Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zarontheinsane

Need Suggestions For New Toon

4 posts in this topic

Ok, I have decided that I need another 90, not going to be using my ''free'' 90 on it, but will level it all the way with heirlooms. I currently have at 90 a Blood/frost dk, a Resto/boomy druid, and a Demo/destroy(sometimes I switch between destro and aff because I just love all 3 so much). I love tanking and so I'm wanting a new tank toon. It probably won't ever do more than LFR and maybe a few normal (not sure if flex will still be around next xpac but if so i'll do them since they are a little more casual) so its not like I have to have whatever is the absolute max best. I often enjoy playing demo with DA and have even tanked some heroic dungeons with my guild like that and enjoy soloing some stuff like that, but without the vengeance its just not strong enough so I often need to use my voidlord and I just dps normally. At one point I tried out guardian on my druid at 90 and enjoyed it but the only thing I ever did with it was grind timeless isle and do a few lfrs so don't know a lot on how it may be in other situations. And I apologize for this being so long. So I'm thinking about leveling a bear/kitty druid, a prot/??? war, or a prot/ret pally since shockadins got nerfed so hard that I don't even want to play holy. I have played around with each tank spec on ptr doing stuff like killing rares and farming timeless. And I'm not asking which tank is best, because I know there is no 'best' tank, its all on the player, but wondering which is best for me, I enjoy doing a lot of soloing old raids and dungeons, absolutely love brawlers guild, want it to be fun in arenas, and how is the dps spec for each doing these? of course I won't be using tank spec for pvp unless its to be an FC or something, but how is each of the dps specs for soloing old stuff, doing brawlers guild, pvp, and what are some things you all love about each, and maybe some pros and cons of each and how it may be similar to the dk or demo tank lock. Thanks in advance for everyone's help and I'm sorry that this was probably much longer than it needed to be.

Judging by your class selections, I would say Mistweaver/Brewmaster Monk, or a Prot/Holy Paladin.

A Mistweaver's World DPS is almost the same as a normal DPSer's.

Both Classes can spec Tank/DPS/Heal, do old raids since they are hybrid dps/heal.

Edited by Archimage

I levelled a prot paladin with full heirlooms, and it was amazing. I breezed through dungeons on my own all the way to 85. It was a bit challenging at times, but definitely a fun thing to do. It's also incredibly quick.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SoloMD
      <Raging Time> of US Mal'Ganis is recruiting exceptional raiders for our mythic Nighthold roster. We are a very serious adult guild(18+) with a stellar team and take raiding extremely serious.
      Current Progression:
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare & 2/3M Trials of Valor 7/10M Nighthold
      Raid Times:
      Monday/Wednesday/Thursday 8:00pm-12:00am Server Time. (9:00pm-1:00am EST)
      Recruitment Needs:
      Currently Recruiting all talented DPS with Mythic NH experience and a Holy Paladin!

Priority:
      All DPS - High
      Holy Pally - High

Considering all DPS classes for spots!
      All other classes we are still taking into consideration!! So please don't think if your class is not above we don't want/need you!
      Requirements & What we expect:
      902 Minimum ilvl.
      42+ Artifact Trait Lgvel.
      BIS Optimized Gear.
      Discord
      RCLootCouncil.
      Full knowledge of your specialization inside and out.
      Knowledge of Nighthold and its Bosses.
      No drama.
      Ability to take responsibility for your mistakes.
      During your trial if you miss we will not take you into consideration
      Of course a sense of humor!
      Ability to make 90% of our 12 raids per month.
      Who are we:
      Raging Time was established in early February of 2016 in hopes of restoring the old raiding/guild atmosphere. We are a very loving and fun guild but raiding is extremely important to us.
      Trials/Applications:
      In order to get in contact with us about applying there will be two steps you will have to take. One being add the GM or add one of the following Officers in order to apply/ talk to us in obtaining a raid spot. Due to all of us being on at different times please add in the following order if you would like to get in contact as soon as possible, and one of us will get back to you as soon as possible. Once you add one of us on Real ID you are to do the following.
      Send one of us a battle net message of the following:
          Your current Item level
          Your current artifact trait level
          A link to your current armory
          A link to your logs if you have any(recommended not required)
          As well as how you found us whether it be from Mal Ganis forums, wowprogress, in game, or another source.

1.Orcbilagio(GM) - Orcbely#1393
      2. Magicloner- subtLe#1706 (Recruitment Officer)
      3. SoloMD (Officer) - Instakill#1696
      4. Psyxz(MDPS Officer) - Psyx#1649
      If you are interested in us please have no hesitation to apply and we look forward to possibly having you. Thank you!
    • By Elionara
      Hello all !
      My name is Elionara. I have started playing a warrior since Legion launched.
      Currently my ilvl is only 889(890).
      However , i feel so underwhelmed by my numbers.
      All other warriors out dps me by miles !
      Iv'e watched countless guides , etc. 
      But to no avail ! So tis to the forums i come to seek help !
      I will include logs/armory from my HC progress with the guild. (granted we're not all BiS geared).
      I'm very open to critisism and if some1 would be willing to have a one on one chat with me i would love to !
      Kind Regards ,
      Elionara - Silvermoon EU

Logs : Elisande HC = https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wnVqygxQavWBPzjN/
                 1-8 Bosses HC = https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tr1FLGhCy6dYqHvk/
                 Armory = http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Elionara/simple

PS: I'm aware my stats are not the best , i started using Pawn without ant knowledge about it and overdosed on crit. Iv'e learned now and i sim every new piece of gear for new strings from now on.
    • By Frostjin
      <Currently Online> US - Sargeras - Alliance - Is recruiting raiders for all difficulties, and social/casual players of all levels!

What We Offer:

The largest and most active World of Warcraft guild in the world, with 10,000 members in 10 different guilds, we offer a huge slate of activities to our players, both in WoW and out...

Raiding:

7/7 M + 5/10 M Progression 7 Raid Teams - ranging from Casual to Mythic Progression See the teams and their needs on our website: www.coguild.com/raiding

PvP:

Multiple PvP Teams An entire Sub-Guild dedicated to non-stop PvP action! Countless members constantly looking for BG Farming! Learn more about our PvP offering and sign up on or website: www.coguild.com/rbgs

For Socials:

Always active guild chat - 10 guilds linked with the add-on Greenwall In-game activities and competitions: XMog Contests, PvP Events, Mythic+ Spam, Achievement Runs, Alt Raids, Yolo BGs, and more! Bi-Weekly In-Game Lottery! New Member Orientations! Come make some new friends! Room for advancement as a staff member!
      Out of WoW:

Private Gaming Servers such as Minecraft or 7DaysToDie Battlefield 1 + Battlefield 4 Clans Elder Scrolls Online Guild Rust Group Always active Discord w/ over 2500 connected users Drinking Nights Monthly Giveaways __________________________________________________________________

To Join:
      If you find yourself on Sargeras, simply ask for an invite! If you're not on Sargeras yet, let us know on our website and we'll keep your seat warm!

http://www.coguild.com/join

Contact Us:

You can contact us by Btag, or email as listed below.

Coldcrow#1329

Joberty#7753

Empathine#3105

OR

Email us at:

Coldcrow@currentlyonline.gg

Swampage@currentlyonline.gg

We hope to see everyone in game!

• By Babblet
      Location: Horde – US Connected Realms: The Venture Co - Maelstrom - Lightninghoof
      About us:
      Converge has been around since WoW Vanilla and has been raiding together since Molten Core; most of our members have been playing together for years. In its older days, when most of us where young, we were more raid focused and demanded a lot from our members. Over the years we had to adjust our playtime and priorities with a growing list of RL responsibilities and are now, for all intents and purposes, a two day raiding guild. We had to cut our total hours spent playing WoW but we still remain just as competitive and result oriented.
      Mandatory reading.
      Basics: ilvl 885+; 40+ points in MS Artifact Weapon; DMG Dealers 400k+ DPS ST.
      Raiding 101: ability to execute/avoid fight mechanics; communicate in English and use a microphone.
      We raid twice a week, a total of 8 hours; attendance of 90% is mandatory. We require you to function at 100% from the second the raid starts all the way to its end; if you cannot commit to a raiding schedule and be online on time this is not a guild for you.
      GRepairs and flasks are provided by GBank; members pitch in mats and/or gold to help out. Guilds preparedness to raid and supply its members with enchants/etc is a team effort. If you are accepted as a member be prepared to do your part.
      Currently we are trying to build up our roster to start Mythics.
      Raid Times: 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM Eastern Time – Monday/Tuesday.
      Recruitment: Ranged DPS / Heals.

Legion Progression:
      EN 7/7 Normal - 7/7 Heroic - 4/7 Mythic
      ToV 3/3 Normal - 3/3 Heroic
      NH 10/10 Normal - 10/10 Heroic

Contacts:
      Battle.net BTag: Sodium#11394
      Do not send forum PMs, get in touch in-game; likewise do not contact unless you are ready to transfer if accepted for a permanent raid spot.
    • By BauntiX
      Wolflan Gaming now has its own World of Warcraft guild! It is located on Silvermoon(EU) on Alliance side. We are currently recruiting members from the organization, and as soon as we are ready, we will move towards events involving PvP and PvE. For more info, contact Bauntix, whom oversees the guild.
      If you want to join the guild, you will have to join the organization first. Head to our homepage ‘www.wolflan.com’, after which you will have to go through an introduction to the rules of the organization. When you are all signed up, you are ready to join us in Azeroth!
      WolfLAN Gaming Community
      wolflan.com