FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Arcane Mage Leveling

12 hours ago, Jonesy4 said:

Leveling an arcane mage and following this guide, I unlocked Prismatic Barrier at level 21, this guide says lvl 28.

Cheers ?

Thank you for your feedback! I have updated the guide to reflect this. The changed level should be live soon.

9 hours ago, ahmeni said:

Thanks for the awesome guide! A small fix needed: Presence of MindPresence of Mind is now a level 42 ability.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I see PoM appearing too early in the rotation, and have fixed that now. This should be live soon!

20 hours ago, Psionic said:

You are not mentiong Arcane orb usage. Just saying ?

Good catch! I have updated the guide to reflect this. On the next release of the guide Arcane Orb will be included. (Should be somewhere today or early tomorrow)

Guest Aleckxszandre

The guide mentions not getting Clearcasting until 23, but it's unlocked at 14 in-game. Rank 2 is unlocked at 23.

On 11/2/2020 at 9:11 PM, Guest Aleckxszandre said:

The guide mentions not getting Clearcasting until 23, but it's unlocked at 14 in-game. Rank 2 is unlocked at 23.

Hi!

You are correct. This will be updated in the guide.

Thanks!

Hi, I am not understanding something in your guide. You state this - "At Level 32, you unlock Clearcasting IconClearcasting rank 3. This makes Clearcasting stack up to 2 times, which means you can save a stack for the next enemy target if your current target is already very low."  How can one "save" a stack of clearcasting when clearcasting is passive and doesn't show stacking?  Thank you in advance.

11 hours ago, roo said:

Hi, I am not understanding something in your guide. You state this - "At Level 32, you unlock Clearcasting IconClearcasting rank 3. This makes Clearcasting stack up to 2 times, which means you can save a stack for the next enemy target if your current target is already very low."  How can one "save" a stack of clearcasting when clearcasting is passive and doesn't show stacking?  Thank you in advance.

Hi!

Clearcasting is a passive, but the passive gives you a chance to proc the Clearcasting buff (same name, but it's a buff as well as a passive), which makes your next Arcane Missiles cost no mana, and fire more missiles (thus doing more damage). After level 32, this proc stacks, meaning that you can get the buff more than once, which allows you to hold onto one of these stacks for the next enemy target when your current target is low.

Hopefully that clears it up, if not, feel free to respond again!

Thanks Dutchmagoz!  Yes, now I am beginning to understand.  I have played as a frost mage and recently as a fire mage, but something was missing. The mages of old (broken isles and before) were the best to me, then along came these next two x-pacs and the joy I had of playing a mage was gone. Too much trying to figure out whats what , etc. So, for a whim I decided to try arcane.  And that is where the "magic" has come back. Sorry for the pun.   Of course IV guides is what I use, trying out everything recommended in the talent setups and going with it.  So, thank you and the other guide writer for all of your help.

Guest Ligmage

In the arcane tree, at level 25, it says to get arcane power. it also shows that you need to spend 8 points before you can unlock arcane power, but theres only 7 points spent before it? same thing at level 49 with Arcane Bombardment, 20 points required to unlock but only 19 spent before it.

6 hours ago, Guest Ligmage said:

In the arcane tree, at level 25, it says to get arcane power. it also shows that you need to spend 8 points before you can unlock arcane power, but theres only 7 points spent before it? same thing at level 49 with Arcane Bombardment, 20 points required to unlock but only 19 spent before it.

Hi!

I assume you're talking about the levelling talents. Where it says "Crackling energy", it means 2 points in crackling energy, causing you to reach 8 points, but this doesn't appear to be very obvious from the tree.

This also solves the arcane bombardment issue.

Cheers,

Dutchmagoz

Guest Ligmage

Ok maybe I worded my last post poorly, but what I'm trying to say is that its physically not possible to get arcane power or arcane bombardment at the levels the tree says to get them at. when you hit level 25 (for arcane power) you've only leveled up 15 times/ unlocked 15 talent points. 15 points divided into 2 trees, cannot be higher then 8. And you need to have already spent 8 talents in the arcane tree to be able to get arcane power. there's no extra point to spend on "crackling energy" 

To put it a lot simpler, arcane power is the 8th talent down the list of talents to unlock, but you need to have spent 8 talents already to unlock it.

There is no way to get arcane power at 25. (or bombardment at 49, similar, its the 20th talent in the tree to select, but also requires 20 points already spent)

if it is something with getting a 2nd crackling energy level before those, "doesn't seem very obvious" seems like an understatement (and impossibility?) because there is no point in the tree where it shows to get another crackling energy level. just shows 1. But if there was a 2nd crackling energy level stuffed in before arcane power it would all work out like your saying, but it there's just the 1 so the leveling tree is not possible with those unlock talents just below the barrier.

either I'm completely misunderstanding something here or we're looking at different trees, but something doesn't logically seem possible with getting those talents at those levels.

Sorry for the essay, and bad wording. just wanted to be helpful if I could've been.

7 hours ago, Guest Ligmage said:

Ok maybe I worded my last post poorly, but what I'm trying to say is that its physically not possible to get arcane power or arcane bombardment at the levels the tree says to get them at. when you hit level 25 (for arcane power) you've only leveled up 15 times/ unlocked 15 talent points. 15 points divided into 2 trees, cannot be higher then 8. And you need to have already spent 8 talents in the arcane tree to be able to get arcane power. there's no extra point to spend on "crackling energy" 

To put it a lot simpler, arcane power is the 8th talent down the list of talents to unlock, but you need to have spent 8 talents already to unlock it.

There is no way to get arcane power at 25. (or bombardment at 49, similar, its the 20th talent in the tree to select, but also requires 20 points already spent)

if it is something with getting a 2nd crackling energy level before those, "doesn't seem very obvious" seems like an understatement (and impossibility?) because there is no point in the tree where it shows to get another crackling energy level. just shows 1. But if there was a 2nd crackling energy level stuffed in before arcane power it would all work out like your saying, but it there's just the 1 so the leveling tree is not possible with those unlock talents just below the barrier.

either I'm completely misunderstanding something here or we're looking at different trees, but something doesn't logically seem possible with getting those talents at those levels.

Sorry for the essay, and bad wording. just wanted to be helpful if I could've been.

Hi again,

I see what you're saying. Something is definitely off by 1 point somewhere (The place in which Nether Prercision is shown seems wrong) in the order of the taken talents. Arcane power should be level 27, bombardment 51, etc. I will pick this up with the developer to look into the levelling order of the tree.

Thanks for your feedback!

Guest Ramyna

you deleted the chart and the specalization selections for mage etc. why? i was literally looking at this an hour ago. im level 29 for my mage and i have no idea what to do with my arcane point :(

Guest justkeith

just curious why the talent tree isnt showing for arcane mage leveling