FORUMS
Damien

Rhok'delar Hunter Quest

Guest bindi

Can't really "just" kite Nelson the Nice / Silithus, scatter shot and concussive shot will not keep him at bay! You need to use his weakness, wing clip rank 3 to immobilize him. You also gotta keep multishotting (Rank 1) to kill the homing beetles. His fear will also kill you unless you use 3x Greater Shadow Protection Potions. 

I am also having trouble with the fears themselves pulling me too far away from him, causing him to evade. Feels like its bugged, sometimes I have hit him for the last 5 seconds, then he fears me and instantly evades away.

Guest bindi

Also, regarding Simone the Seductress, I tried trapping her and killing the pet separately, but when I ran back the pet had respawned. Instead, I found it really easy to just trap the pet, and kite her alone, the pet will reset and run away god knows where, while you have alone time with the demon. No hassle, used one major mana potion.

Adding to my previous comment about Nelson the Nice, I'm going to attempt it again with priest and druid buffs, maybe even a tremor totem (shouldn't reset the fight). Also going to have a warlock duel me and cast Curse of Recklessness on me, so I am immune to fear. It feels almost impossible to do without being immune to fear, because he resets during the time I am fleeing.

Guest bindi

Franklin is pretty much impossible to melee I would say, he melee'd me for 2k before I managed to scatter shot him after his enrage. He also enrages *very* frequently, so you can't depend on your 30s scatter shot cooldown to avoid it, and I don't think you'll be able to wing clip him in time either. I just kited him for 10 minutes, used 3 major mana potions. 

Be aware if you scatter shot + aimed shot him while kiting, he can suddenly break free and come smack you. Just kite and keep aggro with arcane shot rank 1, I used max rank serpent sting as well.

Got my rhok'delar now by the way :-).

On 9/27/2019 at 8:51 PM, Guest bindi said:

Can't really "just" kite Nelson the Nice / Silithus, scatter shot and concussive shot will not keep him at bay! You need to use his weakness, wing clip rank 3 to immobilize him. You also gotta keep multishotting (Rank 1) to kill the homing beetles. His fear will also kill you unless you use 3x Greater Shadow Protection Potions. 

I am also having trouble with the fears themselves pulling me too far away from him, causing him to evade. Feels like its bugged, sometimes I have hit him for the last 5 seconds, then he fears me and instantly evades away.

I did the quest last week, and I actually killed him only by kiting - no wing clips. If you never wing clip, he will not fear you. You just have to use the terrain in the ruins to extend the path he runs by jumping up and down cliffs. Another tip, if you bring a warlock friend with you, duel and have him put rank 1 curse of recklessness on you. The curse makes it so you cannot be feared, which makes the boss trivial.

On 9/28/2019 at 11:25 AM, Guest bindi said:

Also, regarding Simone the Seductress, I tried trapping her and killing the pet separately, but when I ran back the pet had respawned. Instead, I found it really easy to just trap the pet, and kite her alone, the pet will reset and run away god knows where, while you have alone time with the demon. No hassle, used one major mana potion.

Adding to my previous comment about Nelson the Nice, I'm going to attempt it again with priest and druid buffs, maybe even a tremor totem (shouldn't reset the fight). Also going to have a warlock duel me and cast Curse of Recklessness on me, so I am immune to fear. It feels almost impossible to do without being immune to fear, because he resets during the time I am fleeing.

Yeah, that's also a viable option. I killed the pet first, but you have to be quick about pulling her afterwards. Once the pet is dead, run back, get health and mana, then immediately go.

And yeah, Nelson took me the longest to do, only because he resets super easily. Once I got the timing down and didn't let him reset, it worked.

On 9/28/2019 at 4:41 PM, Guest bindi said:

Franklin is pretty much impossible to melee I would say, he melee'd me for 2k before I managed to scatter shot him after his enrage. He also enrages *very* frequently, so you can't depend on your 30s scatter shot cooldown to avoid it, and I don't think you'll be able to wing clip him in time either. I just kited him for 10 minutes, used 3 major mana potions. 

Be aware if you scatter shot + aimed shot him while kiting, he can suddenly break free and come smack you. Just kite and keep aggro with arcane shot rank 1, I used max rank serpent sting as well.

Got my rhok'delar now by the way :-).

Yeah, I did this one after I finished the guide. The key to him is timing - he enrages on a set interval. Once you figure out the timing, it's easy. Wait for him to enrage -> scorpid sting -> run into melee -> raptor strike -> wing clip -> run out and start auto shotting -> concussive shot at the end of the wing clip -> he'll enrage before concussive shot ends, so you start over again. This way you can just save scatter shot for emergencies if you ever mess it up at all.