FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ClaytonMcKown

arms war dps issies

so im all most at my wits end with my dps... im pulling around 180k dps and im 565(563 equipted. From what im reading i should be pulling 220-250k dps give or take.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Jaica/simple

and here is our last 25 man logs

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ecaxorphqra38kbe/details/32/

yes i know i have a tank neck on i have yet to get a drop:(

I'll start off by saying I'm not very familiar with Arms warrior, but I notice that your stat priority is hit/exp > crit > haste > mastery. when it should be hit/exp > crit > mastery > haste. That shouldn't make a huge difference, and it won't fix all of your problems by any means, but it might help to follow the stat priority shown in the Arms Warrior section of Icy-Veins.

Dont know to much about arms, but just saying, at ur high ilvl, u should get a second weap and go for fury, as its the leading spec for warr dps.

Leading, yes, but the rotation is much more delicate. If you're willing to learn it, then Fury is indeed more single target DPS. Arms is still king for Cleave and AoE and there's plenty of that in SoO.

So i cant see your logs since im at work and am pretty much websensed on everything however just a few tips on things that may help. As said already, arms is great on aoe. On adds you should be thunderclapping and either using bladestorm or dragon road. I also try to keep up sweeping strikes as much as possible without being rage starved (iv even macro'd SS to those abilities so that if i have enough rage it will cast it before doing my big ability). Basically if you have the option to cleave then do it (shamans is a great fight to hit both targets). Also, you should be keeping up colossus smash as much as possible, esp on big burst times like when using slam. The difference between using slam with CS over no CS is huge (hundreds of thousands diff). Plus, with the set bonus you get a little rage back when you do attacks with CS up. Try using bloodbath on cd, only waiting if you are going to have a big proc or bloodlust coming up. Ill have to take a look at logs later when im home but im only at 530 ilvl with no legendary back on my arms war and usually im around 130-170 dps. Fights like Immerseus and Norushen arent great indicators for looking at dps logs.

Edited by Roided

ty for the people that responded a few thing:

first im not going to go fury.  as ceraiua said "Leading, yes, but the rotation is much more delicate" so aka if you mess up one thing it hard to recover. and if you mess up that thing you will be down 20k + dps. sorry dont like fury.

fellow Arms guy here.

Without getting into detailed logs, there were two things that helped me a ton:

1)  get a heads up cooldown timer on Colossus Smash - I use nugrunning - and then pay attention not to overlap your CS windows.  You can greatly increase CS uptime by not hitting it just because it lights up on proc.  If you have a CS running, then save it until it drops off.

2)  Pay more attention to recklessness.  Don't hit it unless you know you are gonna have some time whacking on the boss for the full duration and have a CS up.  Then CS+recklessness then spam slam.  Just spamming slam instead of continuing with regular rotation is a pretty big difference.

You may be doing both of these, but just offering what made the biggest difference for me.

Ok ill try give it a shot here without having done this in the past and this is pretty much the first time i try to "read" the logs from on fight and i cannot do it very well.I pretty much estimate the max times u could use a skill based on their cd and the fight the time lasts, i have no idea if u can see how much max times u could use a skill during an encounter.

In addition to that by seeing your armory page i noticed a weird setup.You are mainly into tank gear(gems and reforges) with a 2handed weapon, a dps belt(gems and reforges) and in the trinkets slots i see a cleave trinket and a tank trinket.I would guess that woulnt be your main dps setup.Generally ill take into account that u use any version of lfr+ Evil Eye of Galakras and Thoks Tail Grip.Those trinkets are the main trinkets you need to have to be able to do the best possible dps.Even if u have higher ilvl trinkets u should always use the combination listed above.I would suggest that u never use cleave trinkets for boss encounters in Soo.

Also i see in your armory that u dont use glyph of endless rage.It is quite important to use that glyph as an arms/fury war for raiding

I will take into judgement the 25N malkorok fight that lasted 4mins 11secs:

1)from what ive seen from your logs in that fight u casted 17 Col Smashs, whereas only from the cooldown on col smash without counting the procs from Sudden Death you could had casted at least 12.

This is a great dps loss.You should always make sure that your target is under the effects of colossus smash.As an arms warrior you will get a lof of sudden death procs(cd on col smash reseted) during the fight and you should try not to overlap one col smash over one other.Try to get an addon that monitors the duration of the debuff on your target and refresh it only when it has 1,5sec or less remaining on the target.

2) from what i see from your logs u seem to had cast 30mortal strikes during the fight, whereas u could had cast at least 40.This is a dps loss.Mortal strike critical strikes can proc enrage which increases all your dmg by 10% which is the biggest dmg buff u can get during the fight.You generally want to use MS on cd inside a CS window.

3) u used Bloodbath 3 times into the encounter whereas u could had used it 4 (supposing no EEoG)

4) u used dragon roar 3 times into the encounter whereas u could had used it 4

Try check the rotation suggested on the forum for arms wars and it will generally help you out quite a bit there

Edited by tog