FORUMS
Vlad

DPS Warlock 1.12 (Classic)

Guest Gnomed

Invisibility and stealth are different mechanics in Classic.

This spell will not increase your stealth detection.

Also needs correction in the introduction page where perception is said to be less useful because warlock have detect invisibility.

On 9/11/2019 at 3:48 AM, Guest Gnomed said:

Invisibility and stealth are different mechanics in Classic.

This spell will not increase your stealth detection.

Also needs correction in the introduction page where perception is said to be less useful because warlock have detect invisibility.

Good catch, thanks!

Guest Gnomed
  • Ritual of Summoning Icon Ritual of Summoning: channels to create a portal, that if two other players click to help you channel, will create a Summoning Stone. This stone can be used repeatedly to summon other players to your location. To summon people, you must have someone target the player they wish to summon, click to channel on the stone, and then have a seperate player click the portal that they create to channel as well.

This change was implemented in patch 3.0.8 in Wrath of The Lich King.

Ritual of summoning does not work this way in Classic.

It will not create a summoning stone, but instead just summon the player that was targeted at the time the warlock casted the spell.

Each individual summon will require a shard, which is one of the reasons why warlocks have to farm so many shards before each raid.

On 9/20/2019 at 5:07 AM, Guest Gnomed said:
  • Ritual of Summoning Icon Ritual of Summoning: channels to create a portal, that if two other players click to help you channel, will create a Summoning Stone. This stone can be used repeatedly to summon other players to your location. To summon people, you must have someone target the player they wish to summon, click to channel on the stone, and then have a seperate player click the portal that they create to channel as well.

This change was implemented in patch 3.0.8 in Wrath of The Lich King.

Ritual of summoning does not work this way in Classic.

It will not create a summoning stone, but instead just summon the player that was targeted at the time the warlock casted the spell.

Each individual summon will require a shard, which is one of the reasons why warlocks have to farm so many shards before each raid.

You are correct, I thought I had already fixed this a few weeks ago, but I only fixed two mentions of summoning. Good catch.

Guest Elistaria

With Dire Maul out you should also update the Enchants page to use Arcanum of Focus instead.

Guest Warlock

Hey, thanks for the great guide! Just have some questions.
Can you even get Atal'ai gloves with shadow wrath? I can't see the option on classic wowhead. 
Wouldn't the focus enchant be better than the int buff from voracity? 

Guest hippiehome

I have a question in question to the atalai gloves of shadow wrath? those gloves do not exist!

Guest Vulgore

Hi,

In the BiS Raid List i am missing the T1 bracers. They are better than the ones from dire maul.

Best regards

Guest Olivia

I second this. T1 Bracers are better in every way I have no idea way Sublime Wrist is there as BIS. 

Guest Lock

What about Soul Harvester staff from ST class quest, I feel like this should be on a Pre-Bis as that hit is amazing. Just seems to me that it should be on pre-bis, as I know people are saying its great till BWL Staves.

Guest Martin

I am missing 2 items in the current "Classic Warlock DPS Gear and Best in Slot":

The wand from Hakkar with 18 Spelldamage and the Shoulders from Razorgore with 34 Spelldamage.

Guest Thanator

Just a second comment on the wand.  Touch of Chaos definitely should be on the BiS list.  As well as Mantle of the Blackwing Cabal.

Guest octav3k

Should also add Abyssal Cloth Shoulders of Sorcery to that list.

Guest Theaos

Hey, The Warlock AQ BiS link on the gear page goes to the Mage Gear list ?

On 8/2/2020 at 5:56 PM, Guest Theaos said:

Hey, The Warlock AQ BiS link on the gear page goes to the Mage Gear list ?

The page is actually getting reworked already and should be live tomorrow, but thanks for the catch! Definitely will be fixed!

Guest Dranthax

Hey, just looking for an up-to date NR set guide, and the sylvan stuff (like the crown) will not be available until phase 6, as confirmed by blizzard. With most people done with AQ, may not be super necessary to update anymore, but I feel it could be potentially useful. 

This guide needs an update in relation to Season of Mastery,  which it does only concern a little. With the removal of debuff limit in raiding, this does impact specs like affliction.