can't get rid of them.   And like Arcnail, yes, Blizz likes their money, paid 120 boost, I am sure.  What is 8.2 going up to for max level? 130? LOL a year ago, who would have thunk. Lvl 50 for me!

Edited by roo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.