Arcane Mage Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.2)
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. The only exception to this rule is if you have a Ring or Necklace with a slightly lower item level, but 2 secondary stats on it instead of 1.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Below you can see the suggested levelling talent build, and the order in which to pick the talents while levelling.
Rotation to Level Up as an Arcane Mage
Starting at Level 1, you only have one main attack ability: Frostbolt.
- Use Fire Blast on cooldown.
- Use Presence of Mind when you have to move to allow you to cast Arcane Blast on the move.
- Cast Touch of the Magi whenever it is ready and you have no Arcane charges.
- Cast Arcane Barrage if Touch of the Magi is ready.
- Cast Arcane Orb when you do not have 4 Arcane Charges.
- Cast Arcane Surge whenever it is ready and you have 4 Arcane Charges.
- Cast Arcane Surge whenever it is ready and you have 4 Arcane Charges and the target is affected by Touch of the Magi.
- Use Arcane Missiles when you get Clearcasting.
- Cast Evocation when you are out of mana.
- Cast Arcane Barrage to finish off a target, or when running low on mana. Only cast it when you have 4 Arcane Charges.
- Cast Arcane Explosion when there are 3 or more targets.
- Cast Arcane Blast.
Arcane Mage War Mode Talents for Leveling
In this section we will rank the PvP talents best for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content.
- Arcane Empowerment is a direct damage increase to Arcane Missiles during Clearcasting, directly increasing your DPS. Only pick this if you often pull a single target.
- Temporal Shield is arguably the best defensive tool in the game, as it is off the global cooldown, and has a relatively short cooldown, allowing you to avoid damage against most enemies you face.
- Master of Escape and Mass Invisibility are both spells that you can pick to help you skip more mobs when going through crowded areas.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 11 Jul. 2023: Upated levelling tree for the new talent trees.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Minor changes to levelling tree.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Warrior Players Unhappy with the Lack of Choice in Odyn Questline
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear
- Season of Discovery Initial Tuning
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 1st
- Huge 10.2 Class Tuning: December 5th
- Void.gg's Hosting a $10K Solo Shuffle Tournament: Dec 2-3
- Sky-Captain's Masquerade Attire Set
- Living Flame (EU) Lone Wolf (EU) and Crusader Strike (US) Reams Temporarily Locked to New Players