FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

DPS Mage 1.12 (Classic)

This thread is for feedback concerning our DPS Mage guide for World of Warcraft: Classic.

Guest Pebblz59

Best Alliance race for Mage guide talks about Gnome but you have Human listed. Section 4.1, Second paragraph.

13 hours ago, Guest Pebblz59 said:

Best Alliance race for Mage guide talks about Gnome but you have Human listed. Section 4.1, Second paragraph.

Where are you seeing Human listed as the best race? Both this page, our Human race guide, and our Gnome race guide all say Gnome is best.

Because I fixed it instantly before his comment was even approved by you ? forgot to approve it and reply instantly to make it more clear, thanks for the feedback, was a small typo but typo nontheless! ? 

PS: He meant the <link> to Human Race description was where Gnome is supposed to be!

Guest Classic is a joke

Soooo u have to play the same spec as the next mage or you don't get into raids that's not fun that's bland and flavorless. WE HAVE SEVERAL CLASSSES 2 of them work and you have too choose a certain spec.

Not all friend, just for Frost there are two optimal raid specs we list in the talent guide, then you got some more for Fire later when bosses stop being resistant to its spells.

Classic raids are incredibly easy: compared to mythic raiding in BfA or, really, any expansion since Mythic difficulty was introduced, Classic raiding is akin to Normal mode, when it is not full Looking For Raid.

So only using optimal specs and classes is a complete overkill and a waste. Don't let optimal get in the way of fun and you will find that Classic can actually be quite charming!

Guest Pre-bis mage list

Hi,

I am pretty sure Atal'ai Gloves https://classic.wowhead.com/item=10787/atalai-gloves listed in your pre-bis list cannot drop "of Frozen Wrath".

I hope people are not farming balcony ST for no reason thanks to this list. If you have a single screenshot of these gloves as frost ever - i remain to be convinced otherwise and apologize.

Kind Regards

Beesman

1 hour ago, Guest Pre-bis mage list said:

Hi,

I am pretty sure Atal'ai Gloves https://classic.wowhead.com/item=10787/atalai-gloves listed in your pre-bis list cannot drop "of Frozen Wrath".

I hope people are not farming balcony ST for no reason thanks to this list. If you have a single screenshot of these gloves as frost ever - i remain to be convinced otherwise and apologize.

Kind Regards

Beesman

I literally submitted an update to the guide yesterday to fix this mistake, and as soon as it is deployed you will see that these gloves are no longer part of the list.

I think you are right! But it only became apparent to me that this is the case over a long farm period, as when I initially made this guide WoW Classic wasn't even playable yet, let alone having millions of players who could provide the statistical data required for us to ascertain 100% that "of Frozen Wrath" does not spawn on these gloves.

On wasting people's time, I've seen quite a few streams of people farming the green drakes for the Drakestone off-hand, but they seemed to skip the troll mini-bosses so there's that at least ? thanks!

Guest Heydownthere
On 6/30/2019 at 6:54 PM, Blainie said:

This thread is for feedback concerning our DPS Mage guide for World of Warcraft: Classic.

An alternative to Witchblade is Mind Carver from DM W from the prince, it has the exact same stats as Witchblade.

Hey mages.
Have some questions for you.

1. Is Mage Armor and talents Arcane meditation stackable or not? 30%+15%=45% of mana regen, so its a lot.
2. How many spell damage cost 1% of hit? How is it calculated?

advanced thanks

1. They do stack so feel free to use both, as recommended!

2. Its not set in stone, it depends on what kind of content you are doing and the other stats on your gear. Clearly 1% spell hit is better than 1 spell damage, but 10 spell damage is probably better than 1% spell hit. Many spells with low cast times or area of effect also gain less benefit from spell damage than longer cast time spells, and when you are talking about spell crit, some spells cannot critical strike at all!

Great suggestion, will include it in the next revision which will happen soon due to the introduction of the new Battlegrounds!

Guest Durrmaster

So I was looking at the mage BiS items for BWL. I want to go for full Netherwind for the 8/8 and I was wondering what kinda of DPS it pulls in PvE. IDK if anyone has videos or private server knowledge but I want to go for it because it looks really fun to have a POM chance on cast. Thank you in advance! 

Full Netherwind has some amazing looks and even nice stats, even if its not the most optimal way to play, overall!

The set bonus gives you a 10% chance to have your next main spell become instant, this is amazing in PvP because of the unexpected burst, and in AQ40 when you are Fire specced and can just throw pyroblasts with it, but in BWL as Frost spec it is not quite as good since you still get a global cooldown on your instant Frostbolt, so its more of a 5% DPS increase ?

Guest Kanageddaamen

I am curious, for a pre-raid sword, why mind Carver is listed, but not sageblade

It is, but it will only be available from Phase 5 onwards (AQ40 release).

So for now we have to do with the Crimson Felt Hat ?

Guest Shwayshway

On the subject of the mage pre-raid bis, there is a mistake in the list.  Amplifying Cloak drops in DMW not DME.

3 hours ago, Guest Shwayshway said:

On the subject of the mage pre-raid bis, there is a mistake in the list.  Amplifying Cloak drops in DMW not DME.

You are right, thanks for spotting this typo!