Mazuman

Just starting out with MW

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Just starting out with Mistweaving again.  My problem is every time I get to a dungeon, I can't seem to keep up healing, if I try to jab too.  Should I just be focusing on my one heal until I get better gear?  Even in lvl 15 dungeons, people die, or I get kicked out for not being able to keep health up.

If you're in the leveling phase I'd shy away from eminence healing if people keep dipping. If you get a good group that doesn't take a lot of unnecessary damage, then start working the Eminence in. 

For safety, stick to the basic heals. When safe, do some deeeps.

I recommend to only use Fistweaving when you reach level 20 or 34 since you will get spell_arcane_mindmastery.jpgMuscle Memory on level 20, and passive_monk_teachingsofmonastery.jpgTeachings of the Monastery on level 34. These 2 skills are the core of fistweaving.

It also depends how good the tank is.

If the tank self-heals (Paladin, Monk and Death Knights), you can Fistweave

If the tank needs healing (Druids and Warriors), you should Mistweave.

Remember to tell your tank to pull less mobs if you are struggling.

Dungeons on lower levels should be easy since the tank SHOULD be the only one taking damage (no aoe abilities yet). You can spam ability_monk_soothingmists.jpgSoothing Mist

I guess cause I'm so use to it, I always fistweave when leveling..  I usually out DPS everyone except maybe the tank. 

Fistweaving is more than enough to keep people alive and you should keep using ReM so that you can do other heals just in case when you need to switch.

Thanks all for the replies, going to try again today.   I am doing this without Hierlooms, so that might have something to do with it too.