Fatbearirl

Combustion Questions

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

Hey all, I have a couple of quick questions about Combustion.

If I have 10 stacks of Stolen Time with the 4 piece set bonus from T13, am I better off waiting for the full Ignite + Pyro + Living Bomb Combustion? Or is it more effective to pop a decent Combustion now so that you can get it off its CD faster.

e.g. I have 10 stacks of Stolen Time... boss is affected by a full Ignite off a Firebolt as well as a full Living Bomb... should I wait for a Hot Streak? I could lose some damage as my Ignite/LB tick... Or should I just pop Combustion now and get off a decent DoT now so that I can use it again sooner.

Another question: should I be refreshing Living Bomb right before I use Combustion? Or is the loss in DPS from wasting a GCD as well as from refreshing Living Bomb early not worth the small bump in the Combustion DPS?

It all really depends on the encounter. There are simply too many factors to give you a straight answer but for the most part waiting 10-15 seconds is usually fine. This is all dependent on burn phases and as you get experienced with particular encounters, you just learn the timing. Waiting to time for things like Zon'ozz burn phase, Yor'sahj adds (this is only to see big numbers) or Spine of Deathwing Tendon is important for big numbers.

As far as Living Bomb refreshing don't refresh unless it might run out before the combustion hits. So dependent on latency 2seconds maybe.

With MoP right around the corner, I wouldn't worry too much about maxing out though. Posted Image

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By CopiousSalt
      I feel like I should be performing better as a frost mage at my specific level. If some of you don't mind taking a look at my logs and letting me know what I could do to improve, it would help me out a lot. 
      A lot of people have told me once i get bracers and shard that my dps will normalize for my ilvl. Is this true? I follow the standard for frost mage st rotation: dont eat Ice-lance procs, don't waste insta flurries, spend flurries by frostbolt>flurry>Ice-lance, etc. If I am missing something, please let me know. 
      Here are some logs to look at.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yGLM493zpgrkcjT8/#fight=15&type=damage-done
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yGLM493zpgrkcjT8/#fight=7&type=damage-done
    • By SeeerQ
      Been loosing to secret mages a lot lately. Anyway to counter them? The spells they have are annoying and they are able to kill of my big minions using fireball, polymorph etc. How do you counter them? 
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting DPS.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 4/9 Mythic TOS.  We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:05 PM until 12:05 AM Eastern.  Currently, our main goal is to push Mythis TOS progression versus clearing farmed content, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review or hit me up on battlenet, Violentnacho, recruiting officer (violentravi#1826.
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho
    • By Moonsugar
      My damage is low in mythic tos so I've switched to the more preferred spec of firestarter and kindling for some bosses. I have the Pyro bracers and the belt. Desperate to improve my damage. 
      Questions. 
      1.Should I use the bracer proc below 30 percent when I'm in the belt execute phase?
      2. Should I be waiting for Incanter's flow to be on five before using combustion (a bit like that old rogue ability (bandit's guile?)) or is it bad to wait?
      3. Should I be using conflag on fights where I have to switch target like Harjatan? 
      4. How do you deal with having to cancel a long pyro in movement fights?
      Any other advice on my spec/gearing/logs is welcome x 
      wowlogs link

• By capimeista
      hello everyone,
      i feel like im doing way to low dmg in my hc raids could some of you take a look at my logs and see if im doing something wrong.
      i already know my legendary ice time isnt the best but i dont have another.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dXFRr843LvBVNTpk/#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0&source=5
      my thanks.