FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

DPS Mage 1.12 (Classic)

Guest Beefy

Hi, is there a section that shows what enchants should be put on weapon/chest, etc? or did I miss it? 

Thanks so much! Love your guides!

7 hours ago, Guest Beefy said:

Hi, is there a section that shows what enchants should be put on weapon/chest, etc? or did I miss it? 

Thanks so much! Love your guides!

Thanks for your support! ?

You can find what you are looking for in the Mage Enchants and Consumables page, accessible through the main menu -> classes -> mage dps guide -> section 6: enchants and consumables.

It should be changing at any moment now to reflect the Zul'Gurub patch and all the new, stronger enchants and a few Oil consumables too so keep an eye out for it!

Guest WanderSoul

Apologies for being late to the info session, but how does the mage fire build compare to the "combustion" or "max damage" fire builds on wowhead?

The differences I'm seeing are:

(icy-veins) - no points in improved flamestrike, no points in pyroblast / blast wave

(wowhead) - no points in magic-absorption to invest in flamestrike, pyroblast / blast wave

This would give you better resistances and small chance of mana gains at the cost of pyroblast / blast wave. Would the lack of pyro talents decrease your dps or does the increased chance of mana gain keep you going in the long run (along with the increase resistance)?

I guess I'm just asking are there noticeable differences in these trade-offs?

15 hours ago, Guest WanderSoul said:

Apologies for being late to the info session, but how does the mage fire build compare to the "combustion" or "max damage" fire builds on wowhead?

The differences I'm seeing are:

(icy-veins) - no points in improved flamestrike, no points in pyroblast / blast wave

(wowhead) - no points in magic-absorption to invest in flamestrike, pyroblast / blast wave

This would give you better resistances and small chance of mana gains at the cost of pyroblast / blast wave. Would the lack of pyro talents decrease your dps or does the increased chance of mana gain keep you going in the long run (along with the increase resistance)?

I guess I'm just asking are there noticeable differences in these trade-offs?

The talents mentioned are all optional and will not impact your single target damage, you don't cast Pyro in single target because of its insane cast time. Wowhead takes the maximum area effect damage talents, while I went for resistances and extra Mana.

So it all comes down to the content you are doing, having blast wave and even improved flamestrike is great for trash while the resistances and Mana is great on harder, longer encounters like Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad.

Pick your poison 🙂 

Guest WanderSoul
On 12/28/2020 at 8:56 AM, Seksi said:

The talents mentioned are all optional and will not impact your single target damage, you don't cast Pyro in single target because of its insane cast time. Wowhead takes the maximum area effect damage talents, while I went for resistances and extra Mana.

So it all comes down to the content you are doing, having blast wave and even improved flamestrike is great for trash while the resistances and Mana is great on harder, longer encounters like Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad.

Pick your poison 🙂 

Thank you for clarifying the differences! 😄

3 hours ago, Guest WanderSoul said:

Thank you for clarifying the differences! 😄

No probs, good luck and have fun! Soon TBC 😄

On 5/11/2023 at 12:17 AM, Guest Gam said:

Is this list updated for Classic Era?

Yes, we updated it when Season of Mastery came out, and the loot is the same as final phase of SoM, where last update was done.

Guest Ara

Hello,

There is an error with the dark Whisper blade. It's not a reward from sack of spoils but a reward from chest of spoils which is much harder to get.

Thx for the pre-raid list which is very good :-)

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Guest Ara said:

Hello,

There is an error with the dark Whisper blade. It's not a reward from sack of spoils but a reward from chest of spoils which is much harder to get.

Thx for the pre-raid list which is very good 🙂

Cheers!

You're right, will send a fix, cheers! Glad it helped you out 🙂