FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Mage Gold Making 1.12 (Classic)

This thread is for feedback concerning our Mage Gold Making guide for World of Warcraft: Classic.

Guest Times

The LBRS Spire Scorpid farm does not work in Classic 1.13, as the scorpids do not respawn

Found that to be the case on my recent runs as well, or at least they do not respawn on a timer anywhere compatible with speed grinding, will adjust the guide, thanks!

Guest Times

Thanks for updating it, i'd also like to ask have you been able to do the Cathedral farm? I haven't managed to get it to work, you die the moment ice block ends as your frost nova casts. I wanded Mograine and then ran closer to the door before ice blocking which allowed me to properly escape and nova the crowd, but I was still unable to kill everybody with the gear currently available (Nearly pre-bis, no archmage robes yet, which is why i'm trying to farm gold). I flamestrike, cone, re-nova (cold snapped right after the first nova), and they just don't die quickly enough from Arcane Explosions before I die. I am specced into 3/3 improved arcane explosion aswell

I didn't try it yet, it could be that it requires higher gear levels than we have right now. You could try different techniques to clear, such as just keeping the enemies under frost nova / cone of cold effect while you finish off Moirane and Whitemane with your single target spells first, after that even just using rank 1 blizzard kiting will work as nothing can touch you anymore. Try to kite around a bit with cone of cold instead of just trying to spam arcane explosion until they or you die, to buy you a little bit more time.

Can anyone confirm that the mobs in the Maraudon can be skinned? I am unable to skin them after looting them, doing exactly as shown in the video sample. Based on classic.wowhead.com I can't seem to find them as skinable monsters.

Guest 3eyyes

I farmed Maraudon for about 5 levels over the last 2 weeks. I can definitively confirm that you can skin the turtles, but you CANNOT skin the deep borer snakes in Classic. I would love to see this updated in the guide.