FORUMS
Stan

Infinite Heart of Azeroth Trait in Patch 8.3: Purity of the Worldsoul

39016-heart-of-azeroth-guide-for-battle-

Purity of the Worldsoul Purity of the Worldsoul in Patch 8.3 is the equivalent to Legion's Concordance of the Legionfall Concordance of the Legionfall trait and the new Heart of Azeroth slot is used to increase your Corruption Resistance with each level.

Purity of the Worldsoul Purity of the Worldsoul increases Corruption Resistance by 1 per level and requires Heart of Azeroth Heart of Azeroth Level 85 to unlock. Corruption Resistance will play an important role in the new Corrupted items system where items come with Corruption which activates side effects based on your Corruption Level.

Building up your Corruption Resistance is going to be important if you decide to keep the benefits and not cleanse all your Corrupted items.

6ZSkUxS.jpg?1

Heart of Darkness Heart of Darkness is a new Azerite Power which increases all your secondary stats while your Corruption Level is 25 or higher, so the new system provides a lot of flexibility.

O man this is super dangerous, like mythic ppl will push really hard for a long time to make sure they have enough resistance to equip every slot with corrupted gear. This to me will ruin the whole system.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Whisla said:

O man this is super dangerous, like mythic ppl will push really hard for a long time to make sure they have enough resistance to equip every slot with corrupted gear. This to me will ruin the whole system.

Something similar was said in Legion with concordance 🙂

I personally hoped for something to aim for, for an end of the grind, but damn i was wrong. I wouldnt wonder if they do it like in Legion: with Prepatch of SL all people will have an overpowered Hearth of Azeroth and the same level without even spending anymore time grinding AP.

Edited by Baharok

2 hours ago, Baharok said:

Something similar was said in Legion with concordance 🙂

I personally hoped for something to aim for, for an end of the grind, but damn i was wrong. I wouldnt wonder if they do it like in Legion: with Prepatch of SL all people will have an overpowered Hearth of Azeroth and the same level without even spending anymore time grinding AP.

Right, but the small % of verse in legion wont = another slot with crit damage. Im all for something to work towards in a small way, but the AP system currently is designed pretty poorly and to add a layer of intense power prog behind it will cause the initial rush to be super hard. Like if your guild is pushing rank they will want everyone to try and get enough resistance for that extra piece of corrupted gear as soon as possible, and that too me will ruin what corrupted gear fixes from the wf/tf system.

I dont have problem with this at all 🙂 to aim for something to improve your performance while we w8 for Shadowlands 🙂 ,i read somewhere that it will be released in 2021, so we have at least something to do the whole year (but hope there will be something added, as spending whole year with one content would become boring realy fast and lots of players would stop playing). And as casual player, even i will be able at some point wear whole corupted gear without downsides of corruption...and ofc those, who play a lot will have that gear much sooner, but thats normal way of things. If i as a casual player would like to be on the same lvl and strenght as others, who play tenths hours a week, then i would play some game which is "pay2win" and not a game which reward you for your effort (which is set on some lvl, so its not 2hard on casuals but at the same time not 2easy for dedicated players - which is sometines prety hard to find and there will be always some1 whining)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Whisla said:

I think this wont be as much of a problem as it sounds like, because the important thing is: No one is stopping you from equipping corrupted gear already from the get go. Yeah, there are drawbacks, that , at some point, are impossible to survive. But since this infinite trait is just decreasing the effects of the drawbacks, and not directly saying "you can wear one c-item more", is the key here, which makes it pretty acceptable in my opinion. I like that very much 🙂

which is not my opinion on the corrupted gear itself. The traits in themselves are problematic... and everyone will want to go for the crit. And some speccs are profiting from critdmg far more than others... They shouldve sticked to just statamount and other effects, and could go a bit more creative in that.

3 hours ago, Perak said:

I dont have problem with this at all 🙂 to aim for something to improve your performance while we w8 for Shadowlands 🙂 ,i read somewhere that it will be released in 2021, so we have at least something to do the whole year (but hope there will be something added, as spending whole year with one content would become boring realy fast and lots of players would stop playing). And as casual player, even i will be able at some point wear whole corupted gear without downsides of corruption...and ofc those, who play a lot will have that gear much sooner, but thats normal way of things. If i as a casual player would like to be on the same lvl and strenght as others, who play tenths hours a week, then i would play some game which is "pay2win" and not a game which reward you for your effort (which is set on some lvl, so its not 2hard on casuals but at the same time not 2easy for dedicated players - which is sometines prety hard to find and there will be always some1 whining)

If they really release it AFTER their deadline of december the 31 2020, they are also hurting the purchase contract. I think i do not need to explain what that means.

If i am wrong, you can correct me and i also know which source you read for the 2021 release. I think that it wont happen, because of the beforementioned reason. I can imagine that they release it to the very end of the year, but some weeks before the big holidays arrive (for most people at least). Offices wont have alot workers active in this time, so i can imagine November 2020 to have some time for fixing typical problems with a release, before holidays.

This is the reason why I urge Guildies to get their HoA to Lv.70 now before the new Raid tier is released.  That way when the new content patch drops for live servers they have a small stepping stone to start building up the HoA again and to start building resistance toward corruption that will be on all forms of gear obtainable.  

The level required is so high that the try hard mythic guilds will all have the content on farm well before it is feasible to farm this. The real race is for the extra minor essence slot, and for the most hardcore of all, the last stamina node.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      A summary of the newest Druid and Paladin Anima Powers added on the Alpha this week.
      Druid
      Sealed Essence Sphere - Convoke the Spirits will use an exceptional spell significantly more often. Paladin
      Calibrated Sextant - Blessing of the Seasons additionally grants 75 secondary stat. Summer: Critical Strike Autumn: Haste Winter: Versatility Spring: Mastery Darkened Ember - Vanquisher's Hammer generates 2 Holy Power. Dried Fire Flower - Your Blessing of Summer damage is increased 100%. Hallowed Candle - Ashen Hallow damages and heals 1 additional target. Hallowed Silverglass - Casting Hammer of Wrath, Judgment, or Holy Shock within Ashen Hallow triggers its damage and healing. Pristine Fallen Leaf - Blessing of Autumn's effect on your Avenging Wrath is increased by 500%. Tome of the Vanquished - Vanquisher's Hammer triggers an additional Divine Storm. Undead Bone Ash - Hammer of Wrath reduces Ashen Hallow's cooldown by 3 seconds. Worn Leather Strap - Cooldown of Vanquisher's Hammer reduced by 3 seconds. All Anima Powers
      You can find all class-specific Anima Powers that work in Torghast linked below.
       Death Knight  Mage  Rogue Death Knight Anima Powers
      Mage Anima Powers
      Rogue Anima Powers
       Demon Hunter  Monk  Shaman Demon Hunter Anima Powers
      Monk Anima Powers
      Shaman Anima Powers
       Druid  Paladin  Warlock Druid Anima Powers
      Paladin Anima Powers
      Warlock Anima Powers
       Hunter  Priest  Warrior Hunter Anima Powers
      Priest Anima Powers
      Warrior Anima Powers
      Latest Shadowlands Alpha Build 34972 News
      Changes to Combat Potions in Shadowlands New Demon Hunter Changes Announced An Update on Pelagos' Pronouns on Alpha Shaman Legendary Powers in Shadowlands Priest Legendary Powers in Shadowlands Tyrannical No Longer Affects Boss Mobs in Shadowlands
    • By Stan
      Blizzard has significantly increased the Hunter stable size to hold up to 205 pets in this week's Alpha build!
      In Battle for Azeroth, you have 60 empty and 5 active slots, so that's a total of 65 pets you can store. In Shadowlands, the number of empty slots has increased by 140 to 200, allowing you to store up to a maximum of 205 pets.
      Changes to Combat Potions in Shadowlands New Demon Hunter Changes Announced An Update on Pelagos' Pronouns on Alpha Shaman Legendary Powers in Shadowlands Priest Legendary Powers in Shadowlands Tyrannical Affix No Longer Affects Boss Mobs in Shadowlands Shadowlands Alpha Build 34972: Class Changes
    • By Stan
      This week's class changes on the Alpha revolve around Demon Hunters. Perseverance has been replaced with Body and Soul for Holy Priests, and more. 
      Blizzard also added new Shaman and Priest Legendary Powers!
      Demon Hunter
      Fury of the Illidari - Throws the Twinblades of the Deceiver two demonic glaives in a whirlwind of energy, causing [ 14.000 * 38% of weapon damage ] Chaos damage over 3 sec to all nearby enemies. Immolation Aura generates 20 Fury. Engulf yourself in flames, radiating [ 9.17% 55% of Attack Power ] Fire damage every sec. Lasts over 6 sec. Demon's Bite generates 25 to 35 Fury. Havoc
      Havoc Demon Hunter - Blade Dance, Burning Hatred, Chaos Nova, Chaos Strike, Demon's Bite, Essence Break, Eye Beam, Eye of Leotheras, Fel Barrage, Fel Rush, Felblade, Immolation Aura, Insatiable Hunger, Metamorphosis, Trail of Ruin, Unbound Chaos, Vengeful Retreat Demonic Appetite (Level 99 Talent) - Chaos Strike has a chance to spawn a Lesser Soul Fragment. Consuming any Soul Fragment grants 30 Fury and reduces the remaining cooldown of Eye Beam by 2 sec, up to a maximum of 15 sec. Insatiable Hunger (Level 100 Talent) - Demon's Bite deals 20% more damage and generates up 5 to 10 additional Fury. Burning Hatred (Level 100 Talent) - Immolation Aura generates 50 an additional 30 Fury over 6 sec. Cycle of Hatred (Level 106 Talent) - When Chaos Strike refunds Fury, it also reduces the cooldown of Metamorphosis Eye Beam by 4 3 sec. Vengeance
      Fiery Brand - Brand an enemy with a demonic symbol, instantly dealing [ 133.17 of Attack Power ] Fire damage, [5% of Attack Power ] Fire damage every 2 sec and reducing the damage done to you by 40% for 8 sec. Brand an enemy with a demonic symbol, instantly dealing [ 133.17% of Attack Power ] Fire damage and [ 40% of Attack Power ] Fire damage over 8 sec. The enemy's damage done to you is reduced by 40% for 8 sec. Soul Cleave - Viciously strike 5 enemies in front of you for [ 58.5% 70.2% of Attack Power ] Physical damage and heal yourself for [ 105% of Attack Power ]. Agonizing Flames (Level 99 Talent) - Immolation Aura increases your movement speed by 30% 20%, and deals 20% its duration is increased damage by 50%. Feast of Souls (Level 100 Talent) - Soul Cleave heals you for an additional [ 54% 67.5% of Attack Power ] over 6 sec. Charred Flesh (Level 102 Talent) reworked - Immolation Aura damage increases the duration of your Fiery Brand by 0.50 sec. You can find more details in the following post by Blizzard.
      Druid
      Convoke the Spirits (Covenant Ability) - Call upon the Night Fae for an eruption of energy, channeling a rapid flurry of 16 Druid spells and abilities over 4 sec. You will cast Moonfire, Wrath, Regrowth, Rejuvenation, Thrash, Rake, Shred, and Ironfur Wild Growth, Swiftmend, Moonfire, Wrath, Regrowth, Rejuvenation, Rake and Thrash on appropriate nearby targets, favoring your current specialization shapeshift form. Feral
      Shred - Shred deals 20% [ 46% of Attack Power ]% increased damage against bleeding targets Hunter
      Arcane Shot - A quick shot that causes (200% [ 60% of weapon damage) Attack Power ] Arcane damage. Monk
      Mistweaver
      Mistweaver Monk - Celestial Breath, Chi Burst, Chi Wave, Essence Font, Healing Sphere, Invoke Yul'on, the Jade Serpent, Mastery: Gust of Mists, Refreshing Jade Wind, Renewing Mist, Rising Mist,Soothing Mist, Summon Jade Serpent Statue, Thunder Focus Tea, Vivify Priest
      Discipline
      Discipline Priest - Contrition, Divine Star, Halo, Holy Nova, Penance,Perseverance, Prayer of Mending, Shadow Covenant, Shadow Mend Holy
      Holy Priest - Contrition, Cosmic Ripple, Divine Hymn, Divine Star, Halo, Holy Nova, Holy Word: Serenity, Holy Words, Penance,Perseverance, Prayer of Mending, Renew, Shadow Covenant Perseverance (Level 30 Talent) removed and replaced with Body and Soul (now available to all specs). Shaman
      Fae Transfusion (Covenant Ability) - Transfer the life force of up to 8 4 enemies in the targeted area, dealing [ 150% 300% of Spell Power + 150% 300% of Attack Power ] Nature damage to each enemy over 3 sec. Limited to 8 4 target(s) Counterstrike Totem,  Skyfury Totem,  Grounding Totem (PvP Talents) totem health increased from 5 to 50 health. Enhancement
      Hailstorm (Level 60 Talent) - Each stack of Maelstrom Weapon consumed increases the damage of your next Frost Shock by 75% 35%, and causes your next Frost Shock to hit 1 additional target per Maelstrom Weapon stack consumed. Warlock
      Curse of Exhaustion - Reduces the target's movement speed by 50% for 8 sec. Curses: A warlock can only have one Curse active per target. Demonology
      Implosion - Demonic forces suck all of your Wild Imps toward the target, and then cause them to violently explode, dealing [ 230% 26.4% of Spell Power ] Shadowflame damage to all enemies within 8 yards. Deals reduced damage to secondary targets. More Shadowlands Class Changes
       Death Knight  Mage  Rogue Death Knight 9.0.1 Class Changes
      Mage 9.0.1 Class Changes
      Rogue 9.0.1 Class Changes
       Demon Hunter  Monk  Shaman Demon Hunter 9.0.1 Class Changes
      Monk 9.0.1 Class Changes
      Shaman 9.0.1 Class Changes
       Druid  Paladin  Warlock Druid 9.0.1 Class Changes
      Paladin 9.0.1 Class Changes
      Warlock 9.0.1 Class Changes
       Hunter  Priest  Warrior Hunter 9.0.1 Class Changes
      Priest 9.0.1 Class Changes
      Warrior 9.0.1 Class Changes
      Changes to Combat Potions in Shadowlands New Demon Hunter Changes Announced An Update on Pelagos' Pronouns on Alpha Shaman Legendary Powers in Shadowlands Priest Legendary Powers in Shadowlands Tyrannical Affix No Longer Affects Boss Mobs in Shadowlands
    • By Stan
      The Tyrannical affix has been changed on Alpha and no longer increases the health of boss mobs in dungeons.
      Tyrannical - (NEW VERSION) Bosses have 40% more health. Bosses and their minions inflict up to 15% increased damage. (OLD VERSION) Boss enemies have 40% more health and inflict up to 15% increased damage. Latest Shadowlands Alpha Build 34972 News
      Changes to Combat Potions in Shadowlands New Demon Hunter Changes Announced An Update on Pelagos' Pronouns on Alpha Shaman Legendary Powers in Shadowlands Priest Legendary Powers in Shadowlands
    • By Stan
      An overview of new Priest Legendary Powers added in this week's Alpha build.
      In Shadowlands, you will be able to forge Legendary items by farming materials from Torghast and imbue them with various powers, and here are the ones that will likely be available to Priests. Note that the tooltips may be slightly inaccurate, but they should still give you a pretty good idea about what to expect.
      Priest
      All Specializations
      Cauterizing Shadows - When Shadow Word: Pain expires on a target, 5 allies within 20 yards of the target are healed for 6% of their maximum health. Restored Faith - Leap of Faith instead causes you to leap to your target, and has 2 charges. Discipline
      Clarity of Mind - During Rapture, Power Word: Shield costs 20% less mana and applies 6 second longer Atonements. Crystalline Reflection - Power Word: Shield instantly heals the target for [ 30% of Spell Power ] and reflects 30% of damage absorbed. Kiss of Death - Reduces Shadow Word: Death's cooldown by 8 sec and causes its damage to trigger Atonement. The Penitent One - Power Word: Radiance has a 50% chance to cause your next Penance to fire 3 extra bolts. Holy
      Divine Image - When you use a Holy Word spell, you have a chance to summon an image of a Naaru at your side. For 15 sec, whenever you cast a spell, the Naaru will cast a similar spell. Flash Concentration - Each time you cast Flash Heal, your next Heal cast within 15s has its casting time reduced by 0 sec and healing increased by 10%, stacking up to 3 times. Harmonious Apparatus - Circle of Healing, Holy Fire, and Prayer of Mending reduce the cooldown of Holy Word: Sanctify, Holy Word: Chastise, and Holy Word: Serenity by 4s. The Alabaster Lady - Prayer of Mending healing has a 8% chance to grant you Apotheosis for 8 sec. Shadow
      Call to the Void - Mind Flay has a chance to spawn a Void Tendril that channels Mind Flay at your target for 10 seconds, generating 3 insanity when it deals damage. Painbreaker Psalm - Shadow Word: Death consumes 6 sec of Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch, instantly dealing that damage to the target and generating 10 Insanity. Shadowflame Prism - Your Shadowfiend or Mindbender deals 20% additional damage as Shadowflame damage, and the cooldown on Shadowfiend and Mindbender is reduced by 40%. Latest Shadowlands Alpha Build 34972 News
      Changes to Combat Potions in Shadowlands New Demon Hunter Changes Announced An Update on Pelagos' Pronouns on Alpha Shaman Legendary Powers in Shadowlands