FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

A Classic Art Journey Parts 7-11

2GAavGN.jpg

We're back to Vlad "Valdihr" Harabagiu's series of incredible art pieces taken from his own journey through WoW Classic, perfectly capturing the feel of a particular moment or quest, in his inimitable animated series style. We have 5 new entries since our original look, starting with one everyone will be familiar with, Harpies Threaten!

vlx-harabagiu-valdihr-a-classic-journey-
Part 7: "Harpies Threaten"
Tauren take pride as the protector of these lands. Undoubtedly you can guess why I am alarmed with the number of harpies that dwell here in Stonetalon. The Bloodfuries are the source of the increasing number of harpies in Kalimdor; they encroach upon all likes of life preventing the innocent from leaving their boundaries. I need you to cull the harpies!

Part 8: "Satyr Horns"
Heya! I've been traveling through Ashenvale, heading towards Ratchet, and decided to make a stop here at Splintertree. I'm always looking for an opportunity, and it seems that satyr horns are in high demand in Ratchet these days. After asking around here, it seems that the satyrs in Night Run, Satyrnaar, and Xavian all have the type of horns I am looking for. I'm no match for those satyrs... but you look like you might be! Tell you what, you collect the horns for me and I'll make it worth your time.

Part 10: "Souvenirs of Death"
I hear you were enlisted by Darthalia to wage war on the humans of Hillsbrad. So jealous I am. . . While you're off having all the fun -- slaying humans, pillaging the town, terrorizing innocent people -- I am stuck standing guard here in Tarren Mill. Perhaps you'll take pity on an old Deathguard like myself? You see I am collecting human skulls. And you will be fighting humans for quite some time. Over the course of your long battle, bring me 30 skulls and I will make it worth your while.

vlx-harabagiu-valdihr-lowres.jpg?1569276
Part 11: "Elixir of Agony"
Next door the Deathguards are holding a few captured farmers hostage. High Executor Darthalia suspected one of the military strategists from Stormwind to be hiding out amongst them. Apparently the military chap was found dead in the Plaguelands last night. Darthalia, always looking out for me, decided the prisoners would be left to my disposal. I think it's time we threw those farmers a party. Sounds like a grand ol' time! Place this tainted keg on the rug in their room. Plagued brew for all!

vlx-harabagiu-valdihr-low-a-classic-jour
Part 11: "Shadowfang Keep"
Arugal still resides in Shadowfang Keep. We cannot claim Silverpine as a strategic stronghold for the Dark Lady until Arugal is slain. I shall see to it that his magic is eradicated. But I leave it in your hands to see that Arugal meets the death he so deserves. Travel to Shadowfang Keep and put an end to Arugal's foul spells once and for all. Bring to me the vile wizard's head!

A whole lot of incredibly impressive pieces once again, with the Souvenirs and Elixir ones especially evocative (and gruesome). We can't wait to see more as Valdihr continues on his journey! Which one is your favorite from the new batch and do any of them beat out the Mankirk and quillboar ones from last time?

In other good news, we have an interview with the man himself coming up tomorrow, and he's even created a special piece for us, featuring a very fiery individual, so check back here on Sunday to hear more about this very talented artist and check out his latest creation! 

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Staff
      Blizzard have just announced they will be retiring all in-game shop services aside from name change starting on July 22nd. This includes guild realm and faction transfers.
      Guild Services (Source)
      We will be retiring Guild Services currently available in the in-game shop as of July 22, 2024, at 10:00 a.m. PDT.
      Services that will be retired include Guild Realm Transfers and Guild Faction Transfers. After July 22, 2024, these services will no longer be available. The Guild Name Change service will continue to be available.
    • By Stan
      Evokers saw some minor adjustments in the latest War Within Beta build.
      Latest Evoker Changes
      Engulf - For each of your periodic effects on the target, effectiveness is increased by 50%. Engulf your target in dragonflame, damaging them for [ 370% of Spell Power ] Fire or healing them for [ 425% of Spell Power ] Unrelenting Siege - For each second you are in combat, Azure Strike and Living Flame deal 1% increased damage, up to 50%. For each second you are in combat, Azure Strike, Living Flame, and Disintegrate deal 1% increased damage, up to 15%. Double-time - Ebon Might and Prescience can critically strike, extending their duration by 10 sec. Ebon Might and Prescience gain a chance equal to your critical strike chance to grant 50% additional stats. Temporal Burst - Tip the Scales overloads you with temporal energy, increasing your haste, movement speed, and cooldown recovery rate by 1%, ramping up to 40% over 40 sec. Tip the Scales overloads you with temporal energy, increasing your haste, movement speed, and cooldown recovery rate by 30%, decreasing over 30 sec.
    • By Stan
      Patch 11.0 introduces a new Emissary of War weekly quest for you to complete during the Dungeon Bonus Event.
      Previously, the Dragonflight Level 70 version of the quest required you to complete 4 Mythic Dungeons to earn a piece of Heroic Raid Loot.

With the War Within update, there's a new Emissary of War quest for Level 80. Now, you can complete 4 dungeons on either Heroic or Mythic Difficulty to receive a piece of Item Level 610 Heroic Nerub'ar Palace loot!
      Placeholder for tweet 1803092476770549892
    • By Stan
      The lack of changes for Shamans in the War Within expansion is starting to become a meme.
      Although Shamans have been hoping for some class updates, none have been made yet.
      Our guide writer Petko notes that playing an Elemental Shaman in Mythic+ feels really bad right now.
      Placeholder for tweet 1802229478266908945 Wordup has even started a feedback thread for Enhancement, but there haven't been any significant changes to the spec.
      Placeholder for tweet 1796010835531149543 Placeholder for tweet 1798460840208908637 Blizzard mentioned that they're mostly done with major reworks and are now focusing on tuning. Many frustrated Shaman players took to Reddit to talk about the lack of changes for their favorite class, and even, started to create memes!
      PKCarwash says there's been literally 1 change for Shamans during the whole test cycle.
      We came across some great memes, though a few have been deleted. Here’s what's still available:
      Do you think Shamans need changes? Let us know in the comments!

• By Stan
      Next, we're checking out the Druid changes that went live on the War Within Beta this week.
      Latest Druid Changes
      Boundless Moonlight - Fury of Elune Fury of Elune now ends with a flash of energy, blasting nearby enemies for Astral damage. Full Moon Full Moon calls down 2 Crescent Moons that deal Astral damage and generate 3 Astral Power. Lunar Beam Lunar Beam now causes you to leech life equal to 10% of all damage dealt to enemies within the beam. [ Fury of Elune Fury of Elune now ends with a flash of energy, blasting nearby enemies for ( 212% of Spell Power ) Astral damage. Full Moon Full Moon calls down 2 Minor Moons that deal ( 116.6% of Spell Power ) Astral damage and generate 3 Astral Power.] Stellar Command - Increases the damage of Fury of Elune and Full Moon by 15%. Increases the damage of Lunar Beam by 30%. Increases the damage of Lunar Beam by 30% and Fury of Elune by 15%. The Eternal Moon - Fury of Elune The flash of energy now generates 6 Astral Power or 6 Rage and its damage is increased by 50%. Full Moon New Moon and Half Moon now also call down 1 Crescent Moons. Lunar Beam Lunar Beam increases Mastery by an additional [ 1,400% of mas ]%, deals 30% increased damage, and lasts 3 sec longer. Fury of Elune The flash of energy now generates 6 Astral Power and its damage is increased by 50%. Full Moon New Moon and Half Moon now also call down 1 Minor Moons. Lunation - Your Arcane abilities reduce the cooldown of Fury of Elune by 2.0 sec and the cooldown of New Moon, Half Moon, and Full Moon by 1.0 sec. Your Arcane abilities reduce the cooldown of Lunar Beam by 3.0 sec Your Arcane abilities reduce the cooldown of Lunar Beam by 3.0 sec. Restoration Druid - Increases periodic damage/healing by 68%: Incarnation: Tree of Life and Rejuvenation Increases periodic damage/healing by 25%: Improved Regrowth and Regrowth Astral Insight - Incarnation: Chosen of Elune and Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc increase Arcane damage from spells and abilities by 10% while active Incarnation: Chosen of Elune increase Arcane damage from spells and abilities by 10% while active Entangling Vortex - Damage may cancel the effect. Enemies pulled into Ursol's Vortex are rooted in place for 3 secs - sec Moondust - Enemies affected by Moonfire are slowed by 30%. 20%. Lunar Calling - Starfire deals 40% increased damage to its primary target, but no longer triggers Solar Eclipse. Thrash now deals Arcane damage and its damage is increased by 12%. Starfire deals 40% increased damage to its primary target, but no longer triggers Solar Eclipse. Moon Guardian - Moonfire and Starfire generate 2 additional Astral Power Photosynthesis - While your Lifebloom is on an ally, your periodic heals on them have a 4% chance to cause it to bloom. While your Lifebloom is on yourself, your periodic heals heal 20% 10% faster Atmospheric Exposure - Enemies damaged by Full Moon, Fury of Elune, or Lunar Beam take 4% increased damage from you for 6 sec. Enemies damaged by Lunar Beam or Fury of Elune take 4% increased damage from you for 6 sec. Implant - Your Swiftmend causes a Symbiotic Bloom to grow on the target for 4 secs. - sec. Thriving Growth - Wild Growth, Regrowth, and Efflorescence healing has a chance to cause Symbiotic Blooms to grow on the target, healing for [ 120% of Spell Power ] over 6 sec. Multiple instances of these can overlap. Rip and Rake damage has a chance to cause Bloodseeker Vines to grow on the victim, dealing [ 135% of Attack Power ] bleed Bleed damage over 6 sec