FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
FreddyJ

Classic: Lock Spell Damage question

I'm playing an arcane-specced mage and recently purchased three pieces of armor with + Arcane Spell Damage.  The second I swapped out her armor with the new items, in the block named Ranged Attack Damage, her damage increased with each item I put on her (both the low and high damage numbers).

So, I figured what's good for a mage is good for a lock.

I purchased three pieces of armor, each with + Shadow Spell Damage.  When I swapped out the armor pieces, the Ranged Attack Damage didn't change in that block as it did with my mage when I swapped her armor out.

Did I just waste my money?

Thanks.

On 10/20/2019 at 9:10 AM, FreddyJ said:

I'm playing an arcane-specced mage and recently purchased three pieces of armor with + Arcane Spell Damage.  The second I swapped out her armor with the new items, in the block named Ranged Attack Damage, her damage increased with each item I put on her (both the low and high damage numbers).

So, I figured what's good for a mage is good for a lock.

I purchased three pieces of armor, each with + Shadow Spell Damage.  When I swapped out the armor pieces, the Ranged Attack Damage didn't change in that block as it did with my mage when I swapped her armor out.

Did I just waste my money?

Thanks.

I'm assuming your mage was using a wand that did arcane damage, and your lock was using a wand that did not do shadow damage?  Ranged Attack Damage in the Character menu is your dps for wand/bow/gun.  The added arcane/shadow damage will be reflected in your spell damage, which doesn't have an overview section in the Character menu.  Don't worry! Added shadow damage for a lock is never wasted!

On 10/24/2019 at 3:31 PM, TeeKay1556 said:

I'm assuming your mage was using a wand that did arcane damage, and your lock was using a wand that did not do shadow damage?  Ranged Attack Damage in the Character menu is your dps for wand/bow/gun.  The added arcane/shadow damage will be reflected in your spell damage, which doesn't have an overview section in the Character menu.  Don't worry! Added shadow damage for a lock is never wasted!

Thank you for the reply. 

The answer is yes on your question regarding the wands.

I discovered that the damage only changed the wand damage while I waiting for a reply.  Stupidly, I thought that I had made a mistake and got rid of the + shadow damage and + arcane damage armor items.

In a way, I guess it worked out because while leveling, I'll have to replace the items anyway, so I'll start over.

Thanks again.