FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
calil

Addon suggestion that makes my Mage bomb get a sound warning 3s before it wears off.

The tittle say it all.

I need an addon that makes a sound 3s before my mage bomb explodes/wear off.

I tried schorchio2 but it is kinda bugged, sometimes it play the sound, and almost all the time it does not warn at all.

I am trying tellmewhen and weak auras.

But both of them don't have the option to set up this 3s advanced sound warning.

Any help is appreciated.

Tellmewhen can do it with an Event Handler, I use it for my Invocation.

Can you guide me trough the set up process?

Thanks.

Tellmewhen can do it with an Event Handler, I use it for my Invocation.

It works for invocation and stuff like that.

But I do not think or know if tmw can handle multitargeting debuff :(

It works for invocation and stuff like that.

But I do not think or know if tmw can handle multitargeting debuff sad.png

Eh. As far as I know TMW only handles the currently targeted object. What you could do is use either a set of boss frames, or an addon like TidyPlates, and then just make it very very visible. I am not sure if they handle audio warnings though, I don't use them at all so I have no experience with that.

If you know your way around lua, the easiest way of doing it is just take mage bomb tracker or something of the sorts (I've mentioned this one because it's the simplest one).

Go to MBTrackerUpdate (in MageBombTracker.lua), find the condition when the bar changes color due to less than 2 seconds remaining, and add a hardcoded PlaySoundFile call right after SetStatusBarColor.

Not as clean as adding an option with a dropdown menu, but should work just fine and requires adding exactly one line of code (can't get any shorter than that).

If you know your way around lua, the easiest way of doing it is just take mage bomb tracker or something of the sorts (I've mentioned this one because it's the simplest one).

Go to MBTrackerUpdate (in MageBombTracker.lua), find the condition when the bar changes color due to less than 2 seconds remaining, and add a hardcoded PlaySoundFile call right after SetStatusBarColor.

Not as clean as adding an option with a dropdown menu, but should work just fine and requires adding exactly one line of code (can't get any shorter than that).

I suppose this should work. Do keep in mind however that if you make audio calls for multi dotting situations you will hear multiple sounds in quick succession, without actually knowing which sound corresponds with which DoT. If you are going to have to monitor the frames anyway then I still maintain that the easiest way to multidot is to create frames or plates you can track easily.

Also consider that in a multidot situation you will want to snapshot your procs, all the more reason to create something you are comfortable with.

Is there any particular reason why you want to configure audio calls? We might be able to help thinking of alternatives.

I 100% agree with kver, and that's why I never done these changes myself (even though I changed that addon quite a lot).

You really want to reconsider about this specific type of feedback.

I use Weakauras.

Just create a new Icon or Text Trigger to check when your Mage bomb gets to 3 seconds, then on the "Actions" Tab, select the "Play Sound" tickbox and select your sound.

WeakAuras is pretty easy.  I'll set one up after raid if you're still looking for one.

The main thing to do is go Debuff --> Remaining -->  <3 sec

Edited by Hybrys
  • Like 1

Here you go.  You can change the sound by going into the WA, going to Actions, and changing the dialog under Play Sound - Sound.

This is a WA2 2.0.5 string.  You can add it by opening /wa, hitting Import, and copying the string into the dialog available.

d4ZPfaGArH60c2fHkBJu5XOOzcG5sQA2aDyuDtrvNNK62k65eTtcSxQDdA)kP(Pc5VI43cnorPHQagmGA4I0bjOtjkKJHeNtjzHkXsbKfJKwoIhsO0tvTmf06uGAyOWuvQjtIPl5Iif5QIcUm01LQnIu6ZszZO02fv(oP0xju10qQMNcLrQq1ZiKrtkgpjXjbOBrs6AIIUhsHVPa51ekgfsrTP4TFWhqyHewotupGmJqPEzkccMm5nmbILgKu4mfLLV0FO4yiUm9N(k(kE7RYiwwjwMwv1jkldkmeXitkdPpiDu0zwvPt3x9iwwjwMwvPRBywDRYYqNogzUAOo6Mvv609lsO1qI3(rTWrqq1EXVddLFXjnS8vqQDw2T6u0FCHaLN2maGpKprP3wafFbyPbjRbEJZuuwU8j4Cuks4vK4pgn8j40xKFxIaHtV4YxdgAAktRogmONLXGOSkRikmOZGHzvLUoFWixXBFsee92F2bRG3UC5YNGTqeUvNI(bMrOFqXppVHRbEjoP6ReKzChYSc5qV4Z7v0u95kkHkeHCWKIeAnKi92cO4TFrcTgs82VuNI(8oH7l7uXCiSENLnOIFIyf(DY3cbA7h1chbbv7fFmhcl)XroyPXx2PI5qynabzdQ4)bOjaaWxbP2zz3Qtr)XfcuEAZaa(DyO8loPHLpbNJsrcVIe)XOHpKprP3wafFac5cW2AGxItQU8j40xKFxIaHtV4YVdlsO1qI3UCzbd92ViHwdjE7tWPViFco5bya2sIPiHxrI)y0WVddLFXjnS8j4KhGbyZxKVcsTZYUvNI(JleO80Mba87smHGtEagGnV43Hyoew(8Ef9LPiiOa(eTakugUIEwFmhclFXgJGkrTW1apaj2iOuUgyA(Piiyg5d5tu6Tl)Uet6Wq5f)UetKPiiOa(e9IFPof9LfV6sFzNkMdH17SSbv8teRWVt(wiqBFcohLIeEfj(JrdFzNkMdH1aeKnOI)hGMaaa)Ow4iiOAV43Liq40lU87WIeAnK4TVmfbbfWNOfqHYWv0Z6YLlFTbLsJPnZvIejAidDzZMDLOvzo0SQsxNpSp3KqRHePfiYNZScrO0BFzXjL3(kXKgyuRP63aJAt4mRqe6l1e163aJAtyj8j6lEKlgHDcxo488gUg4L4KQVsmrg7qfV4lJDOIpGWcjSCMOEHkkJGs9Ih5IryNWL6ZJkbU(h7qfP(LOkbytibH8h7qfXntf5lJDOsctnCieb9ZZLfsC5ZgGbPgV9vIjnWOwt1Vbg1MWzwHi0xtqb9BGrTjSe(e9fpYfJWoHlhCEEdxd8sCs1LlFLGmfKRgqMrOpGWcjSCMOEazgHs9cPgadL6K88gMKpiLbqCHti8g6YN7TVaS0GK1aVXzkklFaHfsy5mr9aYmcL6LPiiyYK3WeiwAqsHZuuwU8ZzbuOtHHlBa

Edited by Hybrys

Here you go.  You can change the sound by going into the WA, going to Actions, and changing the dialog under Play Sound - Sound.

This is a WA2 2.0.5 string.  You can add it by opening /wa, hitting Import, and copying the string into the dialog available.

d4ZPfaGArH60c2fHkBJu5XOOzcG5sQA2aDyuDtrvNNK62k65eTtcSxQDdA)kP(Pc5VI43cnorPHQagmGA4I0bjOtjkKJHeNtjzHkXsbKfJKwoIhsO0tvTmf06uGAyOWuvQjtIPl5Iif5QIcUm01LQnIu6ZszZO02fv(oP0xju10qQMNcLrQq1ZiKrtkgpjXjbOBrs6AIIUhsHVPa51ekgfsrTP4TFWhqyHewotupGmJqPEzkccMm5nmbILgKu4mfLLV0FO4yiUm9N(k(kE7RYiwwjwMwv1jkldkmeXitkdPpiDu0zwvPt3x9iwwjwMwvPRBywDRYYqNogzUAOo6Mvv609lsO1qI3(rTWrqq1EXVddLFXjnS8vqQDw2T6u0FCHaLN2maGpKprP3wafFbyPbjRbEJZuuwU8j4Cuks4vK4pgn8j40xKFxIaHtV4YxdgAAktRogmONLXGOSkRikmOZGHzvLUoFWixXBFsee92F2bRG3UC5YNGTqeUvNI(bMrOFqXppVHRbEjoP6ReKzChYSc5qV4Z7v0u95kkHkeHCWKIeAnKi92cO4TFrcTgs82VuNI(8oH7l7uXCiSENLnOIFIyf(DY3cbA7h1chbbv7fFmhcl)XroyPXx2PI5qynabzdQ4)bOjaaWxbP2zz3Qtr)XfcuEAZaa(DyO8loPHLpbNJsrcVIe)XOHpKprP3wafFac5cW2AGxItQU8j40xKFxIaHtV4YVdlsO1qI3UCzbd92ViHwdjE7tWPViFco5bya2sIPiHxrI)y0WVddLFXjnS8j4KhGbyZxKVcsTZYUvNI(JleO80Mba87smHGtEagGnV43Hyoew(8Ef9LPiiOa(eTakugUIEwFmhclFXgJGkrTW1apaj2iOuUgyA(Piiyg5d5tu6Tl)Uet6Wq5f)UetKPiiOa(e9IFPof9LfV6sFzNkMdH17SSbv8teRWVt(wiqBFcohLIeEfj(JrdFzNkMdH1aeKnOI)hGMaaa)Ow4iiOAV43Liq40lU87WIeAnK4TVmfbbfWNOfqHYWv0Z6YLlFTbLsJPnZvIejAidDzZMDLOvzo0SQsxNpSp3KqRHePfiYNZScrO0BFzXjL3(kXKgyuRP63aJAt4mRqe6l1e163aJAtyj8j6lEKlgHDcxo488gUg4L4KQVsmrg7qfV4lJDOIpGWcjSCMOEHkkJGs9Ih5IryNWL6ZJkbU(h7qfP(LOkbytibH8h7qfXntf5lJDOsctnCieb9ZZLfsC5ZgGbPgV9vIjnWOwt1Vbg1MWzwHi0xtqb9BGrTjSe(e9fpYfJWoHlhCEEdxd8sCs1LlFLGmfKRgqMrOpGWcjSCMOEazgHs9cPgadL6K88gMKpiLbqCHti8g6YN7TVaS0GK1aVXzkklFaHfsy5mr9aYmcL6LPiiyYK3WeiwAqsHZuuwU8ZzbuOtHHlBa

This is whit I need but with the multitargeting features too....

Why do you need Multi-Targetting?  I mean, as long as you're putting them all up, then switching back to target one before it hits 3 sec, it'll ring which means you have to reapply to each target in the same order.

Either way, it's not possible with WAs.  At best, it could do two targets with a /focus.  I'll look into TellMeWhen, but I also doubt it.  It's hard for any addon to maintain track of multiple targets and their debuff timers.

This is whit I need but with the multitargeting features too....

PlaySoundFile("[insert audio path]", "SFX")

Add this is after line 831 in MageBombTracker\MageBombTracker.lua. Haven't tested it but should work fine, just insert the audio path yourself and make sure that 'SFX' sounds are enabled in the options menu.

Why do you need Multi-Targetting?  I mean, as long as you're putting them all up, then switching back to target one before it hits 3 sec, it'll ring which means you have to reapply to each target in the same order.

Either way, it's not possible with WAs.  At best, it could do two targets with a /focus.  I'll look into TellMeWhen, but I also doubt it.  It's hard for any addon to maintain track of multiple targets and their debuff timers.

Schorcio2 has this feature, but do not work all the time...

It has a multitargeting debuff tracker, let me set up a sound warning 3s before it wears off, the only problem is that it does not work all the time :P

Just to be as much as possible close to reallity.

You have a point, there is no need to be a warning for all targets.

Only the main one will let me know that the other are wearing off or going to wear off.

PlaySoundFile("[insert audio path]", "SFX")

Add this is after line 831 in MageBombTracker\MageBombTracker.lua. Haven't tested it but should work fine, just insert the audio path yourself and make sure that 'SFX' sounds are enabled in the options menu.

I will try it in few minutes.

It should be right after:

_G["MBTrack"..i.."Bar"]:SetStatusBarColor(unpack(mbtrackersettingstable["barcolorwarning"]))
which is on line 830 in the original MageBombTracker 1.0.12.

Right after 831 means that the sound will play when the dot runs out. Good as well, just a little different.

Edited by lynx

It should be right after:

_G["MBTrack"..i.."Bar"]:SetStatusBarColor(unpack(mbtrackersettingstable["barcolorwarning"]))
which is on line 830 in the original MageBombTracker 1.0.12.

Right after 831 means that the sound will play when the dot runs out. Good as well, just a little different.

That is line 831 in the MageBombTracker version I just downloaded :o that is odd, but yes, that is the correct line. Just CTRL+F for that.

That is line 831 in the MageBombTracker version I just downloaded ohmy.png that is odd, but yes, that is the correct line. Just CTRL+F for that.

What this lua insertion will do?

Play a sound when the bomb has 2 seconds left (2 is the default, can be changed), like you asked, just replace [insert audio path] with actual path to audio file.

Edited by lynx

Play a sound when the bomb has 2 seconds left (2 is the default, can be changed), like you asked, just replace [insert audio path] with actual path to audio file.

Where do I change to the delay be 3s?

Should be in the addon options, I just don't have it in front of my eyes now, so can't remember exactly.