FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
JaxDraco

Hunter Ranged weapon recommendation is wrong

In your Hunter guide you state something to the effect, "there are no good crossbows before level 60..blah blah blah" 

That's 100% wrong. There are no good green or white crossbows... there are many blue crossbows which are far better for leveling then green bows or guns if you are not a Troll or Dwarf. Many have + to hit, high Agility stats and are slow firing for good DPS and rotation control.

That line needs to be changed. It casts the rest of the information provided under suspicion. If the Author was wrong about that, what else is the guide wrong about...

12 hours ago, JaxDraco said:

In your Hunter guide you state something to the effect, "there are no good crossbows before level 60..blah blah blah" 

That's 100% wrong. There are no good green or white crossbows... there are many blue crossbows which are far better for leveling then green bows or guns if you are not a Troll or Dwarf. Many have + to hit, high Agility stats and are slow firing for good DPS and rotation control.

That line needs to be changed. It casts the rest of the information provided under suspicion. If the Author was wrong about that, what else is the guide wrong about...

Hey JaxDraco,

Thanks for the feedback. You are partially correct; my statement "there are no good crossbows before level 60" is not entirely true, more a simplification of the actual situation. There are 3 viable crossbows that would be worth using if you got them before the pre-raid BiS phase. To clarify, I classify Heartseeking Crossbow and Blackcrow as being in the pre-raid BiS phase, and don't really include them for leveling. You could buy Heartseeking at 51 if you wanted though, so I'll probably edit the guide to include that.

While leveling though, you could get Crystalpine Stinger at 27, Skull Splitting at 43, and Swiftwind at 35. These are all rare BoE drops, and not something I'd advise spending the gold on if you're leveling up for the first time. If you are playing a Hunter as an alt, then go for it since you probably have the gold to spare. That being said, I've leveled Hunters from 1-60 multiple times, including on WoW Classic, and I've never used a Crossbow before the late 50's since there are other options available and I don't like relying on buying rare weapons from the AH, especially since it's not a viable option for people playing their first character. Those weapons are around the range you want to be saving for your first mount, which is going to be more valuable.

I did the AV rep grind starting at 57 and got a quest reward for Bloodseeker x-bow.  Seems to be equivalent in specs to other pre-BIS ranged weapons.