FORUMS

Guest Anony Mouse
On 7/15/2020 at 6:20 PM, Guest JayD said:

Thank you! Saved me a headache. Worked on the first try.

And yet, I've played nearly 100 games with this deck and still haven't been able to beat Lady Vashj.  No matter what I do, it has a counter.  And, worse, most of the time my hand is full of spells I just can't use either because I don't have a minion on the board or because I don't have enough mana.  As far as I'm concerned, this deck sucks.

11 minutes ago, Guest Anony Mouse said:

And yet, I've played nearly 100 games with this deck and still haven't been able to beat Lady Vashj.  No matter what I do, it has a counter.  And, worse, most of the time my hand is full of spells I just can't use either because I don't have a minion on the board or because I don't have enough mana.  As far as I'm concerned, this deck sucks.

The main problem with Hearthstone decks + solo adventures is that, on the hardest bosses, success depends on you getting the right card order AND the opponent getting the wrong card order. So in this case you need minions first and a bit of removal, then spells to buff those minions, all while hoping Vashj does not get her good removal or best tempo minions.

All comes down to luck, really.

• Like 1

Guest TimTim

After struggling mightily to beat Lady Vashj with a Resurrect Priest deck with no success, I stumbled onto this article and found that I had 28 of the 30 cards so I decided to give it a try (added a Psychopomp and an additional Invoke).

Long story short, won on the first try!  Following the strategy text, I just focused on taking out her minions until I eventually got a board presence.  Also, I made sure not to take out the 0-3 that draws cards (I believe there was another draw-er in there too later on), and eventually won by fatigue.

Thanks Kat!

On 8/10/2020 at 10:23 PM, Guest TimTim said:

After struggling mightily to beat Lady Vashj with a Resurrect Priest deck with no success, I stumbled onto this article and found that I had 28 of the 30 cards so I decided to give it a try (added a Psychopomp and an additional Invoke).

Long story short, won on the first try!  Following the strategy text, I just focused on taking out her minions until I eventually got a board presence.  Also, I made sure not to take out the 0-3 that draws cards (I believe there was another draw-er in there too later on), and eventually won by fatigue.

Thanks Kat!

Glad to hear it! And you're very welcome!

Guest EZpeezee

I modified by removing some of the buffs card and added more removal spells and minions.  This deck worked

### Lady vashj Priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (0) Forbidden Words
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Penance
# 1x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 2x (3) Gift of Luminance
# 1x (3) Shadow Madness
# 2x (4) Brittlebone Destroyer
# 2x (4) Grave Rune
# 2x (4) Holy Nova
# 2x (5) Convincing Infiltrator
# 2x (5) Sandhoof Waterbearer
# 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
# 2x (5) Time Rip
# 2x (6) Aeon Reaver
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Unspeakable

AAECAZ/HAgTcAZibA5u6A8jAAw3JBtMK1wqClAPRpQOZqQPZrAP+rgPNrwOZtgOTugOnywPWzgMA

# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Guest Gergopapi

Yep. This deck indeed sucks. Holy nova against only 10/10 minions? Bet this man doesn’t even know what hearthstone is. He puts 5 mana minions as lowest while opponent swarms the board with 2 mana 7/7s. Give this man a dislike!

If anyone else is like me and trying to complete these challenges after Barrens was released, here is a deck I was able to use to beat her on the first try (granted lots of losses while trying to figure out what needed to be included). Big Game Hunter is a really great card for this deck imo. Follow same general strategy as described (control board until late game and wear her down on fatigue). In my win, she got me down really low early on but I ended the game at full health with a buffed up Reliquary Prime. Try not to worry about her little 3 attack minions early on. Just keep healing yourself until she plays a couple more minions and you can eventually kill those with a Hysteria. I suggest waiting until late game to play the Raise Dead so you have chance at getting a dragon or Reliquary Prime but even if you get one of your battlecry control cards it is super helpful.

### challenge
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 1x (0) Raise Dead 
# 1x (1) Flash Heal
# 1x (1) Holy Smite
# 1x (1) Reliquary of Souls
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Devouring Plague
# 2x (3) Hysteria
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 2x (4) Big Game Hunter
# 2x (4) Holy Nova
# 2x (4) Shadow Word: Ruin
# 2x (6) Lightshower Elemental
# 1x (6) Taurajo Brave
# 1x (8) Natalie Seline
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
# 1x (10) Deathwing the Destroyer

AAECAZ/HAgjOvgPXzgPW6AOwigS4igSFnwTxnwTLoAQLk7oDr7oD1s4D4t4D+OMDmusDm+sDhJ8EwZ8E8J8ElKAEAA==

# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Guest Bling

I was lacking some of the cards, so I messed around with it, somehow managed to survivor to turn 9, threw down ysera, as my second minion, and with my only raise dead, I got ysera and brittlebone destroyer back on hand. Value!!!

### lady *filtered*
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 1x (0) Raise Dead 
# 1x (1) Flash Heal
# 1x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (2) Renew
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 2x (4) Big Game Hunter
# 2x (4) Holy Nova
# 2x (4) Power Infusion
# 2x (4) Shadow Word: Ruin
# 2x (5) Psyche Split
# 1x (6) Lightshower Elemental
# 1x (8) Natalie Seline
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
# 1x (9) Ysera the Dreamer
# 1x (10) Deathwing the Destroyer

AAECAZ/HAgjXzgOa6wOwigS0igS4igSFnwTxnwTLoAQLk7oDlroDr7oD1s4DlugDm+sDhJ8Ev58EwZ8E8J8ElKAEAA==

Guest Guest David

After many tries i found a deck that i won with. I dont have many fancy cards so its rather cheap. Save the Amulet of Undying, you can still trade them along the way, just dont play em. In the end of the game you will only have these left. Trade em for each other so they resurecct as many minions as possible before you draw your last card. Then you can play one at the time and just heal yourself. Your minions along with fatigue will cause Vashj to die.

Till then, focus on healing, discovering spells and removal with Hysteria, Shadow Word: Death / Ruin and if possible try to draw Spirit Guide with Insight so it only cost 3. THen use Palm Reading to reduce the cost.

Here is the deck i played with:

# Vashj Deck
# Year of the Gryphon
# 2x (0) Desperate Prayer
# 1x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Pandaren Importer
# 1x (2) Shadowcloth Needle
# 2x (3) Amulet of Undying
# 2x (3) Death's Head Cultist
# 1x (3) Gift of Luminance
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 2x (4) Hysteria
# 1x (4) Shadow Word: Ruin
# 2x (5) Spirit Guide
# 2x (6) Undying Disciple

# To use this deck, copy string below to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

AAECAa0GBKfLA/TxA4WfBPCfBA2TugPi3gP73wP44wOW6AOY6gOZ6wOb6wPJ+QOMgQTBnwSFowSIowQA

Best regards David.