Jump to content
FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Mighty Caravan Brutosaur Will Be Unobtainable in Shadowlands

Recommended Posts

37462-brutosaur-mount-costs-5-mio-and-ha

Blizzard added a Feat of Strength achievement for the Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur in this week's Patch 8.3 build and confirmed that the mount will no longer be purchasable from vendors when Shadowlands goes live.

Until then, you will still be able to buy the mount for 5,000,000 Gold from the vendors. Lost Platysaur Lost Platysaur and Reins of the Palehide Direhorn Palehide Direhorn will still be available when the new expansion goes live from vendors, but Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur will be added to the list of possible items sold in the Black Market Auction Houses in Shadowlands.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Hello! Yes. About that …

Like all dinosaurs, the Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur Mighty Caravan Brutosaur’s days are numbered. I can confirm that when Shadowlands goes live, the shady vendors Talutu and Tricky Nick will cease selling it. Their other offerings – the Lost Platysaur Lost Platysaur pet and the Reins of the Palehide Direhorn Palehide Direhorn mount, will remain available for purchase.

We will make sure that the unforgettable Brutosaur mount is added to the lists of possible items that are sold in the Black Market Auction Houses. And of course, this new Achievement “Conspicuous Consumption” is a Feat of Strength, so as such things go, it’s not actually very conspicuous.

The Mighty Caravan Brutosaur comes with an auctioneer and a premium price of 5,000,000 Gold.

Brutosaur.jpg

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stan said:

37462-brutosaur-mount-costs-5-mio-and-ha

Blizzard added a Feat of Strength achievement for the Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur in this week's Patch 8.3 build and confirmed that the mount will no longer be purchasable from vendors when Shadowlands goes live.

Until then, you will still be able to buy the mount for 5,000,000 Gold from the vendors. Lost Platysaur Lost Platysaur and Reins of the Palehide Direhorn Palehide Direhorn will still be available when the new expansion goes live from vendors, but Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur will be added to the list of possible items sold in the Black Market Auction Houses in Shadowlands.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Hello! Yes. About that …

Like all dinosaurs, the Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur Mighty Caravan Brutosaur’s days are numbered. I can confirm that when Shadowlands goes live, the shady vendors Talutu and Tricky Nick will cease selling it. Their other offerings – the Lost Platysaur Lost Platysaur pet and the Reins of the Palehide Direhorn Palehide Direhorn mount, will remain available for purchase.

We will make sure that the unforgettable Brutosaur mount is added to the lists of possible items that are sold in the Black Market Auction Houses. And of course, this new Achievement “Conspicuous Consumption” is a Feat of Strength, so as such things go, it’s not actually very conspicuous.

The Mighty Caravan Brutosaur comes with an auctioneer and a premium price of 5,000,000 Gold.

Brutosaur.jpg

They better add that *filtered* to the store mount then. I have 100k gold. Im not paying gold worth 500€ for such a useful item.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been saving up for a long time to buy this mount ( I may or may not have enough Gold by the time BFA ends). 5 million gold isn't easy to come by.  For ppl who have this mount the ability to make gold on the AH goes up 10000% or more. Just for convenience alone its much more valuable than most mounts. This isn't like a mage tower appearance that is discontinued. I know for myself and many others if this mount is no longer obtainable by in-game means, it would be the final nail in the coffin. Blizzard can't, they just can't be this ignorant. What are they gonna do? Add it to the in-game store for $500.00 to try and justify their actions. This is madness.

Edited by Highfather
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Highfather said:

I've been saving up for a long time to buy this mount ( I may or may not have enough Gold by the time BFA ends). 5 million gold isn't easy to come by.  For ppl who have this mount the ability to make gold on the AH goes up 10000% or more. Just for convenience alone its much more valuable than most mounts. This isn't like a mage tower appearance that is discontinued. I know for myself and many others if this mount is no longer obtainable by in-game means, it would be the final nail in the coffin. Blizzard can't, they just can't be this ignorant. What are they gonna do? Add it to the in-game store for $500.00 to try and justify their actions. This is madness.

This is again exactly what it is about. Grabbing money again. Speculating that a few are stuck at 4.000.000g and have to pay 5 wow tokens asap so they dont miss out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stan said:

The 2 mio Bloodfang CocoonBloodfang Cocoon is still attainable, so this is somewhat unexpected.

This puzzled me as well. Mulled it over on the way home. 

It's normal for difficult-to-obtain mounts to become easily accessible over time. Frostbrood Vanquisher was amazing once; boring now. The giant spider is in that category too.  

But people have already said here that the Brutosaur is special because it's useful, right?  And the idea is that you have to work hard to gain that functionality. 

If they leave it where it is, that'll change. It'll become easier to obtain as expansions pass and our purses grow. And, in fairness, that'd be par for the course too. The Grand Expedition Yak isn't half as out of reach as it used to be.

But there are reasons you might want to keep it exclusive, too. One reason might be to prevent it becoming another 'water strider' mount -- which doesn't seem likely, but it's a direction to consider. Another reason might be that they're running out of NPCs to put on the three-people mounts, and would prefer an auctioneer remain the utility placed on them going forward.

Which is something else to be considered which, honestly, I haven't actually seen anyone consider yet. By putting the brutosaur on the BMAH its price is decided by the players. Which right now might make it seem like it'll inevitably be way, way, more expensive than 5 million. (is there even a maximum price limit?)

But if Shadowlands introduces another three-person mount with an auctioneer, its value will go down.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is disgusting, this would be like removing the grand expedition yak or the mammoth mount for no other reason than to try to scare people into buying wow tokens to buy this stupid thing before it's gone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like the idea, gives more exclusivity to it and also lets them pull back on mounts and maybe do a xpac exclusive mount each time. Id be for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This just doesn't feel like a decision that needs to be made. I can understand that there are some legitimate reasons for it, but it's not a great move politically. Its a decision that, either way, affects a tiny portion of the community, but it will almost never get blizz a positive response. People were crummy with blizz when they DID listen to them and removed the infinite azerite trait; there's so little goodwill to go around right now in the *vocal* sections of the community, and they have to know that. I know you shouldn't make decisions based on the most reactionary elements of your community, but this one just feels like choosing an odd hill to die on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Whisla said:

Like the idea, gives more exclusivity to it and also lets them pull back on mounts and maybe do a xpac exclusive mount each time. Id be for it. 

How can anybody be not against that decision? 

This is literally the whole debate of the whole store haters. The only reason store mounts were reasonable is that they add only cosmetic to the game. Now since this thing is obtainable by gold and wow tokens it is literally targeting real money and in my eyes this is nothing but Pay2Win. That is just not tolerable for a monthly subscription fee game. 

You cannot implement a Item with such an impact for all future expansions and then make it obtainable by only 1% of the playerbase who are auctionhouse grinders. It is the same *filtered* if you add a 1000% speed mount for Rank1 3s or other stupid *filtered* that is broken. And the auctionhouse mount is kind of broken.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they consider making it unobtainable, becuase they will add another auctioneer mount in shadowlands, that will fit thematically there, since no other functionlity on a mount could compete with the longboy anymore.

Well i hope they will... otherwise this would be really just a moneygrab scheme.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my Mighty Caravan Brutosaur the day BFA went live, bought it with my own gold, have never spent real money to buy tokens to sell in auction house and never will. Have 10 accounts and have been able to buy tokens from the auction house for game time ever since the tokens came out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncommon Patron
2 hours ago, dartbodman said:

Seems impossible to get that much gold without a real world cash injection

People who's goal in the game is to make money have no problem making that kind of gold...many have several toons maxed out. Even auctioning mats and gear drops as you play the game can make you a fair bit. I've got eleven million across my characters and I do not play the auction house...just auction what I come across as I play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its also reasonable enough to have this kind of gold if you are a high end raider, as guilds often do boost runs and you can easily be getting 100k/200k gold from each, especially in final patches where you can sell heroic mounts, and final boss mounts when the long run before a new expansion makes it trivial to do as you gear up and nerfs roll in.

I could have easily bought it before, many times. But I reckon that the 5 million gold I would "invest" can, instead, be used to buy consumables, gear and everything I need to actually play the game, basically forever. So I didn't 🙂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Seksi said:

Its also reasonable enough to have this kind of gold if you are a high end raider, as guilds often do boost runs and you can easily be getting 100k/200k gold from each, especially in final patches where you can sell heroic mounts, and final boss mounts when the long run before a new expansion makes it trivial to do as you gear up and nerfs roll in.

I could have easily bought it before, many times. But I reckon that the 5 million gold I would "invest" can, instead, be used to buy consumables, gear and everything I need to actually play the game, basically forever. So I didn't 🙂 

I can see this being feasible however if your not at that end of the spectrum (like me) you could always go out gathering/selling herbs/ore from Naj or see if you can get a decent profit from running old xpac raids like WoW or Legion.  The only downside is the time spent if you are already a busy person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Amateurpeeweeeeh said:

How can anybody be not against that decision? 

This is literally the whole debate of the whole store haters. The only reason store mounts were reasonable is that they add only cosmetic to the game. Now since this thing is obtainable by gold and wow tokens it is literally targeting real money and in my eyes this is nothing but Pay2Win. That is just not tolerable for a monthly subscription fee game. 

You cannot implement a Item with such an impact for all future expansions and then make it obtainable by only 1% of the playerbase who are auctionhouse grinders. It is the same *filtered* if you add a 1000% speed mount for Rank1 3s or other stupid *filtered* that is broken. And the auctionhouse mount is kind of broken.

It doesnt impact anything though. Its a convenience item and thats it... Nothing about it is pay too win and if you dont have it now you probably dont care that its going away. If you feel its targeting you to spend real money then thats on you. If it lets blizz do more for the game im all for it. More to work for and more exclusives for those that are paying a monthly sub and actually want something out of it. If you cant get it by farming or playing the AH then just dont get it and miss out like everyone who cant put a credit card in and spend 500$ on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Classic case of making artificial scarcity. It's rather weird they are making this mount an exception, while there are still other gold sinks available, and they aren't getting removed. Overall, they've been inconsistent with making such decisions. Like to this day the only raid mounts to be removed from glory have been plagued proto-drakes, others are still available. Not many people would get this Brutosaur anyway, but this sucks, cause it was something one could slowly work towards to. Perhaps they are going to make another mount with same features in next exp, just to create a replacement sink for it. 

Edited by Arcling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, multiboxing said:

I got my Mighty Caravan Brutosaur the day BFA went live, bought it with my own gold, have never spent real money to buy tokens to sell in auction house and never will. Have 10 accounts and have been able to buy tokens from the auction house for game time ever since the tokens came out.

You know the vast majority of the player base has just ONE account an plays just ONE character at a time, and thus makes ONE TENTH the gold you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2019 at 4:28 PM, Highfather said:

For ppl who have this mount the ability to make gold on the AH goes up 10000% or more. Just for convenience alone its much more valuable than most mounts.

10000% or more, huh?  Yeah, no.  Anyone who plays the auction house to MAKE gold even a little bit has a dedicated auction alt who sits at a mailbox near an auction house.  All this mount means is that for 5M gold you don't NEED to have a dedicated auction alt.  Which is worth ... roughly zero, now that we can have 50 toons per server.  Not least that there's often a bronto mount up in the main cities so even if you don't have one, you can often use one.

No, the ACTUAL convenience of the mount is to be able to BUY items off the AH while out in the world... mid-raid, for instance, when your best dps guildie runs out of potions.  And since you can't always mount, that isn't even a guaranteed convenience.  99% of the time when I use the bronto it's to repair, not to use the AH, which is something that much cheaper mounts can do that will still be available.

If anything, Blizzard will be costing themselves money over time since players will have much less reason to buy a significant amount of gold to buy the mount once it's no longer available.  Sure, it might get a handful of players to buy now in order to get it before it goes away but anyone who does that deserves their own fate; this mount isn't meant for them, it's meant to be a massive gold sink for players with enough gold to buy it.

In terms of what they're going to do in the future, the article clearly states that it will be added to the BMAH rotation which, in my experience, means it'll show up once or twice a year.  There's no mention of the in-game store.  So, not really madness at all once you read the article all the way to the end of the second paragraph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 4:02 AM, dartbodman said:

Seems impossible to get that much gold without a real world cash injection

Except that it's entirely possible if one spends even a token amount of time learning to make gold, people who don't have gold are only in that state because they choose to be.

Here, let me help you make 5 million gold in the next year.  Apologies that I'm going to be applying basic logic and math here, I know how people in these threads tend not to like those.

Making 5 million gold in a year means making 13.7K per day.  You can make 14K/day all kinds of ways but here's a foolproof one that just takes some time and a bit of effort.

Turn off war mode, find out which fish is selling for the most that has a reliable source (at least 50% of the casts), grab the big bobber and get to it.  I hate fishing but just for kicks I spent a whole 5 minutes fishing up Viper Fish (50g/ea) and Mauve Stingers (42g), in that 5 minutes I got 5 Vipers, 9 Mauve, 7 garbage (I'm low level fishing on that toon) and 2 Midnight Salmon (15g).  Assuming no garbage and a 50/50 split and no MS (not sure they'll actually sell these days), that's 126 of each fish per hour for 11.6K/hour (in my 5 minutes I would have made 966g) .  So, about 75 minutes of fishing per day in Naz will get you a bronto even if you do nothing else with your time.  There may be better fish options, too, I just picked the local types.

Zero risk, zero AH skill required, just 75 minutes a day required.  You could also herb/mine if you prefer although that takes about 2-3 times as long for the same return.

"Screw that, I'm not spending an hour a day fishing just to get that stupid mount."  As I said, people who don't have gold are only in that state because they choose to be.  That's about 450 hours of fishing for the mount which makes that effort worth about $1/hour, if you feel your time is worth more than that then go ahead and buy the tokens.

And for anyone reading this who has a more modest goal of, say, hitting 1M gold for the first time... well, that's a year of fishing for a piddly 15 minutes a day even if you have zero gold today.  Making gold is EASY, the only way not to is to literally do NOTHING in that pursuit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Starym
      This week's realm connections have been detailed and will go into effect during a special and very extended maintenance period, as we'll see 9 low pop realms get joined with 16 others. Check out the details below.
      Realm Connections (source)
      During a special maintenance period (currently planned for 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PDT (10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT) on Thursday, August 13), the following realm connections will be made:
      The Frostwolf and Vashj realms will join Drak’Tharon, Firetree, Malorne, Rivendare, Spirestone, and Stormscale . The Blackrock realm will join the Azjol-Nerub and Khaz Modan realms. The Garona realm will join the Icecrown and Malygos realms. The Bloodscalp, Boulderfist, Maiev, and Stonemaul realms will join the Quel’dorei and Sen’jin realms. Garrosh will join Aegwynn, Bonechewer, Daggerspine, and Hakkar. We are planning more realm connections for low-population realms, and we will post further notifications like this one in the coming weeks.
      Thank you!
    • By Stan
      The Corruption Effects Vendor resets in about 19 hours as of writing this post, bringing with it a new batch of Preserved Contaminants that can be purchased for Echoes of Ny'alotha. The upcoming rotation includes Rank 3 Twisted Appendage and Expedient.
      Did You Know?
      The Corruption system will be removed in the Shadowlands pre-patch. Blizzard pushed a hotfix to live servers that acts as a cap for Corruption. If your character has more than 200 Corruption equipped, they will die in a matter of seconds (Inescapable Consequences). List of Preserved Contaminants on Sale Through August 14th
      When will MOTHER reset in my region? Check out the countdown here!
      Ineffable Truth (Rank 1 // 12 Corruption) for 3,300 Echoes of Ny'alotha Your Spells and Abilities have a chance to show you the Ineffable Truth, increasing the rate your cooldowns recover by 30% for 10 seconds. Honed Mind (Rank 1 // 15 Corruption) for 4,125 Echoes of Ny'alotha Your spells and abilities have a chance to increase your Mastery by 392 for 10 seconds. Strikethrough (Rank 2 // 15 Corruption) for 4,125 Echoes of Ny'alotha Increases the damage and healing you deal with Critical Strikes by 3%. Masterful (Rank 2 // 15 Corruption) for 4,125 Echoes of Ny'alotha Increases the amount of Mastery you gain from all sources by 9%. Twisted Appendage (Rank 3 // 66 Corruption) for 13,200 Echoes of Ny'alotha Your attacks have a chance to spawn a tentacle which Mind Flays your target for Shadow damage every second for 10 seconds. Expedient (Rank 3 // 20 Corruption) for 5,000 Echoes of Ny'alotha Increases the amount of Haste you gain from all sources by 12%. Find out more about Corrupted Items in Visions of N'zoth and future rotations in our guide.
    • By Stan
      Sinrunner Reins is a new and probably secret mount that you can obtain in Shadowlands.
      We currently do not know what happened to good Old Blanchy after it died back in Westfall, but the mount has a Venthyr hue to it, so we speculate that its soul ended up in Revendreth for some reason.
      Sinrunner Reins teaches you Sinrunner Blanchy, so we know for sure it is the same horse we previously encoutered, but what sins did Blanchy commit remains to be seen.
      Other datamined spells and items tied to the mount and the NPC that you need to interact with to get it are:
      Blanket for Blanchy (DNT) requires Comfortable Saddle Blanket "A soft and comfortable blanket for regulating body temperature." Blanchy Horseshoes (DNT) > Requires 4 Sturdy Horseshoes "Protective footwear for horse-like creatures." Groomed Blanchy (DNT) > Requires Grooming Brush "A circular motion with the stiff bristled brush removes and soothes itches." Watered Blanchy (DNT) > Requires Bucket of Clean Water "Guaranteed to quench the greatest thirst." Apples for Blanchy (DNT) indicates that you will need three Dredhollow Apple to create Sinrunner Reins, which seems to be the final step in getting the mount.
      Based on the number of items you must acquire, we think the mount will be tied to some secret, where you must brush the horse, provide it with a blanket, clean water, and so on.
      Here's how the mount looks like in the game.

    • By Stan
      Some rumors were circulating about the removal of Herald of the Titans in Shadowlands after the level squish. Luckily, we're able to confirm the achievement is there, but the requirements were squished down too.
      If you want to get the Herald of Titans achievement in Shadowlands before the squish on live servers, you must be at level 80 and have nobody in the raid wear items higher than item level 100. With the Shadowlands level squish, you will need to defeat Algalon at level 30 wearing items no higher than item level 35.
      Herald of the Titans in Visions of N'Zoth Herald of the Titans in the Shadowlands Pre-Patch Herald of the Titans - Defeat Algalon the Observer at level 80 without anyone in the raid wearing items higher than Item Level 100. Herald of the Titans - Defeat Algalon the Observer at level 30 without anyone in the raid wearing items higher than Item Level 35.  
    • By Stan
      Niya, one of the Soulbinds available to members of the Night Fae Covenant, comes with an interesting Soulbind trait that mimics the Shadowmeld Night Elf racial.
      If you decide to join the Night Fae Covenant, you will gain access to the Soulshape Signature Ability, which increases your Movement Speed by 50% and teleports you 15 yards forward on a short cooldown.
      Niya, one of the Night Fae Soulbinds, comes with the Sylvari Mantle that conceals you when Soulshape ends until you move, so it acts pretty much like the Shadowmeld, the Night Elf racial.
      Other Soulbind traits that you can get through Niya include:
      Row 1: Stay on the Move (on the same row with Sylvari Mantle) Row 4: Niya's Tools: Burrs // Niya's Tools: Poison // Niya's Tools: Herbs Row 7: Care Package // Swift Patrol Row 8: Grove Invigoration Note that you can only pick one Soulbind trait per row.
      Here's Niya's full Soulbind Path.

       
×
×
  • Create New...