FORUMS
Damien

The Typhon's Veil Set

This thread is for comments about our guide on The Typhon's Veil set for Wizards.

Guest Thud

Been looking for these pieces on a seasonal toon. No luck yet. I am totally into this set. /fingers crossed.

21 hours ago, Guest Thud said:

Been looking for these pieces on a seasonal toon. No luck yet. I am totally into this set. /fingers crossed.

This set is only available in the next season's patch, currently on ptr. 

This set is a massive fail. Don't bother with this until Blizzard fixes this.

1. In terms of survivability, this set is way, WAY behind LoD hydra build. They do claim they fixed the ICD of the hydra head death, but I still experience instakill in more than one occasion. That just does not happen with LoD build. 

2. DMG output is also pitiful. LoD build does not depend on hydra head - like this set does. And This set bonus kills the hydra head for getting hit, which is an inevitability. Thus the dmg reduction AND dmg output both fluctuate at various phase of the game. 

This set is less than flat. This set looks like a halfway done abortion, and that would be a very generous assessment. 

I don't know why they wasted their time with a hydra set, since we can already play with hydras with other sets. I was really hoping for Mirror Image build...