FORUMS
Stan

Honeyback Harvester (Bee Mount) is Alliance-Exclusive

38361-battle-for-azeroth-pre-patch-notes

Horde players won't be able to use the 8.2.5 Bee mount, and it appears the mount is intended to be used by Alliance only.

Signs of the Bee mount are dating back to last year's BlizzCon when Blizzard teased it. Players have been hard at work since the release of Patch 8.2 searching for the mount but to no avail. In the first 8.2.5 PTR build, we learned that the Bee mount is indeed coming and based on recent Mount Journal entries, it appears that it's not going to work like Kua'fon's HarnessKua'fon's Harness, where both factions can use the mount. PH Bee MountHoneyback Harvester is exclusive to the Alliance faction, and Horde players won't be able to mount it.

bee_alliance.jpg

Image courtesy of MMO-Champion

PH Bee MountHoneyback Harvester

beemountfront.pngbeemountside.pngbeemountperspective.pngbeemountback.png

In Patch 8.2.5, Alliance players will earn reputation with a new faction, and at Exalted, they will be able to get the Honeyback Harvester mount.

• Like 1

There are all kinds of mounts in the game that are faction specific. Having the honeybee as one of them is nothing new! Just look at all the new mounts that you could buy from the factions in BFA. They are faction specific!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ByeIcyVeins said:

This crap right here is why nobody takes Icy Veins seriously and why 100x more people post on WoWHead. Moderators need to actually moderate their content and not let people like this exist on the site spreading hate and negativity.

I've only seen it happen only a few times, it's rather calm here. MMO-Champion is where things are really bad, that's why there is no point in commenting there, as sensible posts get quickly buried under tons of nonsense and shitposting. Simply more people are visiting MMO-Champion and WoWhead, as these are better known sites, with WoWhead basically having monopoly on what they are doing without any competition.

I don't see any problem with this mount, as it kinda serves as counterpart to Kua'fon.

Edited by Arcling

3 hours ago, August said:

Yeah Alliance always gets the short end of the stick . Blizzard's biggest cry baby casuals are alliance , was no surprise here. All in fairness though they did have to pay for the faction motorcycle since they lost the contest so it's only fair that the stuck up salty babies that are out numbered 10/1 that they finally get to ride in all it's glory the CHEERIO BEE. Just wait Blizz will give Horde a superior mount that rivals even the Alliance themselves.

Oh give me a break, you’re acting like the spoiled brats you are in the horde. Clearly alliance is getting a really bad time in the general experience of the game, 3 horse mounts while horde get 3 unique ones for the BFA faction reps. The outnumbering is a legit issue in warmode for the alliance, and by the way you’re acting, you haven’t even seen what it’s  like on the other side.

The mythic raiding scene is so one sided it’s a huge joke, elitist attraction to racials for the tiny boost in dps is awful; and the popularity because of it has had everyone roll horde for either that or blood elves. the lack of high elves after alliance has asked for them for so long is another spot to the face. These are all legit complains. But you guys on horde just say suck it up, “alliance aren’t allowed to complain” but horde can freely complain for finally not getting something: after Ion has spoiled y’all so much in story and items. 

Just look at what you typed, people are so blind to the horde just because of two things, blood elf’s and racials, take those away and the horde is nothing.

• Like 1

It's just a mount I'm sure sometime in the future Blizzard will use the same skeleton to create a similar set of mounts.  The Alliance get the Bee mount via a chain quest while the Horde get a choice of Pterrodax or Direhorn via chain quest this expansion.  It's the same concept when the Winterspring Saber and the Venomhide Raptor back in the day where each Faction had their own set of tasks to perform to achieve them.

As far as Warmode I instantly took it off once 8.2.5 hit the servers due to problems of sharding and severe imbalance for both sides.  I was either going to have a quick 30 minutes doing dailies or a horrid 2-3 hrs getting camped non stop when I have other better things to do in the game.

6 hours ago, ByeIcyVeins said:

This crap right here is why nobody takes Icy Veins seriously and why 100x more people post on WoWHead. Moderators need to actually moderate their content and not let people like this exist on the site spreading hate and negativity.

Dunno, but you're always targetting the poster personally instead of being constructive to the discussion. 

9 hours ago, ByeIcyVeins said:

What is wrong with you as a human?

Anyway, faction-only mounts increase my feel of immersion. With all the toys and cross-faction mounts it is almost mandatory to have name-tags enabled, as it can be really hard to tell friend from foe. Personally none of my characters will be using the Bee mount, but I'm happy for those who have been waiting for this. I had 1 horde character in Vanilla. Abandoned it and only used it for Season 1 arena. Alliance is my home. I am specially making a goblin, just so I can use the 333333g Toad mount, as it won't suit any of my regular characters. Not telling Horde should make a new character, but it's a viable alternative. 

Edited by Keller

6 hours ago, ByeIcyVeins said:

You know nothing about me. And the fact that you insult people over the internet only makes you a weak child.

And ironically in your reply it is you who is jumping to assumption about someone's character and then insulting them.

Simply hillarious.Oh let me  guess whats next, you are gonna report me like the last person that pointed out your flaws?

14 hours ago, August said:

Yeah Alliance always gets the short end of the stick . Blizzard's biggest cry baby casuals are alliance , was no surprise here. All in fairness though they did have to pay for the faction motorcycle since they lost the contest so it's only fair that the stuck up salty babies that are out numbered 10/1 that they finally get to ride in all it's glory the CHEERIO BEE. Just wait Blizz will give Horde a superior mount that rivals even the Alliance themselves.

Just asking out of quriosity. Are you ok? It's ok to cheer for your faction, but at this point I'm wondering who hurt you so badly that you have to act like this. Take care and be safe. 

My brother-in-law is a beekeper IRL and he plays horde. But he's probably the only kind of person who may ever have a problem with this decision. I don't see how anyone else's roleplaying fantasy can include mounting a ...bee.

22 hours ago, August said:

The point being that the Horde WON the motorcycle mount. Did the alliance do something to win the bee? Nope. That would make it seem more like, “everyone gets a trophy!” It wouldn’t matter who wins or loses. There would be no point to the contest then. 

As a Goblin Rogue, I'm glad they are giving this *filtered* to the Alliance as an exclusive; I hope they give more cutsie BS to Alliance Only.  Stuff like this makes it much harder for the player base to cry about Horde Favoritism.

Give them an Alliance Only cutsie happy fun time Bee Helmet Transmog too.

2 hours ago, geofferson said:

As a Goblin Rogue, I'm glad they are giving this *filtered* to the Alliance as an exclusive; I hope they give more cutsie BS to Alliance Only. 

I hope you are trolling, otherwise that's weird coming from someone playing a cartoony race used mostly as a comic relief. You find giant insects to be cute? Ok...

Edited by Arcling

1 hour ago, Arcling said:

I hope you are trolling, otherwise that's weird coming from someone playing a cartoony race used mostly as a comic relief. You find giant insects to be cute? Ok...

You are right. When I see A mightly paladin charging forth on his small bee mount the first thought that comes to mind is  badass.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Arcling said:

Goblins run the criminal underworld of Azeroth.  I play a Rogue... the Thief Class... that seems pretty on the nose.

Also, all of the Warcraft Graphics are cartoony; I'm not sure what game you've been playing.

6 hours ago, geofferson said:

Goblins run the criminal underworld of Azeroth.  I play a Rogue... the Thief Class... that seems pretty on the nose.

Also, all of the Warcraft Graphics are cartoony; I'm not sure what game you've been playing.

That's the point, and goblins especially, since they usually act as a "funny race". Criminal underground? There are groups like Syndicate, Blackwater Raiders, various other criminal organisations and pirates, none of them are Goblin-specific. Bilgewater Cartel is a trade organisation, albeit often not playing fair, like most Goblins, but they are not running any underworld (and don't have to, since Gallywix profits from being in the Horde).

Edited by Arcling