FORUMS
Damien

Demon Hunter Marauder Support with GoD

Guest IZO

I don’t have a decently rolled flavor of time, but I do have a hellfire amulet that grants the tactical advantage passive for free that I am thinking of using for this build. I know hot pursuit is the recommended 5th passive, but are there any other synergistic passives apart from hot pursuit? Just curious.

Are we using bolos bonus skills rolled. into our armor and weapons or are we using  entangle or strafe idk which one to use 

On 6/30/2020 at 4:48 AM, Damien said:

This thread is for comments about our GoD Marauder Support Demon Hunter build.

Which bonus stat are we using with the support DH ?

Guest IZO
On 7/6/2020 at 10:39 PM, Minnie said:

Are we using bolos bonus skills rolled. into our armor and weapons or are we using  entangle or strafe idk which one to use 

None of them. As a support character, you don’t need bonus damage on your gear.

On 7/7/2020 at 4:59 AM, Guest IZO said:

I don’t have a decently rolled flavor of time, but I do have a hellfire amulet that grants the tactical advantage passive for free that I am thinking of using for this build. I know hot pursuit is the recommended 5th passive, but are there any other synergistic passives apart from hot pursuit? Just curious.

Even if your FoT isn't decently rolled, use it. The effect is so incredibly powerful, especially in paragon speeds, where you can potentially spend the whole rift with a pylon effect due to clear times.

Guest Vivizimo

What are our breakpoints for Attack Speed/CDR/Resource reduction?

Should I be rolling intellect gems for Caldesann's Despair (Kanai cube augment) for Resistance to All or just go Dex?

-Thank you

On 7/13/2020 at 5:10 AM, Guest Vivizimo said:

What are our breakpoints for Attack Speed/CDR/Resource reduction?

Should I be rolling intellect gems for Caldesann's Despair (Kanai cube augment) for Resistance to All or just go Dex?

-Thank you

Hey there! The build does not hinge on specific breakpoints, and simply goes for utility stat stacking. That does mean you will ideally have >50% CDR for the ~75% uptime of the Wolf Companion damage buff, as well as RCR on any piece that is able to roll it (meaning Shoulders, Neck, Hands, Main Hand, Off-hand, at least 1 Ring, and of course - your Paragons). Attack Speed should not be a concern.

Go for All Resistance augmentations with Intelligence gems across gear.

• Thanks 1

I am trying to figure out why we use strongarm bracers. In the guide it states the knockback from entangling shot activates strong arm bracers, does it mean from the bolas explosion? And does that count for elites+rift guardians?

-Thank you in advance if anyone answers!
(PS I am having a PURE UNADULTERATED BLAST with this build)

Guest Downshift
On 7/10/2020 at 2:58 AM, Blainie said:

Even if your FoT isn't decently rolled, use it. The effect is so incredibly powerful, especially in paragon speeds, where you can potentially spend the whole rift with a pylon effect due to clear times.

I don't use FoT for this build. Power, channeling and conduit are all useless. Speed is okay, but not necessary. 

I use hellfire ammy with a useful passive.

On 7/16/2020 at 8:37 AM, Vivizimo said:

I am trying to figure out why we use strongarm bracers. In the guide it states the knockback from entangling shot activates strong arm bracers, does it mean from the bolas explosion? And does that count for elites+rift guardians?

Hey, it's a typo actually (the correction will be up on the site shortly)! And you are right, it's the Bolas pull from the Leonine bow that triggers the Strongarms. While it will not work on CC immune targets like Juggernaut elites and RGs, it's still very much worth to include for the remainder of the rift.

• Like 1

Guest Risen

Do Marked for Death - Death Toll works as heal for party members? If yes is it worth enough to replace multishot - windchill?

On 8/2/2020 at 1:44 PM, Guest Risen said:

Do Marked for Death - Death Toll works as heal for party members? If yes is it worth enough to replace multishot - windchill?

Marked for Death rune effects apply to allies, but with the DH Support orientation towards speedfarming, Windchill provides a wider spread and more valuable effect (note the synergy with the passive Numbing Traps). Perhaps at some point in the future devs will consider revising/reverting the effect of the 1h crossbow Calamity, which will allow Marked for Death a (free) way back into the support build.

Guest el_crispo

Thanks for this nice guide!

I was wondering if, through the high atk speed from EF and Strafe, I could drop the pull-bolas in Season 22 and use an Ess of Johan instead of the RoRG, while dropping Leorics and using Frostburns in the cube (EF as a weapon and Frosties as flex)... I figured that I could have CDR on so many pieces that the double bonus from Leorics would probably not weigh in as heavily (59,7% vs. 64,8%).

Gear would look like this:
2M4GoD, Zoey's, Strongarms (Nems), EoJ (Flavor), Oculus & Elusive, Duffel, Odysseys (EF), (Frostburn)

Entangling Shot [Heavy Burden]
Strafe [Drifting Shadow]
Marked for Death [Contagion]
Smoke Screen [Displacement]
Multishot [Wind Chill]
Companion [whatever rune]

This would allow for a much more relaxed playstyle. it's a little more gear-dependent on the CDR front, but the choice between two amulets for the cube might even this out.

Guest Deadhead09

Playing a DH in S25. Have made good progress with Shadow Impale. Now trying to set up a support build. This guide was a helpful starting point but I have a couple comments and a question. First - does Leoric’s Crown work with Soul Shards? I was under the impression that it doesn’t; if I’m right then pretty much any Helm would be better. I wear the GoD set Helm, drop RoRG from cube, and stick FoT in cube so I can wear Hellfire Amulet.

Second - I’m not using Anguish (other player is using and AFAIK the bonus doesn’t stack). Please correct me if I’m wrong, I have a good Rank 3 Anguish that I can switch to.  I think Stain of Sin with the extra progress orb affix would be the best option for weapon Shard. It seems like an excellent item for a support (especially since I’m doing 2-person group with an AoE build - really helps vs elites).

Problem is I can’t get Stain of Sin to roll the extra rift orb affix. I have leveled 12 Stains to Rank 3; all rolled the negate affixes or pool collects orbs abilities. 

If this is just bad RNG, it’s pretty atrocious - assuming equal chance for each Rank 3 roll, 0/12 is less than 0.8%. 

Are others experiencing issues with upgrading this shard? Could it have been affected by the recent hotfix (which as I understand targeted a DH exploit with GoD builds using Stain)? 

You are correct about Soul Shards; in a situation like the one in Season 25, it's better to use the GoD Set Helm (as you do), and fit another synergistic legendary in the build. The extra Hellfire Amulet that you use is a decent option, another one would be to fit Aquila Cuirass in the build.

For the weapon socket, if another support is already running Essence of Anguish, their bonuses indeed do not stack. Two very decent options are Remnant of Pain with the increased Attack Speed to party members, or Stain of Sin with the extra progress orb as you pointed out. 

Sorry about the bad Stain of Sin RNG! 😞 If it had anything to do with the hotfix, I have not heard of it. Hopefully you haven't sunk your resources into something that is completely off the RNG table.

Guest FentonGuest

Im trying to under stand why this build is top tier? It literally does no damage at all...

I find Aquila, Crimson Set, Yangs, Nems, 3 piece gods boots arms shoulders mara is wasted with whats gained. Giving 230%+ dmg, 35 or so damage reduciton, and breeze into the high 100's without the paragon stones much passed 25 of even there. Still don't have the best gear, but did a 140 today for the first time, on my dh Deepvalue went from 130/135/137/140 never dipped below 50% health, granted bit geared but no gifts on gear, and 2k paragon  couple months of absence and despite my rust was doin great. This is for Zdps build 

Edited by Golgren