Jump to content
FORUMS
positiv2

Survival Hunter Leveling

Recommended Posts

Guest Skill inconsistency

Why does the leveling page call for Tip of the Spear to be chosen as the level 45 talent, but the rotation section calls for Flanking Strike instead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2021 at 8:33 PM, Guest Skill inconsistency said:

Why does the leveling page call for Tip of the Spear to be chosen as the level 45 talent, but the rotation section calls for Flanking Strike instead?

Thank you and sorry for the late reply. I will fix this inconsistency (Flanking Strike being recommended instead of Tip).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Thyrr
On 5/10/2021 at 9:43 AM, Azortharion said:

Thank you and sorry for the late reply. I will fix this inconsistency (Flanking Strike being recommended instead of Tip).

Flanking Strike doesn't really make sense for lvling with its long CD and you have "Terms of Engagement"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2021 at 12:53 PM, Guest Thyrr said:

Flanking Strike doesn't really make sense for lvling with its long CD and you have "Terms of Engagement"

The long CD is what makes it good for leveling, because its cooldown will partially recover between you killing quest mobs, reducing its effective CD compared to if you were fighting a consistent target.

Tip of the Spear makes even less sense because you need single target that live for meaningful periods of time to actually stack up Tip of the Spear and then finally spend it on Raptor Strike, while Flanking Strike's value is all practically instant and also aids your AoE damage (via the Focus which allows more Carves which in turn allows more regular Wildfire Bombs) which is ultimately what speeds up leveling.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Azortharion said:

The long CD is what makes it good for leveling, because its cooldown will partially recover between you killing quest mobs, reducing its effective CD compared to if you were fighting a consistent target.

True it's always ready for the next engagement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...