Oribos Zone Overview and Guide
This page goes over the information currently available about Oribos, one of the new zones in the Shadowlands, and will be updated as more information becomes available.
The city of Oribos serves as the crossroads of the Shadowlands. Here, mortal souls are judged by the Arbiter before being sent to their final destinations, and shadowy denizens swap gossip and anima—the soulborn essence that fuels the Shadowlands.
Your arrival in Oribos provides a glimmer of hope in a dark time: For reasons no one can explain, the Arbiter has gone dormant and is no longer directing souls to their just afterlives. Instead, every one of them is being damned to the torment of the Maw—a place from which you were the first to successfully escape. As the heroes of the Alliance and the Horde journey through the uncharted realms of Death, Oribos welcomes weary travelers from both factions—but forces them to set aside their differences while inside the citadel’s walls.
Layout of Oribos
For the uninitiated, the size of Oribos, with its huge doorways, rooms, and high ceilings, can be particularly daunting. The maps below of the main 2 floors, the Ring of Fates, where most vendors and useful NPCs are found, and the Ring of Transference, the portal room, detail the most notable locations of each. Note that, as we get closer to release and more NPCs or portals are added, we will update the maps.
Ring of Fates
Ring of Transference
The portals shown below will only appear once you have started questing in that specific zone; you will unlock them in the same order you quest in: Bastion, Maldraxxus, Ardenweald, and Revendreth.
Note that, if you jump into the soulstream in the centre, you will be taken to The Maw.
Races in Oribos
There are currently two main races that appear throughout Oribos that are of note, as listed below.
- Attendants — Oribos is in the care of the Attendants, mysterious beings
who were created to tend to the Eternal City and ensure the Arbiter carries out
her duties without interruption. Their decisions are guided by “the Purpose,” the
belief that the Shadowlands follows a pattern laid out by the Arbiter in her
infinite wisdom. Each Attendant serves the Purpose assigned to one of three paths.
- Caretakers are charged with maintaining the function and stability of Oribos; they tend to the Arbiter's needs and service the operations of the city.
- The sagacious Scholars hold the knowledge of the Eternal City; it is from this circle that the Honored Voice, who speaks on behalf of the ever-silent Arbiter, is selected.
- Stoic and implacable, Protectors comprise a militia capable of defending Oribos and enforcing order within.
- Brokers — Native to an unnamed realm of the Shadowlands, Brokers possess an innate affinity for locating anima, even in the midst of the current drought. They appear eager to assist the mortals arriving in Oribos, offering their expertise in acquiring raw materials and crafting them into useful goods. Savvy and adaptable, the Brokers keep their true intentions to themselves. One thing is clear: they can provide a wide variety of exotic merchandise and valuable service, if the price is right.
- 10 Aug. 2020: Added note about unlocking portals.
- 05 Aug. 2020: Guide added.
More Shadowlands Content
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd
- Primordial Stone Hotfix Changes: March 23rd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd