FORUMS
Stan

Avoid Streamers in WoW Classic

UUW5G45.png

AvoidStreamers is a new website created by Redditor littlesunfish that provides a list of all WoW Classic streamers and the server/faction they will be playing on so that you can avoid streamer realms once Classic launches on August 27.

Click here to check out AvoidStreamers!

Classic Winds created a video back in December, discussing 10 reasons to avoid picking a non-streamer realm for Classic WoW and here are some really good reasons:

• Streamers will be constantly surrounded by a big group of players, they're going to do World PvP and those people will help them farm mats for Scarab Lord, so your chance to earn the title is close to zero.
  • Nobody likes lag. Streamers negatively impact server stability. Most streamers organize various events in the game, so you can expect long queue times and frequent disconnects from the game.
  • Streamers cause faction imbalance because most people want to join the streamer's faction.
  • Trade chat becomes Twitch chat, quite literally.

(Source: Reddit)

Simply put, if you're looking for the "authentic Vanilla experience", it's best to avoid streamer realms. What do you think?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I second this to be very honest,I enjoy ...mind you...sometimes ! , to watch a few streams for the kicks of it,or to enjoy to preview content I usually can't get my paws on,but this right here is truly a good ideea since the things I've seen on classic streams are just ,without meaning to offend,utter garbage. I get the ideea of making a raid,going to gank,or making a party and going to gank,but making a raid/party for the sole purpose of gloryfying some person and breathing down his brown cave is ,well,people may not agree but it's just plain wrong. Yes it's a PvP realm,yes I played on those,yes I nearly used to bite my keyboard when I got ganked but it was all in good spirit so to speak,that's the thing about the mmo,you take the good with the bad,but let's be honest,classic will not hold the same weight as it once did.My two cents at least.

Sometimes I wonder why people even join and follow the Streamers. Especially on Asmongolds Streams. It is just nonsense.

• Like 1

Makes sense to avoid these large groups, as they could potentially ruin experience for those playing classic. Especially if they decide to occupy a popular spots. However, this problem might disappear after several weeks or few months. People will get bored eventually, and most of those streamers would go back to current expansion or other games.

Edited by Arcling

I personally am just gonna pick a server and have fun i do plan on playing on a PvE and a RP server so now it's just a matter of reserving my name tomorrow and selecting which faction.

Gotta be honest, I don't get streamers and their popularity. I've watched a few and they just sound so fake and annoying most of the time. Always hyping over the smallest things. I get it's kinda like watching football (the actual football, not handegg) on tv, or any other sport for that matter, only that has less annoying commentators (Alan Shearer on MotD aside...)

That said, I'm not sure how long classic and their streamers will stay in the limelight and on launch they may have some possitive effects to highlight the game and keep it going. However it's a bit *filtered* just how many of them got into Beta (or any other beta on that note) purely because of streaming (I get that's because of the above positive affect, but did they do what the beta was intended to do, test bugs, report them, report findings vs vanilla etc).

Interesting perspective, however, given there are not a lot of servers slated for launch there is little likelyhood of landing one without a streamer. I'd suggest just play where you like and try to avoid them, or wait til the hype is over and then log in.

1 hour ago, Bobbis said:

Gotta be honest, I don't get streamers and their popularity. I've watched a few and they just sound so fake and annoying most of the time. Always hyping over the smallest things. I get it's kinda like watching football (the actual football, not handegg) on tv, or any other sport for that matter, only that has less annoying commentators (Alan Shearer on MotD aside...)

That said, I'm not sure how long classic and their streamers will stay in the limelight and on launch they may have some possitive effects to highlight the game and keep it going. However it's a bit *filtered* just how many of them got into Beta (or any other beta on that note) purely because of streaming (I get that's because of the above positive affect, but did they do what the beta was intended to do, test bugs, report them, report findings vs vanilla etc).

Streamer are free ad, you give them a key to a beta and they will reach thousand of people by just playing it, it's way better than paying thousand of € to make an ad. 

It's exactly like when Blizzard used to pay Ozzy Ozbourne, chuck norris and many more to play on an ad just to have a big name to represent their company, but now it's free and streamer make money from the content the company deliver, it's a win win

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Regnomed said:

Interesting perspective, however, given there are not a lot of servers slated for launch there is little likelyhood of landing one without a streamer. I'd suggest just play where you like and try to avoid them, or wait til the hype is over and then log in.

While that's true you could at least avoid the biggest ones with the most obnoxious followings like asmon.

First of all with the "limited" number of servers to pick from on this Monday/Tuesday, there will be streamers on all servers.
Secondly streamers can adress their followers; "Tradechat is not for chichat, it will hurt our guild/community rep".

Scarab Lord is a long journey with challenging world encounters and raid progression. Don't believe too many streamers will be in the race for that, unless they are in a really good raiding guild with good relations to other raiding guilds on their server.

It's going to be hard to avoid streamers by 27 Aug, because we have to reserve 3 character names on 12 August, starting at 6 PM eastern time (3 PM pacific time), and none of this information is yet available.

Furthermore, since there are only two NA servers (for Normal game-play) this could turn into a nightmare, especially if half of them are planning on using one normal NA server, and the others on the second normal NA server.  And if they all  plan to use the same server, the lag will kill normal playing.

I've already seen threads discussing the number of servers Blizzard is making available, and the general consensus was that two normal NA servers are not going to be enough (neither are the others, but I'm just looking at the impact on my playing).  Unless they have the layering perfected where they can add an infinite number of servers on the fly, are the streamers going to stand in line in a queue with us regular players?   I remember 4-digit queue numbers and 1 hour 45 minute wait times back in 2004, just to get on your server.

Realms ≠ Servers. A given realm can have any number of servers supporting it. So the limited number of realms at Classic launch will probably not pose the sort of problem some are expecting. (There could very well be a variety of launch problems, but the realm number should not be directly involved in such.)

8 hours ago, Slaith said:

Happy us in EU where there are no such godling streamers with mass slaves base.

You have Forsen...

I will be watching that site closely.  I just want to avoid the realm that Asmongold and his cult following are playing on.  I cannot stand his attitude and his ridiculously obvious fake expressions and overreactions. 

To be honest I'd be kind of interested in a pvp guild with the intent to constantly harass/rogue Asmongold and other streamers 😛

• Like 1

I hate to be that guy, but with how few servers there are it is extremely improbable that any realm will have no relevant streamers on it

Well i don't think is a good idia to avoid streamers servers in wow Classic because you wont want to be ended in a server with a low players in it. as you know we wont have LFR and you wont be able to find  groups for the raids and dungeons , and wont be fun.

its better to be in a server with some steamers even if the game died the server will still have many players playing with the streamers

that the positive points you will get when you play in a streamers server,

and I i know you will see alot of ganks and stuff;s like that but still will be fun 

4 hours ago, h3llw4y said:

Well i don't think is a good idia to avoid streamers servers in wow Classic because you wont want to be ended in a server with a low players in it. as you know we wont have LFR and you wont be able to find  groups for the raids and dungeons , and wont be fun.

Pretty sure they can do connected realms if that happens. It's apparently restored old data on a current engine, perhaps server structure is the same.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Blizzard today clarified that they have fixed a bug in WoW Classic related to the Runeblade of Baron Rivendare weapon which caused the Unholy Aura weapon buff to be utilized to snapshot the current +Healing gear. The Healing per 5 seconds would be  and upon switching to a different set, but maintain the Healing per 5 seconds.
      As a result, the Healing per 5 seconds was maintained upon switching to a different set. A demonstration of the bug can be seen in the video linked below.
      Based on the latest blue posts, we learned that this behavior was not intended and they have fixed it with the release of Patch 1.13.3.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Hi All,
      I wanted to take a second and clear up any misconceptions about the nature of this bug fix. The Runeblade of Baron Rivendare neither scaled with +healing nor snapshotted any +healing effects in Original WoW or the 1.12 Reference client. This behavior was a bug that was introduced into WoW Classic. As such, the fix that went into 1.13.3 that removed the +healing benefit and snapshotting restored this item to it’s original 1.12 state.
      As this bug is now resolved we will be closing this thread now. As always, thank you for your reports and analysis!
      Related News
      Patch 1.13.3 Patch Notes Patch 1.13.3 Know Issues List Warsong Gulch Vendor Details and Clarification Honor Bug Calculations Update: December 9th Detailed Honor System Clarifications and Stats Issues Addressed Are Paid Character Transfers Coming Soon? Combat Log Range Hotfix: November 21st Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer Hotfix: November 21st Jokerd Removed from Method Org After Ninja Looting World's Fastest Molten Core Clear in Phase 1 by Salad Bakers
    • By Starym
      With the new patch and phase having arrived on NA servers today we now also get a list of known issues, as well as some workaround fixes until the issues are resolved.

You can also check out the full patch notes here, or check out our battleground guides here.
      Known Issues for December 10 (source)
      Greetings and welcome to WoW Classic patch 1.13.3!
      Below is a list of known issues for WoW Classic patch 1.13.3. Please note that this list is not comprehensive and is not a complete depiction of what we’re aware of, but a sampling of issues we believe players may encounter with some regularity. We hope to have fixes to these issues in place soon, but we cannot promise when or if any individual bug will be fixed.
      Battlegrounds
      Alterac Valley: The Frostwolf Battle Standard and Stormpike Battle Standard are currently using models that do not match Original WoW Warsong Gulch: The particle effects projected from the Alliance Flag are too bright User Interface
      The “Toggle Keyring” option is missing from the Keybinds menu The Oozeling’s Disgusting Aura does not display a debuff in the character’s debuff tray System Settings
      Certain PCs may incorrectly default to integrated graphics adapters Workaround: Open the System Menu via the Escape key and select System -> Advanced -> Graphics Card and select the correct GPU Lastly, please also note that we do not list any issues here that we are aware of that could be considered exploitative, and as per the forums Code of Conduct 1 we would ask you not to post information in this forum about any potential exploits that you have discovered. If you believe you’ve found an exploit, please email hacks@blizzard.com directly with the relevant details.
      Thank you!

Related News
      Patch 1.13.3 Patch Notes Warsong Gulch Vendor Details and Clarification Honor Bug Calculations Update: December 9th Detailed Honor System Clarifications and Stats Issues Addressed Are Paid Character Transfers Coming Soon? Combat Log Range Hotfix: November 21st Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer Hotfix: November 21st Jokerd Removed from Method Org After Ninja Looting World's Fastest Molten Core Clear in Phase 1 by Salad Bakers
    • By Starym
      With the arrival of the two initial battleground to Classic we have a clarification on how exactly the Warsong Gulch vendors worked in Vanilla and now, most importantly that you'll only see the related items when you have enough reputation and that new items will be coming in a later phase.
      WSG Vendors (source)
      With the patch and battlegrounds now live, we wanted to take a moment to look at the Warsong Gulch vendors. They worked in original WoW and now work in WoW Classic like this:
      Warsong Gulch vendor lists only appear when you have the required reputation. You should see the text “What items have I earned the right to purchase?” and, when you’re Neutral with your WSG faction, you should find that you don’t have the right to purchase anything. Warsong Gulch vendors will only sell items from their original list of consumables (and one tabard) for now. Additional items that were added to original WoW in patch 1.6 will become available when Blackwing Lair opens in 2020. See you in the flag room!

Related News
      Patch 1.13.3 Patch Notes Honor Bug Calculations Update: December 9th Detailed Honor System Clarifications and Stats Issues Addressed Are Paid Character Transfers Coming Soon? Combat Log Range Hotfix: November 21st Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer Hotfix: November 21st Jokerd Removed from Method Org After Ninja Looting World's Fastest Molten Core Clear in Phase 1 by Salad Bakers
    • By Stan
      The new Battlegrounds are now live in WoW Classic! Check out our Alterac Valey and Warsong Gulch guide to get started.
      The launch of Phase 3 in WoW Classic is upon us! Players can now enter Alterac Valley and Warsong Gulch. Blackwing Lair and Darkmoon Faire are coming in early 2020.
      If you've just started playing Classic, don't forget to check out our Honor System Overview to learn more about the Honor System that has been recently enabled on Classic servers.
      Our team has been hard at work updating our Classic PvP guides! Our PvP guides include tips for PvP viability, talent trees, and more.
      Druid PvP Guide Hunter PvP Guide Mage PvP Guide Paladin PvP Guide Priest PvP Guide Rogue PvP Guide Shaman PvP Guide Warlock PvP Guide Warrior PvP Guide Blizzard (Source)
      The time has come to put your PvP skills to the test. The Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley Battlegrounds are now available in WoW Classic.
      WARSONG GULCH
      Test your teamwork in this 10v10 capture-the-flag Battleground. The first team to capture three of the opposing team’s flags wins the match and earns Honor toward their PvP ranking.
      To join the Battleground, you’ll need to be at least level 10 and visit the Battlemaster in one of the capital cities to queue or, if you’re feeling adventurous, travel to the Battleground in the Northern Barrens (for the Horde) or Ashenvale (for the Alliance).
      You’ll be matched up with other players within a specific level bracket as follows:
      10–19
      20–29
      30–39
      40–49
      50–59
      ALTERAC VALLEY
      Step into Alterac Valley and prepare to engage in a battle for every square meter across this Battleground. You’ll need to coordinate with your team in a 40v40 grudge match to see who will come out on top.
      To queue for this Battleground, you’ll need to be at least level 51 at the Battlemasters within the capital cities or head out into Alterac Mountains to queue up there.
      You and your team will need to coordinate to complete PvE and PvP objectives to win. You’ll control key locations such as mines, towers, and graveyards, which will help you push further into the map toward the main objective—the opposite faction’s general—Vanndar Stormpike for the Alliance or Drek’Thar for the Horde. You can make this task easier for you and your team by destroying enemy towers and killing the elites guarding the generals.
      You’ll also be able to turn in resources that can be looted from mobs and players that can be turned in to gain additional bonuses and aid to your side’s cause of crushing the enemy.
      Earning reputation within this Battleground for the Stormpike Guard of the Alliance or Frostwolf Clan for the Horde will open up access to new rewards. You can also gain additional reputation by undertaking a  variety of quests within the Battleground.
      What are you waiting for? Get in there!
      Related News
      Patch 1.13.3 Patch Notes Honor Bug Calculations Update: December 9th Detailed Honor System Clarifications and Stats Issues Addressed Are Paid Character Transfers Coming Soon? Combat Log Range Hotfix: November 21st Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer Hotfix: November 21st Jokerd Removed from Method Org After Ninja Looting World's Fastest Molten Core Clear in Phase 1 by Salad Bakers
    • By Stan
      Blizzard recently posted an update on the Honor Calculation Bug, which has been affecting WoW Classic servers for some time now. They ran a repair script to fix the results of weeks 1 & 2, but the bug caused players to have a higher rank than intended despite the missing kills.
      Blizzard (Source)
      What about 1st 2 weeks Blizzard?
      Did somebody say, “What about the first two weeks?”
      I’m glad you asked, because earlier today, we ran a repair script to fix the results of weeks 1 and 2, and that change should be visible to affected players now.
      During weeks 1 and 2, as many of you have noted here, kills during certain time periods weren’t being counted in the daily roll-ups, which in turn caused them not to count toward your weekly standing. This resulted in players getting the wrong standing relative to one another, and the wrong amount of rank points. Some players got too many rank points, while others got too few.
      Even if you didn’t get all your kills counted, you might have had a higher rank than you ought to, because somebody with a similar standing was missing even more kills (or higher value kills) than you were.
      We had all the kills recorded, but because ranks are a result of relative standings, and each week is affected by previous weeks, we couldn’t just apply a repair for missing kills, we had to re-run the jobs for all 3 weeks to figure out what your correct ranking ought to be right now, and we did exactly that. We didn’t want to take anything away from anybody who might have been blissfully unaware of this problem, so after calculating the correct rank points for everybody in this region, we only adjusted the rank points of anybody who’s rank points were too low, to raise their ranking up to the point that it ought to be.
      Now that that fix has been applied, we’re in a good state to head into battlegrounds.
      Thanks again for your patience!
      See you in Azeroth!
      Related News
      Patch 1.13.3 Patch Notes Detailed Honor System Clarifications and Stats Issues Addressed Are Paid Character Transfers Coming Soon? Combat Log Range Hotfix: November 21st Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer Hotfix: November 21st Jokerd Removed from Method Org After Ninja Looting World's Fastest Molten Core Clear in Phase 1 by Salad Bakers