Fire Mage Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.0.2)
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. The only exception to this rule is if you have a Ring or Necklace with a slightly lower item level, but 2 secondary stats on it instead of 1.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as a Fire Mage
Below you can see the suggested levelling talent build, and the order in which to pick the talents while levelling.
Rotation to Level Up as a Fire Mage
Starting at Level 1, you only have one main attack ability: Frostbolt.
- Use Fire Blast on cooldown.
- Cast Arcane Explosion when there are 3 or more targets.
- Cast Combustion when it is ready and you have at least a couple of charges of Fire Blast and Phoenix Flames.
- Cast Pyroblast when you have Hot Streak.
- Cast Fire Blast when you have Heating Up to get Hot Streak.
- Cast Phoenix Flames when it is ready, and you do not currently have Heating Up.
- Cast Phoenix Flames when you have Heating Up to get Hot Streak and you are out of Fire Blast charges, while Combustion is active.
- Cast Phoenix Flames when you are capped on charges.
- Cast Scorch when the enemy target is below 30% health.
- Cast Fireball.
Fire Mage War Mode Talents for Leveling
In this section we will rank the PvP talents best for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content.
- Ring of Fire puts up a relatively large circle, that burns enemies who walk into the outer part of the circle, doing significant damage.
- Greater Pyroblast is a very hard-hitting spell, especially on high-health enemies, and it will greatly increase your damage against high-health enemies.
- Pyrokinesis allows you to use Combustion more often, allowing you to kill enemies quicker.
- 30 Nov. 2022: Removed flamestrike line from rotation as it is no longer worth using and no longer talented.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Black Empire Map Exploration in Dragonflight
- Very Useful Interact Button Tip
- Aiding the Accord Weekly Quest Progress Carries Over from Previous Week
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Week #2
- An Overview of Mount Rewards in Dragonflight Season 1
- Vault of the Incarnates Death Knight Tier Set and Set Bonuses
- Torghast in Dragonflight: Easy Achievements & Mounts
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.2 Hotfixes, December 5th: Massive Class Tuning