FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Mage Addons and Macros 1.12 (Classic)

This thread is for feedback concerning our Mage Addons and Macros guide for World of Warcraft: Classic.

Guest Unstuck Macro
  • /click HelpFrameCharacterStuckStuck
  • /run RepopMe()

This macro kills you and you end up at the nearest graveyard so you have to take the res sickness or run back to your body instead of the hearthstone location...

The description isn't quite where it needs to be, completely agreed, big changes incoming to this guide page tomorrow early! ? 

Guest Oeconomia
  • #showtooltip
  • /cast [combat] Arcane Explosion; Arcane Explosion (Rank 1)

This macro is not working for me

What do you mean? Works perfectly for me ? its supposed to be used when you gave many ranks of Arcane Explosion, uses maximum rank if you are in combat and rank 1, otherwise.

PS: I figured out what is different between what you posted and what I was using, there is no space between Arcane Explosion and (Rank 1). So try this out:

• #showtooltip
  • /cast [combat] Arcane Explosion; Arcane Explosion(Rank 1)

Will edit it on the guide ASAP ?

Guest Frosty

The buff macro isnt working for me or for other mages I asked as well . Just casts the first buff. Any suggestions?

18 minutes ago, Guest Frosty said:

The buff macro isnt working for me or for other mages I asked as well . Just casts the first buff. Any suggestions?

• #showtooltip
  • /castsequence reset=2 Arcane Intellect, Frost Armor

This means it resets to the first buff (Arcane Intellect) within 2 seconds of you using the macro. If your connection isn't super fast and you are not spamming the key it will reset to Arcane Intellect before you can buff Frost Armor as the global cooldown by itself is 1,5 seconds so you need to be able to press the macro again in 0,5 seconds which does seem a bit low.

Try with 3 or even 4 seconds and it should be fine ? 

Guest Zancrowl
On 9/5/2019 at 6:42 PM, Seksi said:
  • #showtooltip
  • /castsequence reset=2 Arcane Intellect, Frost Armor

This means it resets to the first buff (Arcane Intellect) within 2 seconds of you using the macro. If your connection isn't super fast and you are not spamming the key it will reset to Arcane Intellect before you can buff Frost Armor as the global cooldown by itself is 1,5 seconds so you need to be able to press the macro again in 0,5 seconds which does seem a bit low.

Try with 3 or even 4 seconds and it should be fine ? 

Hey man, the problem is the space between the , and frost Armor. There should be no space. 

/castsequence reset=2 Arcane Intellect,Frost Armor

hope this helps!

Your mage remove curse macro is wrong. that was a copy and paste from a druid remove curse.

Should be:

#showtooltip Remove Lesser Curse
/cast [target=mouseover] Remove Lesser Curse

Guest Podz

With the buff macro, is there a reason for Frost armor over using Ice armor? to save mana?

Not really, just use Ice Armor once you have it ? its meant as an example, you can replace the spells inside the macros with whatever you are using!

Guest DingDong

Hey !

I'm playing Classic Hardcore, and the macros using "reset=" don't seem to work. Any fix ?

On 9/5/2023 at 9:49 PM, Guest DingDong said:

Hey !

I'm playing Classic Hardcore, and the macros using "reset=" don't seem to work. Any fix ?

Just tested it and it worked absolutely fine, maybe you are using the wrong syntax?

Try this out:

• #showtooltip
  • /castsequence reset=4 Conjure Water, Conjure Food

Replacing the Conjure Water and Conjure Food with the spells you want to sequence cast and the 4 on reset with the amount of in-game seconds you want to wait before making the queue go back to the first spell.

Good luck!