FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Flight Animation Bug on the Shadowlands Beta

50110-oribos-teleportation-gates-travel-

Oribos waygates are broken right now on the Shadowlands Beta, and when you use the flight master to travel to the zones, the flight animation effect persists even after you land.

Blizzard is aware of the bug and they made the animation fade after 1 minute on the Beta while they keep working on a permanent fix for the issue. The player also submitted a video to go with their report that you can watch below.

Blizzard Logo(Source)

So my character Malras seems to have the hyperdrive animation following me.

I tried logging out and back in and it still follows.

I tried as you will see in the video go to any place and it will still follow.

I tried going on another alt. It didn’t follow it there however when I went back to Malras. It was still there playing.

Here is a link of the bug.

This is a high priority bug that we’ve been trying to fix for quite a while. It’s still occurring, but we’ve made some tweaks to make it less disruptive to your testing while we figure out a true, permanent fix: going forward if it gets stuck on your character now, it should fade after 60 seconds.

However, if you already had it stuck on your character, it likely won’t be retroactively removed by this fix, since the hidden aura is already applied to your character. Queuing for arenas can remove it, since that forces some aura refreshes.

Alternatively, because I know this visual effect is obnoxious and distracting, I can try to remove it manually myself, but I make no guarantees about it. If you want me to try, you can post the following information here and I’ll try to handle it over the next day or so.

Character Name:
Beta Realm Name:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      It appears that the Weekly Maximum Valor cap has been removed on the 9.0.5 PTR. The patch releases this week on March 9.
      Previously, players could only earn 750 Valor each week, as shown in the screenshot below.

On Thursday, Blizzard announced in a blue post that they were increasing Valor caps on the 9.0.5 PTR. Most importantly, they also added that there would be a cap of 1,500 on how much Valor a character can hold at a time, which seems to have been scrapped in the end.
      Currently, on the PTR, it looks like Blizzard has entirely removed the Weekly Valor cap in a hotfix (see missing tooltip). The Total Maximum cap has been increased to 8,750 Valor.

We're still waiting for Blizzard to confirm if the Weekly Cap has been indeed scrapped or if it's just a bug.
    • By Stan
      ChromedDragon created a map of Draenor before Garrosh showed up. Check it out!
      On the map, we see how the individual Orc clans completely surrounded the Draenei from almost all directions.

Source: Reddit
    • By Starym
      Tanks are getting a lot of focus in Shadowlands with the increased Mythic+ focus, and it's only going to get more intense with the next pach, so we rounded up some funny stories, depressing interactions, memes and similar. Here's a grab-bag of tanking experiences from many players.
      While all tanks are always needed, things change around the +15 mark, as it's not just DPS that have this particular experience, and if you're one of the least popular/worst specs...
      Then there's this type of terrible, which hasn't really changed that much since, well, forever, as there will always be assholes out there, but there really do seem to be more and more of them these days, especially in Mythic+...

Source: ChoGallMeta.
      And even if you do well, it's never enough for some people:
      But, sometimes it's quite a different feeling, as however terrible players might be to you, you're still a tank damn it!
      And there are some perfect moments that can only come from tanking, including this one titled "My greatest M+ tanking Achievement...":

Source: Sheth1984.
      If the group gets really annoying, you can always have the last word too:

Source: Boars89.
      And finally, if you get REALLY tired of all the DPS not interrupting, the healer selfishly trying to keep those idiots that stand in every mechanic under the sun alive instead of keeping you above 80%, or people dare to question your route, you can always just go with your own kind!
    • By Stan
      Darkmoon Faire has returned for a week. Make sure to use the 10% reputation & experience buff, and don't forget about Profession skill-up quests for easy 5 points!
      10% WHEE! Buff
      The buff increases Experience and Reputation gains by 10% for 1 hour, and it is recommended to turn in weekly quests only after you have the buff for extra reputation. You can farm reputation beyond Exalted for Reputation Paragon rewards.
      Profession Quests
      If you're missing some crucial skill points to max out your Professions, do not forget that the Darkmoon Faire Profession quests can grant you 5 skill points! You no longer need to have 75 skill points for the quests either, so head over to Darkmoon Island to get them.
      Inky Black Potions
      Don't forget to stock up on Inky Black Potion to enjoy dark mode in Shadowlands and other regions! Here's a showcase of Bastion with the potion. Image courtesy of Reddit user nasKo_zomboid.

Head over to our Darkmoon Faire guide to learn more about the event!
    • By Staff
      World of Warcraft: Exploring Azeroth: Kalimdor is now available for pre-order for $20.65. The title will be released on October 15, 2021.
      Click here to pre-order Exploring Azeroth: Kalimdor.

(Source)
      By fang and feather, explore the vibrant lands of Kalimdor!

Join famed hunter Rexxar, his animal companions, and Horde Ambassador Zekhan as they make the perilous journey across the lush and vivid reaches of Kalimdor to learn the secrets of the realm. Leave no stone unturned and no tracks unfollowed as Rexxar and Zekhan reveal lore, insights, equipment, and breathtaking landscapes from the ramparts of Orgrimmar to the golden plains of Mulgore to the wilds of Un’Goro Crater―and share one final kindness with a friend along the way. Featuring stunning, immersive artwork and new insights crafted by Blizzard’s own loremaster, Sean Copeland, Exploring Azeroth: Kalimdor is your next step in a remarkable journey across Azeroth.