FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Runecarving guide

Guest EmperorOfGrammar

This portion of the post:

• You can only wear one Legendary Armor piece at a time. This cap will likely increase throughout the Shadowlands expansion, allowing you to wear more than a single peace at once.

Contains an incorrect usage of the word 'peace' and should be replaced with 'piece' at once.

4 minutes ago, Guest EmperorOfGrammar said:

This portion of the post:

• You can only wear one Legendary Armor piece at a time. This cap will likely increase throughout the Shadowlands expansion, allowing you to wear more than a single peace at once.

Contains an incorrect usage of the word 'peace' and should be replaced with 'piece' at once.

Fixed, thank you !

I'm not clear on what the cost is to upgrade a legendary. For example if I make a rank 1 legendary for 1250 Soul Ash, will the upgrade cost 2000 or 750 Soul Ash? Maybe this could be added to the guide.

Guest AddIt
12 hours ago, less said:

I'm not clear on what the cost is to upgrade a legendary. For example if I make a rank 1 legendary for 1250 Soul Ash, will the upgrade cost 2000 or 750 Soul Ash? Maybe this could be added to the guide.

Add upgrade costs to guide ASAP.

17 hours ago, Guest AddIt said:

Add upgrade costs to guide ASAP.

On 12/20/2020 at 5:11 AM, less said:

It's been added, thanks for the feedback!

Guest guest

Additional Soul Ash from Torghast, based on the rank of your current item and the upgrade. Upgrading from a lower rank will give you a discount on the upgrade, but will still cost the same amount of Soul Ash. For example, if you are upgrading from Rank 3 to 4, you already spent 2,000 Soul Ash crafting the Rank 3 Legendary, so the upgrade will only cost 1,950 Soul Ash.

Should 2000 soul ash be 3200?

14 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Additional Soul Ash from Torghast, based on the rank of your current item and the upgrade. Upgrading from a lower rank will give you a discount on the upgrade, but will still cost the same amount of Soul Ash. For example, if you are upgrading from Rank 3 to 4, you already spent 2,000 Soul Ash crafting the Rank 3 Legendary, so the upgrade will only cost 1,950 Soul Ash.

Should 2000 soul ash be 3200?

You are right fixing!

Guest Marion Spelwigger
On 12/17/2020 at 6:12 PM, Tholador said:

Can you jump from level 2 to level 4 if you have the base material and the soul ash needed for level 4?

I rly wanna know this too!

Im about to buy my "Boneshatter Pauldrons" at AH. Can i go straight and buy the one with 225ilvl or do i have to buy the lower one at 190ilvl??

Guest Upgrade Observation

This wasn't clear to me from the guide, so I was surprised to find that it worked this way: 

Pants seem to be the supreme choice for druids. I made Ursoc's Fury first (190) for Torghast tanking, but I tend to heal more in our Mythic runs. When it came time to upgrade Ursoc's Fury, I found that I could actually just make 210 Memory of the Mother Tree pants. Both are wearable and in my inventory. I assume I'll be able to do the same with Balance of All Things for the next rank, then have 3 situational pants.

Guest Terofire

I would double-check the part about a socket being removed when an item's upgraded.  That doesn't appear to be the case anymore, if it ever was.

Guest Amanzaman

Is it possible to change the legendary power when upgrading or I have to start from scratch to get the item with different power?

On 1/24/2021 at 8:51 AM, Guest Amanzaman said:

Is it possible to change the legendary power when upgrading or I have to start from scratch to get the item with different power?

No, you can't change legendary powers on crafted items, you must craft a new one.

Guest Eiki

Hi all, the current patch is 9.1, date 16th July 2021. I try to craft a legendary on my hunter, I have all the regents: Umbrahide Helm, Two missives, Soul Ash and a legendary power. The runecarver won't let me craft it. It does not recognize I have the helm in my bag.

3 hours ago, Guest Eiki said:

Hi all, the current patch is 9.1, date 16th July 2021. I try to craft a legendary on my hunter, I have all the regents: Umbrahide Helm, Two missives, Soul Ash and a legendary power. The runecarver won't let me craft it. It does not recognize I have the helm in my bag.

Umbrahide Helm is the leather helm, Hunters use mail (Boneshatter) that might be it? 😄

Guest Quincykun

Is it true in 9.1 if you upgrade a rank 4 legendary to say a rank 6 you won't get the new socket added on pre 9.1 legendaries?

Guest Fourth

The sockets on that were supposed to appear on all legendary items in 91. did not happen.

I have yet to find any guides that explain things in term that someone who does not already understand them can follow if anyone knows of one I'd be very grateful if they would provide a link

I am aware you can do a number of things to improve any legendary item

can these only be done whilst it is being crafted?

what are all these things?

sockets, vestige of origins, anything else and how do we get them added?

Where can we find all this stuff out in the most simple terms possible

Most of us don't need endless tables of information that include a lot and tell us little.. just a simple guide

Do A B and then C etc ....and then you will have the best legendary piece you can get

would be really appreciated

I realise this is a little late, but as they say, better late than never. To create a legendary item:

1. Unlock the Runecarver in Torghast by completing the entry quests to Shadowlands, up to and including the part where he asks you to recover a memory. If you are a crafter, this will also unlock the ability to craft legendaries.
  2. Use the Icy Veins class guides to find the Best legendary or legendaries to craft for your play-style e.g. raiding/M+/open world/PvP and covenant choice.
  3. Obtain the Memory to craft that legendary e.g. specific dungeon/world boss etc and learn it in the Runecarver's chamber by clicking on it
  4. Obtain a base item as recommended by the guide, from a crafter or the Auction House. If you are low-geared, then start with the best you can afford in the rank 1 to 4 range (i190 to item level 235). If you are high geared, or friends/guildies will boost you through Torghast, then buy a rank 5 (i249) or rank 6 base item for the appropriate slot. For  example, a Night Fae Frost Mage might want to get the Grisly Icicle legendary, and this is best crafted (as of 9.1) on a Shadowghast Neck.
  5. Run Torghast Tower of the Damned at the highest level you can to collect the Soul Ash/Soul Cinders currency required: 
    image.thumb.png.59fbd467b0c8821350cca055176d29ea.png
  6. Ask a scribe to craft two Missives for your two best secondary stats out of Crit, haste, mastery and versatility (or buy them from the auction house e.g. Missive of Haste.
  7. Take the base item, memory (if not already learnt - note they are shared across all chars on your account) and missives to the Runecarver
  8. Talk to him to craft the legendary.

Note that you can buy and craft a low level item and then upgrade it.