FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Endgame: Mayhem, Guardian Ranks, Raids, Free DLC

AsRffkS.jpg

Here comes more BL3 info from PAX West, focusing almost entirely on the endgame and finally giving us some info on the previously mentioned Mayhem mode and Guardian ranks! Before we get to that, let's talk about DLC - aside from the 4 paid story/major DLCs we're getting in the first year, Gearbox also announced the first 2 free pieces of content coming to the game, foreshadowing future updates as well. We'll be getting seasonal events throughout the year as well as "takedowns" aka raids with new zones, bosses and enemies, absolutely free! The first two are Bloody Harvest and Maliwan Takedown, which will be coming within a month of the game's release.

Now, on to the endgame where we have the usual True Vault Hunter mode, and this time around the entirety of the game will scale to your level in TVH (like it did in Ultimate VH mode in BL2). But, more importantly than that, we get to see Mayhem - a (very) enhanced version of OP levels from BL2, the game will have 3 Mayhem difficulty levels, each with their own enemy modifiers as well as extra loot and xp bonuses (with the numbers shown being placeholders, so Mayhem 3 won't actually have an extra 900% better loot and xp modifier). But more interestingly, each planet you zone into will have its own special modifiers on top of that. What we saw in the video was enemies get 15% less damage from shock weapons and have a 7% higher fire rate, but they can also affect you so your normal bullets deal less damage but elemental ones do more. Mayhem also hosts Anointed gear, which interacts with your action skills and buffs them (this isn't a new weapon rarity, though).

And finally we saw the details of the new badass aka Guardian ranks, unlocked after hitting max level, and they're certainly more detailed this time around. Still endless, but structured a bit more clearly, we'll also be able to get player skins from the system, we get 3 columns to choose from and 17 buffs to claim! Here's the video of the event and below you'll find the official post from the Gearbox site as well.

Blizzard LogoEndgame (source)

Even after you've traveled the galaxy, eliminated countless enemies, and finally finished Borderlands 3's story campaign, your quest for the best loot is only just getting started. The Gearbox Main Theatre Show at PAX West sheds more light on Borderlands 3's endgame which includes the return of True Vault Hunter Mode, Guardian Rank, which is an evolution of the Badass Rank mechanic introduced in Borderlands 2, and introduces the new Mayhem Mode which provides gameplay changing randomness to the Borderlands experience. When you combine Mayhem Mode, True Vault Hunter Mode, and Guardian Rank progression with the highly replayable Proving Grounds and Circle of Slaughter arenas, Borderlands 3's endgame has a lot to offer.

bl3-PAX-moze-560.jpg

Guardian Rank

Beating the campaign unlocks a crucial component of Borderlands 3's endgame: Guardian Rank. If you're familiar with previous Borderlands' Badass Rank system, the basic idea is the same: you can unlock incremental stat improvements that apply to all your Vault Hunters. But Guardian Rank reinvents this mechanic by providing the opportunity for some powerful buffs atop all the smaller bonuses. The Guardian Rank bar sits above your usual XP bar on all your Vault Hunters and is leveled up via experience points; every bar you fill unlocks a Guardian Token, which you can spend to unlock bonus stats across three distinct trees. Spending a Guardian Token lets you choose one option from a total of six randomly selected stats, two from each tree, from a total list of 17 helpful varieties:  

Enforcer

• Critical Damage
  • Grenade Damage
  • Gun Damage
  • Gun Fire Rate
  • Melee Damage
  • Vehicle Damage

Survivor

• FFYL (Fight For Your Life) Duration
  • FFYL Movement Speed
  • Max Health
  • Shield Capacity
  • Shield Recharge Delay
  • Shield Recharge Rate

Hunter

• Accuracy
  • Action Skill Cooldown
  • Luck (Rare Drop Rate)
  • Recoil Reduction
  • Reload Speed

These stat bonuses are nothing to sneeze at on their own, but the real prizes lie in the Guardian Rewards trees. By investing a certain number of tokens, you'll unlock Guardian Rewards specific to the Enforcer, Survivor, and Hunter categories. There are six tiers across all three trees, unlocked by spending 10, 15, 25, 35, 50, or 75 tokens in their respective category. These Guardian Rewards include weapon and Vault Hunter skins to help show off your commitment to vault hunting, as well as passive buffs that can seriously boost your overall power. For instance, the second tier Guardian Rewards will grant additional gun damage to all shots while in Fight For Your Life (the Inner Fury buff in the Enforcer tree), make you recover from FFYL with full health and shields (Resilient in the Survivor tree), or grant extra ammo from all ammo pickups (Bullet Collector in the Hunter tree). Unlocking Guardian Rewards takes serious dedication, but the payoffs will be felt across all your playthroughs from that moment on.

True Vault Hunter Mode

When you're ready for the next step up in difficulty, beating the story campaign also unlocks True Vault Hunter Mode, which is Borderlands 3's take on New Game+. As you'd expect from a challenge befitting a True Vault Hunter, the enemies will be tougher and the loot will be better compared to your Normal mode conquests. Your character's mission progress is unique to Normal or True Vault Hunter playthroughs, but your Vault Hunters' stats and equipment are shared across both modes.

bl3-PAX-mm-560.jpg

Mayhem Mode

Mayhem Mode has the power to change the entire universe of Borderlands 3. Upon completing the story campaign, you'll activate a mysterious terminal aboard Sanctuary III that can enable three difficulty levels: Mayhem 1, Mayhem 2, or Mayhem 3. Taking on one of these Mayhem Modes ups the ante on risks and rewards across all worlds: enemies get increased health, shields, and armor, while you get bonus cash, Eridium, experience gains, and chances for better loot. Jumping straight into Mayhem 3 is basically a death sentence; instead, you should start at Mayhem 1 and work your way up to higher difficulties once you've acquired enough upgraded gear. Mayhem Mode has more badasses and Anointed enemies; basically, things are going to be tougher all around. To offset that difficulty, enemies can drop Anointed gear which grants buffs to your Action Skills, including some that are specific to just one Vault Hunter class. 

bl3-PAX-angun-560.jpg

On top of the tougher baddies, Mayhem Mode applies Mayhem Mods to any planet you visit, which force you to adapt to new playstyles and combat approaches in response to a random selection of modifiers. For instance, you might get Mayhem Mods like Savage, where all enemies deal more weapon damage, or You're a Wizard, which reduces the damage players do with normal bullets but increases their elemental damage by the same amount; the set of Mayhem Mods you'll encounter are viewable from the map screen. And certain Mayhem Mods only come into play when you've activated Mayhem 2 or Mayhem 3, making your survival that much less likely. Be aware that you won't have access to the Mayhem Mode terminal in True Vault Hunter Mode until after you've beaten the new campaign, so plan accordingly.

With all these avenues for endgame progression, there's a wealth of challenging content and coveted rewards to chase as soon as you finish Borderlands 3's story campaign. Even if you somehow manage to conquer every challenge Borderlands 3 throw at you, collect a sizable chunk of its billion-plus weapons, and max out every Vault Hunter class, there's still plenty more Borderlands 3 content to come. Here's just a taste of what's on the horizon for Borderlands 3:

bl3-clndr-560.jpg

More Borderlands 3 news is on the way courtesy of Greg Miller and the Kinda Funny crew on The Borderlands Show, a series of deep-dive Borderlands 3 discussions that kick off with the first episode on September 18. As if all that wasn't enough, Gearbox also announced during its panel that Borderlands 2 VR on PlayStation®VR is getting the Bad *filtered* Mega Fun (BAMF) DLC pack for free on September 6, containing a whopping 16 pieces of DLC content from Borderlands 2. Now you can fully immerse yourself in VR versions of the DLC campaigns Captain Scarlet and Her Pirate's Booty, Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. You can also play the Mechromancer and Psycho classes, take on all five Headhunter DLC packs and the Creature Slaughter Dome, and equip the goodies of both Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Packs plus the Vault Hunter Heads and Skin packs. Those of you who can't wait to experience Borderlands 2 VR on PC won't have to wait long, as Borderlands 2 VR is coming to PC in Fall 2019, including the base game and all its DLC in one glorious bundle.

hmm, i am a bit worried about the guardian rank system. Obviously it is now changed to be more like the paragon Levels in Diablo, so you keep leveling after max level und gain a little bit of more power with time. But what i always liked in BL2's Badass Rank, was that it was connected to challenges for weapons and areas that you can already accomplish in your first playthrough. I wonder what will happen to weapon and map challenges now. Do they give just exp? Or will they give guardian rank Exp already before reaching max level.

i would like to have some little incentive to do all challenges possible, and be viable to do immediately, exactly like badass rank did 🙂

But no matter what, this game will rock 💥 mayhem!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      The cloud save issue that has cost some players quite a lot of game time has been resolved, as Gearbox and 2k have released a hotfix that addresses it. After going in-depth and explaining how conflicts can arise between local and cloud saves, they also clarified what's been happening, as a pop-up window that asks you to either use local or cloud saves hasn't been showing up in some cases:

Cloud Saves (source)
      We have received reports of an issue with the Cloud Saves feature that can cause some players to lose their save data for Borderlands 3. We have identified the following chain of events that result in this issue:
        You play on Machine A offline or with Cloud Saves not enabled. You then play on Machine B online, realize your save from machine A has not transferred, and then quit the game. Then, you swap back to play on Machine A online, pulling down the empty profile from Machine B. When this happens, the screen pop-up shown above displays, to help resolve the conflict between the save states. However, we have identified a bug in which that screen is not always appearing.
      We have shipped a hotfix that addresses this bug. This screen will help ensure players are able to choose their preferred and correct save states going forward. Now, whether this is the only cloud save issue players have been having or just one of several is yet to be seen, as Borderlands 2 had issues with Steam's cloud save system pretty much until today.

Our Borderlands 3 content:
      PC Player Counts Are Double of Borderlands 2
      Borderlands 3 First Impressions
      Tips and Info Before Launch
      Borderlands 3 Reviews and Launch Trailer
      PC Specs and All Graphics Options Detailed
      Sanctuary 3 - Your Home Base in BL3
      VIP Season 3: BL3 Weapons Available, Codes and More
      Vault Hunter Videos, Interactive Skill Trees and Ways to Play
      Psycho Ad Videos + Music of the Planets
    • By Starym
      We have some news from the statistics division, as it seems Borderlands 3 is quite the hit, despite only being available on the Epic store on PC. Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford has tweeted about concurrent player numbers on the PC several times now, and on launch day the numbers were double of what Borderlands 2 had at its peak! After that the number just kept on rising each day and they aren't stopping yet.
      Borderlands 2 had a peak concurrent user count of around 124,000 players according to Steamcharts, which may not sound like a lot, but we do know that the game sold 13 million copies over its lifetime (although that's including the various console versions). With that in mind, the fact that the audience is doubled on PC, despite the drama surrounding the Epic store, means that it's doing really well.
      So, it seems those waiting for a Steam release either aren't that numerous, or the game is going to get another huge surge in 6 months, making it even bigger than it already is. You can check out my first impressions of the game here in case you were still on the fence about it.

Our Borderlands 3 content:
      Borderlands 3 First Impressions
      Tips and Info Before Launch
      Borderlands 3 Reviews and Launch Trailer
      PC Specs and All Graphics Options Detailed
      Sanctuary 3 - Your Home Base in BL3
      VIP Season 3: BL3 Weapons Available, Codes and More
      Vault Hunter Videos, Interactive Skill Trees and Ways to Play
      Psycho Ad Videos + Music of the Planets
    • By Starym
      BL3 has arrived and I've finally gotten to play it. With around 8 hours playtime I'm just going to write up my first impressions of the game and the new systems. I managed to get to level 13 and am only on the second planet, playing as Zane the Operative and his digistruct clone action skill, doing pretty much all the sidequests available.

An early "build", I decided to go for walking shotguns and static grenades, courtesy of the Tediore reload.
      First things first, I got into the game a whopping 5 minutes before it was actually scheduled to launch, and then promptly lost more time than that by selecting the wrong Vault Hunter (and finding out that, yes, just like in BL1 and 2, the entire intro cutscene is unskippable). Once actually in the game it was very much apparent how much better the combat was - the gunplay, enemies and animations are on par, if not above pretty much all modern shooters. I play a lot of Destiny 2, and I'd call that a solid benchmark for great gunplay, and BL3 is definitely up there, except with way more weapon variety. The next huge thing I immediately noticed was just how much simple movement upgrades change things - the impact of sliding and vaulting/climbing on to and over surfaces cannot be overstated. Suddenly every crate, small building or rock outcropping becomes something to climb on to and the game gains a huge sense of verticality, whereas 1 and 2 were quite flat (and it removes those frustrating scenes of not being able to jump over 1M high fences entirely). Meanwhile sliding makes running away when things get too tricky much more dynamic as well, as you slide into and across cover as everything explodes around you, not to mention sliding into enemies faces and shotgunning them to the floor.

Just your average everyday slide up some stairs.
      The gunplay is enhanced by the new knockback system, where any shot that's powerful enough will either knock back or knock down the enemy, basically stunning them for a few seconds or more. Aside from being very useful in combat, it also looks great and adds some advanced dynamics, especially when you toss a grenade into several enemies and they all go flying to the floor. Shotguns become the most enjoyable weapon ever, as they have a big knockdown effect (I'm still not exactly sure what the "kockback/down stat" is - atm I'm assuming it's simply amount of damage within a very short time). This emphasizes the close range shotgun + melee type of combat I very much enjoy, as you can throw enemies to the floor with 1 or 2 shotgun blasts, then go melee > shotgun > melee etc until they're dead. One of the more satisfying moments so far was using Zane's clone to draw an enemy or two to him and then teleport to the clone's location, now being directly in front of the enemies with shotgun ready and blasting their face in.

You can only knock an enemy down once in a short period of time.
      The biggest negative so far would be the fast travel system, which you can now use from anywhere. Technically it should be one of those good thing bad thing issues, but despite the fact it does cut down on tedious running back from quests it also makes a lot of them feel a little grindy. Usually when you were done with a quest you'd have to run back, and while doing that you'd look around, find a chest or collectible, get a feeling of the zone and get into even more combat encounters and so on. Fast travel from anywhere always makes a game feel smaller, despite the convenience. It's especially saddening when there are more things to find out in the world than ever before - some again unfortunately marked on the map when you get in their general vicinity, and some completely obscured. I've already found several locations and landmarks that I can't access but are clearly something, and despite the fact that I'm sure they're just later/endgame activities, they still piqued my interest and made the world feel much more alive.

I'm presuming this is one of those Proving Grounds/dungeons that open later in the game, but it was still cool finding this hidden on the map.
      A short note on the writing: it's definitely much weaker than in BL2, but it's still the same style and I genuinely laughed a few times. The side quests so far have been mostly pretty weak and uninteresting, with a few really bad ones (hi coffee and burgers in a war zone quests), while the main story is also a bit flat so far (the Calypsos got nothin' on Handsome Jack). Now all of this just adds up to it being average or slightly above average video game writing/story, definitely not enough to lessen my enjoyment (although it did make me a bit nostalgic for BL2 and the DLCs in particular, those really had some stellar writing). Claptrap is still his old self, which I always enjoy, and I'd say he's definitely the highlight so far, with Vaughn being pretty solid as well. What is still great are the dying words of the psychos, from the usual murder party lines to a deep philosophical one like "It ends with silence." or just weird ones like "Kill the elderly." (how did they know I was over 35?!?!). That last one I believe is due to me playing Zane, who's supposed to be this older spy whose retirement consists of endlessly killing bandits.
      The quality of life improvements also affect the experience a lot more than I'd expect, as auto-pickup of ammo, cash and medpacks upon opening a chest and similar really make the game feel more smooth, especially since you'll be running out of ammo in the middle of gunfights all the time and will be running around and scrounging chests like a madman while being shot at. Some of the new features aren't that noticeable however, like the destructible cover system which sounded amazing. It doesn't really get used at all, since the battles are way too hectic and you're constantly moving around flanking, jumping etc, but it may come into play at (much) higher difficulties in the endgame. The ground slam is also basically useless, and I only used it once due to a quest requiring it.

For those of you that played Tales from the Borderlands, you'll understand why this one really got me.
      The stars here are the guns, obviously, and they've massively improved them. The manufacturer alt-fire system is pretty solid, but I haven't gotten enough weapons to really judge it. The ones that just switch from burst fire to auto and semi-auto are a bit lackluster, the shotguns with shields are ok but don't really add any interaction, while the tracking bullet ones are actually pretty interesting and require some thought on when to use. The lack of ammo in this early stage is an amazing thing, as it forces you to actually use appropriate weapons for appropriate targets, and even switch out guns when you run out. The Maliwan dual elements is actually one of the more interesting mechanics, as you always need more elements, and having shock on hand for shields and switching to fire (which is still insanely powerful) is very handy.
      I'm really liking the buildcrafting, even this early on (I have 11 skillpoints and am on the third tier of skills), is pretty good. I already have an actual build - I run and slide into melee, empty my shotgun with a few punches thrown in, spawn my digi-clone, run away to reload and shoot with some longer ranged weapons, just before it expires I teleport back in, trigger a nova and clean things up with the shotgun again. My clone also throws a grenade when he spawns and I have a 16% chance to get a free throw myself with the first bullet of each magazine, which is very handy since I already got a legendary! My first one in the game, it dropped from my one and only roll on the eridium slot machine, and despite the fact that legendaries are very powerful, this particular grenade really doesn't fit my style as you have to hit an enemy with it directly for it to have a solid effect. This is pretty difficult for me since my clone doesn't really have any level of aim and when I auto-shoot, the grenade doesn't always go where the bullet went. Still though, it's a very fun build which bodes very well for the later game ones.

The Widowmaker legendary grenade mod, once you actually hit someone with it and it splits into 3 seeking fireballs.
      I also noticed the Annointed weapons (they affect your action skill in various ways) which you can actually get as soon as you reach Sanctuary around level 6-10, as they're bought for eridium and you'll have plenty of it if you explore a bit. They seem to be very build-defining, especially for Zane since he can have two action skills at once (which is why I chose to play with him as my first character). The abilities they add range from simple "reload your gun after using an action skill", to "additional damage on your next 2 magazines after using an action skill" and the much more powerful "while Barrier is active, you gain 60% accuracy and 30% crit damage". I still have to find out if you have to have that particular gun in your hands for the effect to trigger (I'm assuming yes) or if you can stack 4 and get the benefit of all of them (I'm assuming no way in hell). Considering I haven't even unlocked the class mod or artifact slots (although I did get some dropped, bizzarely), I'd say the longevity and width of buildcrafting in the game is going to be very impressive and I can't wait to get further.

In closing, I really REALLY don't want to stop playing the game, and am pondering skipping sleep altogether today, and even feel a slight animosity towards all of you reading this, because I had to spend time writing it :D. The game is incredibly solid and I don't really see a way it'll get worse from here on. I wanted to talk about a lot more as well, but looking back, I've already typed way too much for a simple first impressions article. If you were on the fence at all on this game and anything I wrote above sounds interesting/fun to you, I can only recommend it immensely. Also, considering how fun I'm finding buildcrafting to be, I may even write up a guide or two for some fun builds when I get to endgame.
      Starym talks about his first 8 hours in the game and is impressed by the gameplay, less by the writing.
    • By Starym
      Borderlands 3 is just over an hour from launch and if you're like me, you're getting very impatient and just need something to read or watch to get to that 1:00 AM CEST mark! Luckily we have both Gearbox and a couple of youtube videos giving us some tips and things we should know before we get started!
      You can also check out the reviews for the game and launch trailer, the endgame activities, PC specs and graphics options, interactive skill trees, in-depth looks at each Vault Hunter, Sanctuary 3 aka our home base for BL3, the VIP program, some crazy ads for the game, and of course, the exact launch times in your region in case you're unsure!
      But first, let's get to the gearbox tips:
      9 Tips to get you started (source)
      Borderlands 3 is so close, you can practically taste the unbridled mayhem in the air. Perhaps you've already chosen your main Vault Hunter and mapped out your planned skill tree builds for Amara the Siren, FL4K the Beastmaster, Moze the Gunner, and Zane the Operative. You know exactly when you'll be able to start your galactic adventure at launch thanks to the Borderlands 3 release schedule. But there are a few things you might not know about Borderlands 3 that will help you enjoy yourself that much more. Here are nine spoiler-free starter tips to help you be the best Vault Hunter you can be.

1. Equip a variety of weapons to avoid running out of ammo
      There are over a billion guns in Borderlands 3, but only six types of ammo: Pistol, Assault, SMG, Shotgun, Sniper, and Heavy. To ensure that you don't chew through your ammo stocks and come up empty at the worst possible moment, always bring a variety of weapons into battle. For instance, even if you have two pistols you particularly love, it's better to pick one and store the other in your Backpack than risk equipping two weapons that'll run dry at the same time. As you continue to level up, be sure to visit Marcus aboard Sanctuary III and buy some of his Storage Deck Upgrades (SDUs) to expand your carrying capacity.
      2. You can now use Fast Travel from anywhere
      As with previous Borderlands games, Fast Travel stations dot the areas and planets you'll visit in Borderlands 3—but this time, they're not the only means of warping around. Borderlands 3 lets you teleport from anywhere to any previously discovered Fast Travel station or even your most recently used vehicle, all via the map in your ECHO device. That includes Fast Travel stations on other planets, too; once you've discovered a station anywhere in the galaxy, you can travel there instantly without needing to warp back to Sanctuary III first.

3. Choosing the correct elemental damage type during combat makes a big difference
      Depending on what type of enemy you're up against, your choice of elemental weapons can be the difference between tearing your target to shreds or barely making a dent. There are five elemental damage types in Borderlands 3: Incendiary, Shock, Corrosive, Cryo, and Radiation. The first three types are most effective when matched to an enemy's color-coded health bar: Incendiary damage tears through Flesh represented by red health bars, Shock decimates Shields shown as blue health bars, and Corrosive will melt through Armor denoted by yellow health bars. All elemental damage with the exception of Cryo will also deal respectable damage-over-time.
      Cryo and Radiation weapons aren't designed to take down specific enemy types, but they're still highly useful for their utility. The icy blasts of Cryo guns will slow their targets, eventually freezing them solid; this is particularly handy when you need to isolate an enemy for some focused fire or keep a melee attacker at bay. Radiation can cause your target to become Irradiated, creating a noxious damage-over-time cloud that also affects nearby enemies. It can quickly nuke big groups if you successfully cause an Irradiated chain reaction: when an Irradiated enemy dies they'll explode for immediate area-of-effect damage and a chance to Irradiate any nearby baddies.
      4. Equip Class Mods for more skill choices
      Class Mods are class-specific pieces of gear that grant a variety of bonuses when equipped. Typically these bonuses come in the form of points on skill trees, which can afford you access to abilities and buffs that you haven't actually invested points into, or put you over the usual cap for skills that you've already maxed out. Note that it's only possible to equip Class Mods after you complete a specific mission on Promethea, so if you find any before then, you should store them for safekeeping in your Player Bank found in Sanctuary III's Crew Quarters.

5. Be sure to reposition yourself during Fight For Your Life
      Successfully scoring a kill during the downed Fight For Your Life state will bring you back from the brink of death, but you may sometimes find yourself stuck in a bad spot during FFYL without a clear line of sight to fire at nearby enemies. In Borderlands 3, all Vault Hunters can now crawl around during FFYL, giving you a better chance of lining up the perfect shot that ultimately saves your life with a Second Wind recovery. Friendly NPCs are also able to revive you, so crawl towards any who are nearby to increase your odds of survival.
      6. Use the new Mark Target action to express yourself
      Whether you're playing with friends who all have voice chat enabled or teaming up with randoms in multiplayer matchmaking, communication is key for co-op success. The new Mark Target command in Borderlands 3 is the perfect way to call out points of interest in co-op, as it instantly highlights your target with a relevant icon. Mark Target is particularly helpful when you want to rally your group against a tough enemy, helpfully highlight an ammo crate, call dibs on a loot chest, or just temporarily mark an interesting spot in your environment.
      7. Vehicles you encounter are yours for the taking
      You're always free to explore Borderlands 3 on foot, but grabbing a set of wheels is a quicker way to reach quest objectives or new points of interest. You can always digistruct a vehicle at any Catch-A-Ride station, but there's also the option of a quick hijacking if aggressive bandit drivers get too close. There are even some elusive vehicles tucked away on certain planets, which appear as purple models on your minimap; if you can reach these custom vehicles and successfully drive them to a Catch-A-Ride in one piece, Ellie will reverse-engineer their modifications for use in your own car collection. If you ever need to make a quick getaway or want to hit some sick air off a makeshift ramp, make sure to hit the boosters, which by default are mapped to Left Bumper/L1 on controllers and Left Shift on keyboards.

8. Check your mail for weapon manufacturers' loyalty rewards
      The weapons manufacturers of the Borderlands universe are all eager for your business, and they like to keep tabs on your accomplishments in Borderlands 3. When you hit certain milestones using a manufacturer's gear, there's a good chance they'll reward your brand loyalty with a little thank-you gift sent via the in-game mail system. To receive your reward, go to the Social section of the pause menu, then click the Mail tab to peruse your complementary goodies. The in-game mail system is also how you'll receive any weapons you've earned via the Vault Insider Program.
      9. Mayhem Mode continues the challenge after you beat the campaign
      On your space-faring quest to stop the twisted Calypso Twins, you'll encounter tons of optional side missions offering extra XP, helpful loot, and self-contained storylines featuring unforgettable characters. But if you miss or skip some these missions during your journey only to realize that you greatly outlevel them later on, don't worry—the entire universe can be scaled up to match your current level while Mayhem Mode is active, ensuring that all missions provide a suitable challenge. If you really want to test your mettle, you should also revisit any Proving Grounds and Circle of Slaughter arenas you've discovered with Mayhem Mode enabled. Mayhem Mode is unlocked once you've finished all the main story missions; check out our PAX West reveals to learn more.
      There's plenty more to discover for yourself in Borderlands 3, but these tips should help give you an edge in the battle against the Children of the Vault. For more need-to-know info ahead of Borderlands 3's launch on September 13, check out the Official Guide to the Borderlands.
      And then it's on to some videos, starting with Dantics' spoiler free tips!

I hope to see you in-game in about an hour or so! And in case you were wondering about our guides, it'll take a while to play through the game itself, so they'll be up just as soon as we can get the necessary info.
    • By Starym
      With just 2 days to go until Borderlands 3 arrives we're getting to see the game once more, as the official BL channel will be streaming the game at midnight PT/9 am CET today! You can check out the exact launch times for the game here.

In addition, we got the final version of the cover art, expanded upon with many more details, vault hunters, allies and enemies, as the Masterpiece of Mayhem:
      Masterpiece of Mayhem (source)
      If the Children of the Vault cultists from Borderlands 3 had their own chapel, the Masterpiece of Mayhem would adorn its hallowed heart. For your enrichment, we proudly present this most blessed piece of fine art in all its glory, immortalizing the many heroes and villains of Borderlands 3. Witness the valiance of FL4K the Beastmaster, Moze the Gunner, Zane the Operative, and Amara the Siren, the four Vault Hunters who have what it takes to save the galaxy. Resist the urge to worship The Calypso Twins, Tyreen and Troy, as they tempt you with their wicked influencer ways. Bend thy knee in reverence of his holiness Psycho Steve, and whisper a dutiful "Heyooo!" under your breath. We can't guarantee that the Masterpiece of Mayhem will or will not imbue your life with complete and total enlightenment, but there's only one way to find out.
      Click the image below to feast your eyes on this marvelous work in high resolution. If you'd like to see the individual Murals of Mayhem that make up the complete Masterpiece, you can find them over on our Downloads page.

Once you've finished weeping hot tears of exalted joy, bask in the radiance of the Borderlands 3 Official Cinematic Launch Trailer, then Meet the Borderlands 3 Composers and get a taste of the game's wondrous soundtrack.