FORUMS
Damien

Priest Leveling 1.12 (Classic)

Guest anonop

The spell rotation is not updating as i scroll up to higher ranks.  Could you fix this?

Guest sub

The Level/Talent slider seems to be bugged? at level 10 it says 5 points either wand or spirit? and level 20 it says required level 29? etc each 10th level

Heya Anonop, there were a few kinks with the spell rotation which we are fixing right now, should be updating properly as we go once its live ? 

Also, Sub, we only have images every 10 levels, so they show how your talents should look once you are the "required level". But we will be putting in a new section below that tells you in which order to take the talents and why. Thanks for the feedback!

Guest Iron
22 hours ago, Seksi said:

Hey, thanks ? me and Niph tinkered it up yesterday. That will be fixed ASAP!

Is the original available at all? I'm midway through 20's and the talent tree part of the guide just randomly took a hard left from shadow to holy and has me lost on how to proceed.

1 hour ago, Guest Iron said:

Is the original available at all? I'm midway through 20's and the talent tree part of the guide just randomly took a hard left from shadow to holy and has me lost on how to proceed.

Ideally, you'd need to respec into the new build and we apologize for the incurred costs. If you don't want that (and I can perfectly understand), I re-added the images for the old builds in the guide. See section 4 on https://www.icy-veins.com/wow-classic/classic-priest-leveling-guide

Guest Iron
5 hours ago, Damien said:

Ideally, you'd need to respec into the new build and we apologize for the incurred costs. If you don't want that (and I can perfectly understand), I re-added the images for the old builds in the guide. See section 4 on https://www.icy-veins.com/wow-classic/classic-priest-leveling-guide

Thank you very much for this. I thought about respecing but I think I'll just power through as it looks like the new guide wants you to respec into shadow at 40 anyway.

15 hours ago, Guest Iron said:

Thank you very much for this. I thought about respecing but I think I'll just power through as it looks like the new guide wants you to respec into shadow at 40 anyway.

Its better to stay as is and place points in shadow for World Content regardless so don't worry much about it ? disc is better for dungeons only.

Guest Guards

The summary of skills only currently shows 1 skill for me, is that intentional?

Guest Czupak

Your suggesting buying Mind Flay Rank 2, yet your talent tree doesn't include rank 1.

Overall I think leveling was much more efficient with the previous build. Are you sure this is the way to go?

Heya, the idea of the build is to respec to Shadow at level 40 when Wanding becomes much weaker, and so at that point you will want to get the Mind Flay ranks to deal as much damage with it as possible ? 

Guest Gazia

At level 28 it says buy Rank 2 Mind Flay.  That requires Rank 1 Mind Flay, which requires 10 points in Shadow.   The posted talent tree shows only 5 points in Shadow (Spirit Tap)  all the way through 39.

Guest Esperos

Great guide! Just wanted to point out an inconstancy. It says to get smite rank 7 at level 40, but the game doesn't allow rank 7 until 46.

Guest Jim

Holy fire is listed in the rotation but never recommended for purchase in the spell lists. 

Guest KARS
On 10/27/2019 at 7:58 PM, Guest Jim said:

Holy fire is listed in the rotation but never recommended for purchase in the spell lists. 

Came here to say this. What rank should we purchase up to?

Guest Shade.

Your Discipline and Shadow leveling specs are the exact same. They're both set for Discipline.

Guest Rustmeiser
On 12/11/2019 at 7:59 AM, Guest Shade. said:

Your Discipline and Shadow leveling specs are the exact same. They're both set for Discipline.

I noticed this as well, wondering if it's intentional or not. If this is intentional, is it really better to go disc until 40? Wondering what the basis for that argument is...

Its because Shadow only really takes off at 40, when you can respec into Shadowform. It is generally better to shield, dot and wand until then.

Guest Crowheart

Apologies, but--on the opening page, indicates priests cannot heal until level 4. This is incorrect, as on creation they have smite, attack, and lesser heal.

On 9/13/2020 at 6:36 AM, Guest Crowheart said:

Apologies, but--on the opening page, indicates priests cannot heal until level 4. This is incorrect, as on creation they have smite, attack, and lesser heal.

Hey Crowheart, you are indeed correct, thanks for noticing that! It's rank 2 of lesser heal that we get at level 4, and rank 1 at level 1. I'll get that updated ASAP ?

Uncommon Patron

On the Holy guide levels 22-29 have an off-by-one error :

Levels 22 to 25 24 — 3 points in Improved Renew Icon Improved Renew
    Levels 26 25 to 29 — 5 points in Divine Fury Icon Divine Fury

Guest Spellsie

This priest leveling guild appears to take to the Disciple page for both the Shadow and the Disciple links.  Is the a Shadow leveling guild somewhere?