FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Shadowlands Refunds Have Been Opened

50681-awesome-bolvar-in-the-maw-animated

After today's massive decision to delay the launch of Shadowlands, Blizzard have begun sending mails to players who pre-ordered the expansion, explaining the situation and offering a method for refunds. Redditor enterthedragonpunch was the first to report this, as they received an email not long ago with these details:

uqng6xou9lq51.png?width=577&auto=webp&s=
Source.

You can follow the link to the Customer Support site here.

While the decision to postpone the expansion was hailed as the correct one by many (including us), there are plenty of players that have been not only disappointed, but also inconvenienced, possibly quite heavily by this turn of events, as many plan their vacation days around the release of a new expansion and some can't change them this close to the date. And so it's understandable that players could be frustrated and want a refund, and it's good of Blizzard to offer a relatively simple way to do that. There might be complications to the process, with the various Shadowlands editions, especially the Epic one which comes with game time, in case players have already used some of it.

We haven't received any mails on our pre-oders yet, but that might be due to them being EU accounts, or they're going out in waves.

Source.

I dont wanna refund anything , but beta access would be nice .... , in Bfa is nothing to do anymore (my opinion) and i log in less and less  ?

• Like 4

I would be more than happy if I beta access. I literally do a few dailies and sit on my corner all day thinking of something to do. Sure I want them to prim and polish the game, but they've inconvienced me bc I took vacation time off for this and NOW they change their minds. But its whatever. Keep this nonsense up and more people will flock to ffxiv...

• Like 1

TBH im not mad. I want Shadowlands to good when its released. If they still need time, they can have it. Just make it awesome.
(but they better not disappoint us this time... :D )

• Like 1

Not disappointed at all. Sure, I was excited to jump into Shadowlands but, I'd rather it be the best it can. This is a massive gold star for Blizzard if you ask me.

• Like 5

Yeah, why would i need a refund when this is the exact thing they should be doing instead of releasing a game that is not done yet, i say big up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lol you guys are Real blizzard fanboys. „At least we get the game good.” You kidding right? We were waiting long enough, its their fault its not ready. I dont care about a stupid refound, they should pay up Extra or atleast give us free game time or smth in game for this. Some ppl i know took some days off work for the release. This shows more and more what a bullshit company blizzard is. Im mad AF with this boring bfa gameplay and No beta

Edited by Dvanom
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

We will have to see, too late to change my holiday time but won’t be worried about that if the raid is in the new year.

the biggest worry is that blizzard did the same with Warcraft 3 reforged and still released it in a poor state which players were not happy about, if your going to do this then please do it right

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dvanom said:

Lol you guys are Real blizzard fanboys

Most of the times it comes from people being pure negatives overall and blind to other perspectives...

You kidding right? We were waiting long enough, its their fault its not ready.

And its your / your friends fault to await that all processes, especially in times like 2020 and outbreak stuff going on, are still up for you and you dont understand its a company with HUMANS working in it and ofc humans doing mistakes. Even if people say "they could have told earlier" we never know whats going on inside and they clearly told "release until 31 of december 2020" and no earlier date i was respecting since i know that allways something can go wrong or stuff can happen (Corona btw.)

Im mad AF with this boring bfa gameplay and No beta

Good advice sir: Go into the forrest, scream and break a stick of wood if you need to or just relax and dont make the game the center of your life.

Do i want to test Beta too? Yes i want, but its no drama to not get access since there are sites like Icy Veins and other where you can discuss and view the changes and maybe also bring some GOOD comments to it to find something people can tell the dev's.

~~~~~~~~~~

phewwww..... normally i just skip comments like these, but man people need to calm down and dont think they are the center of everything.

edit.:

Dont think im off work or something, im usually working outdoor more than 9 hours a day, so i think i can understand if someone is upset, but i also understand structures of different companies....

Edited by Baharok
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The delay is a good thing really, but annoyed as I waited to today to resub and buy the damn thing since it lined up so well with payday and bonus month. I don't want to refund the game but the game time, definitely... 

I am not surprised at all and prety much expecting it ? The way things looks like ,They had to do that sooner ? as it is oblivious that there are 2many issues with the game. And i can see why "some" ppl are furious as they take their holiday (as some are forced to set date of them far in future without much chance to change them) but on the others..i can only laught? as any1 with constructive thinking should expect something like that or should at least be a bit skeptical with all the info and issues there are ? 

For me...i také holiday about 2-3 weeks after expansion launch, as there is most of crucial issues fixed (sometimes) and there is less players on Quests and zones so i can fully immerse in to lore/quest/profesion/farm without much of lags, bugs etc. .

And right now… i am just playing other games if i am not going for some achieves ? 

They are doing the right thing, but...I am already grasping at something to do in game. I set my cruise control for 9/29...no, 10/6...no, 10/13. And I would not have bought the 6-month subscription package, at least not yet. So it's the fact that my subscription is ticking away into a void that is the most bothersome. I don't want a refund, I want an extension - a month for every month of delay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dvanom said:

Lol you guys are Real blizzard fanboys. „At least we get the game good.” You kidding right? We were waiting long enough, its their fault its not ready. I dont care about a stupid refound, they should pay up Extra or atleast give us free game time or smth in game for this. Some ppl i know took some days off work for the release. This shows more and more what a bullshit company blizzard is. Im mad AF with this boring bfa gameplay and No beta

That's the kind of childish toxicity that kills gaming communities. People taking off work for a game launch are doing so of their own volition. Anyone that has been around these big titles long enough knows that release dates change all the time. Developers are under no obligation to release until they believe the title is ready and in this case, Blizzard is offering to give you and your friends your money back. You have nothing to be upset about, you just want to be upset. Seriously, grow up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Libraridan said:

They are doing the right thing, but...I am already grasping at something to do in game. I set my cruise control for 9/29...no, 10/6...no, 10/13. And I would not have bought the 6-month subscription package, at least not yet. So it's the fact that my subscription is ticking away into a void that is the most bothersome. I don't want a refund, I want an extension - a month for every month of delay.

Have you contacted Blizzard about pausing your account until launch?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dvanom said:

its their fault its not ready

I guarantee you that the pandemic is to blame. With everyone, around the world, struggling currently, it is no surprise that the game has been delayed since people may not have been able to come to work, been too sick to work from home, etc. I understand your frustration but anger is uncalled for.

The sad thing is that blizzard used to work on new expansion way back when we were about to enter 8.2 content if not sooner. The time they had to test, polish and come up with ideas was more than enough. It's a plain lie if you think they didn't know about the balancing of stuff. Blizzard is working on the game for almost 16 years now, they were aware of the difficulties and they still chose to go down this path.
Even if they delayed the game to summer 2021, they wouldn't fix the issue if they are not ready to change the core system of SL. Covenants were doomed to fail, I commented that on a preach video about 3 or 4 months ago, if not longer. Back then I got heavily critized and now look at what happened. *filtered*'s a mess beyond being repaired just by tuning.

6 hours ago, Dvanom said:

Yeah clearly they should have predicted COVID19, and not experienced launch delays, like nearly every other game company out there this year looking at a release date past June. And even then, they waited until the last possible moment to concede the need to delay the launch, because moreso than what you think or anyone taking time off thinks, they're part of a publicly traded company and beholden to shareholder expectations, so yeah they're definitely out to bend you over a barrel and let a kobold run you like a Dalaran mount parade.

Edited by SidonisAntares

Considering it's under their terms of product information they have to offer a refund.  I'm not going to ask for one because I do appreciate that Blizzard did step up and state that the product is not yet finished and needs more time.  If Blizzard would of released SL on the intended October date I would see a bigger fiasco than WCIII: Reforged with an unhappy playerbase.

As far as in Beta there were still issues with Covenant abilities, Soulbinds/Conduits, class specific skills that were not working as intended or not working at all eg) Warrior's Massacre skill not working at all, a few of the Raid Boss encounters not working as intended along with several other issues that revolve around endgame.

• Like 1

Dvanom is right! Many here are fanboys and corporate cultists to a fault.

Delaying Shadowlands, in small parts, may be a decision made by devs wanting to deliver a better experience. First and foremost it is a corporate decision to minimize the damage to a brand, not one out of integrity, but prudence. Another disaster like BfA mustn't happen at this point, especially with Warcraft III bombing and Overwatch 2 being pushed back, as well.  

The issue is not that Blizzard is delaying Shadowlands, it is the lack of communication over the last weeks and months. No hints on the pre-patch date was a clear sign of inner turmoil. Ion's  lie about the ripcord (there never has been one) was audacious. Stripping down features (e.g. the Maw content, Thorgast levels) is a warning sign that there has been a mismanagement, and pouring resources in borrowed power systems instead of content lies at the core of Blizzards troubles with delivering its fabled quality and polish.

Sure, COVID19 has turned plans upside down. Sure, they are people. They are also a multi-billion corporation, that is supposed to be lead by  people with foresight and circumspection. There is no reward for trying, or the right intentions. they need to know when they screw up, and when they need to do better.  Despite the good times they have shown us, they are neither friend, nor family. They are also not our enemy, but viewing them as anything but a provider of a service we all enjoy is a bit like viewing your regular hooker as your girlfriend.  I don't want it to be true, either, but Blizzard is not what it used to be. Blind sycophantry does not change that. 

Admitting issues, addressing them and providing constructive (and much needed) criticism might help Blizzard in the long run. Many players decide to stay in a cultist bubble, though. Everything is fine. Everything will work out. With a track record of every other xpack being subpar, and many other Blizz IPs doing not so well, that is not the case. 

• Like 1