FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Faerlina Will Be the Main WoW Classic Streamer Realm

4nrIdYd.png

Blizzard enabled character creation for everyone with an active subscription yesterday and streamers have finally picked their realms.

We recently wrote about AvoidStreamers, a site, which gathers information about streamers with the goal to help you avoid streamer realms when it comes to Classic.

Classic character creation opened up yesterday, allowing all players with an active sub to create up to 3 characters per account before launch, so many streamers locked down their server choice. Esfand, Asmongold, and sodapoppin have all picked Faerlina-US. Toweliee will be playing on Pagle-US. The most popular EU realm appears to be Shazzrah, where queues exceeded 1 hour. The few EU streamers have so far picked Golemagg-EU.

2aM8T1b.png

Visit AvoidStreamers for a full list of streamers and their realm choice!

I'm really glad most of the streamers ended up on one server. They'll be able to make some fun content together with potentially some MASSIVE world PVP, but do it within a bubble allowing those of us that aren't apart of their fandom a server not economically and population dominated by them.

If a streamer, say Shroud because he's not a core MMO streamer, quits about a month in and half his fans were only playing because of him, that's a massive loss of population for a server. Since it's a streamer server it potentially won't fall as hard though because they can just pick the next community they potentially already sub to and join in.

This whole anti-streamer thing is such a storm in a teacup that I can only imagine it being started by the hyper-entitled classic 'community'. Complete nonsense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tkioz said:

This whole anti-streamer thing is such a storm in a teacup that I can only imagine it being started by the hyper-entitled classic 'community'. Complete nonsense.

Didn't think we'd see someone get triggered about this.  Streamers will have an impact on servers, and this site helps people avoid that if they want to. Doesn't impact you, so just ignore it.

7 hours ago, thurk said:

Didn't think we'd see someone get triggered about this.  Streamers will have an impact on servers, and this site helps people avoid that if they want to. Doesn't impact you, so just ignore it.

What trigger? The only triggered people I see are the ones crying about streamers and complaining that some hadn't said where they'd be playing, like they are entitled to control where other people play.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tkioz said:

What trigger? The only triggered people I see are the ones crying about streamers and complaining that some hadn't said where they'd be playing, like they are entitled to control where other people play.

The problem is not streamers. It's their community. 

1 hour ago, Rooty said:

The problem is not streamers. It's their community. 

I keep seeing people say this, but they never 'define' problem beyond that they don't like them, I mean if they were really a 'problem' they'd be breaking the ToS and Blizzard would do something about it. It just seems like people want their own little safe bubble where they have total control.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tkioz said:

I keep seeing people say this, but they never 'define' problem beyond that they don't like them, I mean if they were really a 'problem' they'd be breaking the ToS and Blizzard would do something about it. It just seems like people want their own little safe bubble where they have total control.

Its the opposite: people fear that they will be in the streamer's bubble where they have total control and can blacklist you if you gank them and such.

But in practice its basically the same as having a big guild behind someone.

7 hours ago, tkioz said:

Posted in Faerlina Will Be the Main WoW Classic Streamer Realm

7 hours ago, tkioz said:

I keep seeing people say this, but they never 'define' problem beyond that they don't like them, I mean if they were really a 'problem' they'd be breaking the ToS and Blizzard would do something about it. It just seems like people want their own little safe bubble where they have total control.

I mean, it takes all of a couple moments worth of research to find the clips of what the world looks like when a streamer is on. The joke of "invite to Asmon Layer" was flooding trade chat, making it scroll like a twitch stream. When the population is made of many people who think their streamer is famous and want to get close enough to feel like they are a part of something, it is GOING to make an impact on a consistent MMO world. 

There is a big difference between randomly matching with a popular online personality in a shooter or something and a persistent world where the masses can literally watch the stream and go find that person at any given point. It will be a swarm of locusts, burning everything in their path, lagging zones to a crawl, flooding all the local chats with nonsense, etc. If you don't think it will like be this, again, just look up some clips of the open beta. It will happen, and many people do not want to be a part of that in their day to day experience.

10 hours ago, Malzy said:
Posted in Faerlina Will Be the Main WoW Classic Streamer Realm

7 hours ago, tkioz said:

I keep seeing people say this, but they never 'define' problem beyond that they don't like them, I mean if they were really a 'problem' they'd be breaking the ToS and Blizzard would do something about it. It just seems like people want their own little safe bubble where they have total control.

I mean, it takes all of a couple moments worth of research to find the clips of what the world looks like when a streamer is on. The joke of "invite to Asmon Layer" was flooding trade chat, making it scroll like a twitch stream. When the population is made of many people who think their streamer is famous and want to get close enough to feel like they are a part of something, it is GOING to make an impact on a consistent MMO world. 

There is a big difference between randomly matching with a popular online personality in a shooter or something and a persistent world where the masses can literally watch the stream and go find that person at any given point. It will be a swarm of locusts, burning everything in their path, lagging zones to a crawl, flooding all the local chats with nonsense, etc. If you don't think it will like be this, again, just look up some clips of the open beta. It will happen, and many people do not want to be a part of that in their day to day experience.

Ahh so just standard "I don't like it, ban it" hyper-entitled gamer stuff then.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, tkioz said:

Ahh so just standard "I don't like it, ban it" hyper-entitled gamer stuff then.

Haha, I gave you a clear and concise reason since you asked for it as to why people want to avoid the streamer thing.  No one even remotely leaned towards saying "ban it".  You can keep arguing if you like but I can promise you that no one minds that you have a difference of opinion.  If you don't think it will be an issue for you and want to play on a streamer server that is your choice.  Do what makes you happy man 🙂

2 hours ago, Malzy said:

Haha, I gave you a clear and concise reason since you asked for it as to why people want to avoid the streamer thing.  No one even remotely leaned towards saying "ban it".  You can keep arguing if you like but I can promise you that no one minds that you have a difference of opinion.  If you don't think it will be an issue for you and want to play on a streamer server that is your choice.  Do what makes you happy man 🙂

Oh hell no. I don't live in the past, so I wont be playing classic at all, I just find it amusing to read about all the crap the classic 'community' is constantly pulling, it's like watching a group of two year olds screaming for ice cream, but sadder.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tkioz said:

Oh hell no. I don't live in the past, so I wont be playing classic at all, I just find it amusing to read about all the crap the classic 'community' is constantly pulling, it's like watching a group of two year olds screaming for ice cream, but sadder.

SO I guess what makes you happy is complaining about a community that you have no stake in since you won't be participating?  Good on ya, you did it, hope your day rocks because of it.

2 hours ago, Castrum said:

Why is it the streamer server though? Did they coordinate this? No way they all just randomly picked it.

Yes, they did. They all wanted to be on the same realm and decided to go with Faerlina.

On 8/15/2019 at 5:58 PM, tkioz said:

You seriously need help dude. Are you ok? Bloodpressure like that isn't healthy. Don't PvP, might make you angry! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this