FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Shaman PvP 1.12 (Classic)

The first one linked in the guide: 30-0-21.

You get almost all of the burst damage potential of Elemental alongside all of the top healing talents of Restoration for the heals you will be casting most (lesser healing wave in small scale combat, chain heal in large scale combat).

Using Nature's Swiftness is recommended due to its flexibility (use it chain lightning or lightning bolt to burst damage, with healing wave to burst heal) but it can also work with Elemental Mastery (making it 31-0-20) if you prefer.

Have fun!

Guest Joeblow
On 8/2/2019 at 1:18 PM, Blainie said:

This thread is for feedback concerning our Shaman PvP guide.

this is the worst guide in history a child coulda made it after closing their eyes and selecting any random shaman youtube video.  the audacity it takes to say "this guide contains everything you need to know to play a shaman in a pvp environment"  is rofl stupid.  there is not one piece of deep or quality information.  not any strategy or what shamans counter or who counters them or how to pvp as the only class without a hard cc.  if you swant to do guides not make clickbait landing pages with over genralized basic information then you need to include these things i metnioned and more.  heck if it was a thorough guide it would have a section for vs each other class.  there are not many so it isnt like a big undertaking.  anywya i remember using icy veins way back in retail in like MoP maybe before when it was decent, but this classic version of icy veins is garbage and clearly made with some template not content i mind./

A lot of improvements / more detail is coming to this page, and the rest of the PvP guides soon, including a BiS list.

It is definitively not meant to stay this way forever, just need a little bit more time to write and review everything up ?

also, a non- rank 12+ alternative should be listed (not every player is going to play that much)

Edited by Totano

Guest All makt til

Some insights I have to benefit this guide (I have only been playing elemental in pvp during classic, and ranked twice to 14 (once solo for fun))  

1. You dont need hit ever. Some strong options will still have hit on them, but we dont benefit from that portion of the items atall.

There is no real benefit from reallocating the 3p hit talent in the resto tree. And well 30/0/21 or 31/0/20 is the way.

Meaning rockfury bracers for example is nothing but thrash to us (ok spellpower, very low stam, no int = baaaad).

2. Probably the most glaring issue here; Rings/ neck / Swap in items. 

At the very least you want a high stamina neck & ring combo. Infact I would advice that once you go above 400 sp; you make your sp ring+neck combo your swap in items (to use when your just pewpewing undisturbed from the backline). 

I would highly reccomend Neck: Master dragonslayer medallion (24 stam 7 defence) ring ; Exhalted AQ rep protector ring (24 stam 7 defence).

* Heavy dark iron ring (mc 20stam 110 arm 5 def) and the 28 stam nef ring are also a strong options.

**The pvp defence; caps out at 315 (as a stat Its decent, not very strong, just a slight chance melee attacks and stuns will be missed; its the hp you go for).  As 5k hp unbuffed is the minium you should be rolling with. If you are much lower than this, with how bursty pvp is, you very quickly become a free kill.

3. Natural alignment trinket; looks good on paper as the damage boost is strong but its cost and cd is just too high.

It simply takes our biggest dissadvantage in pvp and makes it worse.

You are way better off just rotating the Zg trinket and Toep (2% crit trinket if both should be on cd). 

With the secondary slot filled with a static sp trinket (tear/jeds) <- utillity trinkets go here

4. Gloves of Ebru (leather) from bug trio will beat all other options (this tier and remains bis post nax).

5. Armor is king. Always always use a thick shield. Never use cloth/ leather options for mainslots (head/shoulders/ chest/leggs) only minor slots should be considered (wrists/ gloves/ belt/boots) *if you have the rank boots should be locked into r12.

Beyond this tier; break the 2.5 3 set when naxx comes, as elemental fury leggs & shoulders are just too strong to pass up.

You reach a point where more spellpower is just redundant, I would pick up again the r13 chest or helm as bis at that point. Even if its just 9 sp it will serve you better with 35 stam on the item and +20 with the set bonus (paired with the r 12 boots).  (With the same reasoning during our current phase, you should never take off r12 boots and leggs).

Pase 6;

2 set pvp chest + boots                 557 SP  5k hp    37% crit unbuffed.

3 set chest + helm + boots            534 SP 5.2k hp 36% crit 

3 set^ + 1 stam ring and neck      470 SP 5.6k hp 35% crit

You really shouldnt be lacking burst with either of these combinations.

1 hour ago, Guest All makt til said:

Some insights I have to benefit this guide (I have only been playing elemental in pvp during classic, and ranked twice to 14 (once solo for fun))  

1. You dont need hit ever. Some strong options will still have hit on them, but we dont benefit from that portion of the items atall.

There is no real benefit from reallocating the 3p hit talent in the resto tree. And well 30/0/21 or 31/0/20 is the way.

Meaning rockfury bracers for example is nothing but thrash to us (ok spellpower, very low stam, no int = baaaad).

2. Probably the most glaring issue here; Rings/ neck / Swap in items. 

At the very least you want a high stamina neck & ring combo. Infact I would advice that once you go above 400 sp; you make your sp ring+neck combo your swap in items (to use when your just pewpewing undisturbed from the backline). 

I would highly reccomend Neck: Master dragonslayer medallion (24 stam 7 defence) ring ; Exhalted AQ rep protector ring (24 stam 7 defence).

* Heavy dark iron ring (mc 20stam 110 arm 5 def) and the 28 stam nef ring are also a strong options.

**The pvp defence; caps out at 315 (as a stat Its decent, not very strong, just a slight chance melee attacks and stuns will be missed; its the hp you go for).  As 5k hp unbuffed is the minium you should be rolling with. If you are much lower than this, with how bursty pvp is, you very quickly become a free kill.

3. Natural alignment trinket; looks good on paper as the damage boost is strong but its cost and cd is just too high.

It simply takes our biggest dissadvantage in pvp and makes it worse.

You are way better off just rotating the Zg trinket and Toep (2% crit trinket if both should be on cd). 

With the secondary slot filled with a static sp trinket (tear/jeds) <- utillity trinkets go here

4. Gloves of Ebru (leather) from bug trio will beat all other options (this tier and remains bis post nax).

5. Armor is king. Always always use a thick shield. Never use cloth/ leather options for mainslots (head/shoulders/ chest/leggs) only minor slots should be considered (wrists/ gloves/ belt/boots) *if you have the rank boots should be locked into r12.

Beyond this tier; break the 2.5 3 set when naxx comes, as elemental fury leggs & shoulders are just too strong to pass up.

You reach a point where more spellpower is just redundant, I would pick up again the r13 chest or helm as bis at that point. Even if its just 9 sp it will serve you better with 35 stam on the item and +20 with the set bonus (paired with the r 12 boots).  (With the same reasoning during our current phase, you should never take off r12 boots and leggs).

Pase 6;

2 set pvp chest + boots                 557 SP  5k hp    37% crit unbuffed.

3 set chest + helm + boots            534 SP 5.2k hp 36% crit 

3 set^ + 1 stam ring and neck      470 SP 5.6k hp 35% crit

You really shouldnt be lacking burst with either of these combinations.

Really sick roundup, will be going over it in the new few days, thanks and big gz on the ranking grinds, hope it was great fun! ?