FORUMS
Damien

Tank Paladin 1.12 (Classic)

This thread is for comments and feedback regarding our guide for tanking as a Paladin in WoW Classic.

Might want to address the Holy Shock Build used in Naxx and in general to better leap frog threat to circumvent the lack of Taunt. 

Happy to talk more about this topic!

P.S. I suggest adding a small paragraph about the non-deserving negative stigma surrounding paladin tanking.

Edited by CaperfinWoW

On 9/12/2019 at 1:37 PM, CaperfinWoW said:

Might want to address the Holy Shock Build used in Naxx and in general to better leap frog threat to circumvent the lack of Taunt. 

Happy to talk more about this topic!

P.S. I suggest adding a small paragraph about the non-deserving negative stigma surrounding paladin tanking.

The guide is meant to be tailored to phase 1, but I'll definitely add it once it starts to be viable later. That is a good point though, I should probably be clearer about how you leapfrog threat as prot. 

As for the negative stigma, I'm hesitant to add something like that since there is a real negative stigma for some good reasons. I don't want people to look at the guide, play a prot paladin, and be shocked when 99% of raiding groups and guilds tell them no.

"Capping Defense so that you cannot be critically hit requires 440 Defense, which is not obtainable until much later in WoW Classic. "

This is especially wrong now that DM has been released; 440 defense is very attainable.

Guest Berenold

Yes Tankadins are not ideal for main tanking in raids, and therefore, true, many guilds and raids will say no, that doesn't mean it's impossible. Other than main tanking 40-mans, a tank pally can do pretty much everything else. Also, I think too much is made of the lack of taunt spell. If you know what you're doing, HoJ, Judgement and Exorcism can all be used to get back aggro, only using burst damage or outright CC. It's more challenging to be a tankadin yes, but it just means it's more challenging, not impossible. Also, I think you're downplaying the importance of intel in the stat priority and over-emphasizing strength. That's more a later and retail WoW way of thinking of tankadins. IMO

Guest Willatin

You're website has good info but i gotta disagree on your opinion about INT on gear. I running a lot of Stam Int, and some Str and im doing great tanking, no issues whatsoever. I also have SP on some of the gear.  The style of tanking i chose lets me do more that 1 pull before i sit down and drink. Plus i never lose aggro. Of course i wont be main tanking any raid and im aware of that but i do AMAZINGLY well in Dungeons. I just want people to know this website isn't the only way.

Have fun playing 

Guest justsomedude

Paladins cant use daggers, might want to change main hand that is listed as BiS.

Guest Denny
On 3/3/2020 at 1:30 AM, Guest justsomedude said:

Paladins cant use daggers, might want to change main hand that is listed as BiS.

What he said. You definitely don't need nearly as much defense gear as you're suggesting either. With all that lack of spell power, you will literally never have threat without throttling your raid. Get some *filtered* spell power bud.