FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Fire Mage Leveling

Like the Talent guide, you also list Shimmer as the go to talent for leveling. Can you explain why you recommend Shimmer over Blazing Soul? I have found that Blazing Soul is far better for survival than Shimmer. Sure, being able to Blink twice might be useful, but I've been saved by the free Blazing Barrier that Blazing Soul provides - something which Shimmer would not have been capable of in a similar situation.

The Talent guide even states that Shimmer is good for the added mobility, not survivability - something which should take precedence in leveling. 

Edited by Wyr3d
typo of Shiver :P

Guest Kayzorkross

Hi team,

Temporal Shield is now exclusively an Arcane war mode talent. 

On 10/16/2020 at 4:52 PM, Wyr3d said:

Like the Talent guide, you also list Shimmer as the go to talent for leveling. Can you explain why you recommend Shimmer over Blazing Soul? I have found that Blazing Soul is far better for survival than Shimmer. Sure, being able to Blink twice might be useful, but I've been saved by the free Blazing Barrier that Blazing Soul provides - something which Shimmer would not have been capable of in a similar situation.

The Talent guide even states that Shimmer is good for the added mobility, not survivability - something which should take precedence in leveling. 

Hi Wyr3d,

Thanks for your feedback. 

During almost all of leveling content, surviving is generally not a problem, and thus more mobility tends to speed up leveling more than more survivability. 

However, if you prefer the extra tankiness from picking Blazing Soul, this is a completely viable option as well.

13 hours ago, Guest Kayzorkross said:

Hi team,

Temporal Shield is now exclusively an Arcane war mode talent. 

Hi!

You are correct, we will update the guide to reflect this, thank you for your feedback.

On 11/23/2020 at 5:16 PM, Guest x64 said:

The Firestarter PvP talent is now called Pyrokinesis; same effect different name.

You are correct, thanks for pointing it out!

This will be fixed today.

13 hours ago, LarsGagner said:

In the Fire mage leveling build, you list Flamestrike in the rotation but it is *not* selected in the talent tree.

15 hours ago, Guest Manza said:

How are you guys using flamestrike if its not talented?

Thanks for the feedback, you are right. Flamestrike isn't really part of the levelling rotation anymore, I forgot to remove that line when updating the levelling talents to a more ignite oriented setup.

Guest Anonymous

Because Invisibility is not selected on the mage tree it cannot be imported.

5 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

Because Invisibility is not selected on the mage tree it cannot be imported.

Hi,

Thanks for your report. There currently seems to be an issue with the calculator and I have reached out to the devs to look into it.

Thanks!