FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Unholy Death Knight Shadowlands

Guest Wildmoonsister

Now that the pre-patch is live, I was hoping for more conversation on the Unholy DK information about the total of 7 rune options with which to rune a Death Knights weapon at the Rune Forge now. 

The Unholy DK guide, written by Abyssalwave, just lists the same Rune as has been recommended for the last 5+ years, with zero explanation about why they believe it is best compared to the other 6 options.  This just leads me to wonder if Abyssalwave was even aware of the new rune options in this expansion. 

I mention it because I am drawn to a couple of the other rune enchants for my weapon and I can't decide between them.  

Guest Soulnite

In Stat Priority, Mastery says it increases shadow damage, wich is true, but it also increases minion damage.

I wonder if that would move its priority above one of the other stats.

BR

21 hours ago, Guest Wildmoonsister said:

Now that the pre-patch is live, I was hoping for more conversation on the Unholy DK information about the total of 7 rune options with which to rune a Death Knights weapon at the Rune Forge now. 

The Unholy DK guide, written by Abyssalwave, just lists the same Rune as has been recommended for the last 5+ years, with zero explanation about why they believe it is best compared to the other 6 options.  This just leads me to wonder if Abyssalwave was even aware of the new rune options in this expansion. 

I mention it because I am drawn to a couple of the other rune enchants for my weapon and I can't decide between them.  

The other runeforges aren't even close to competing with Fallen Crusader, they are niches for things like speed leveling but beyond that they can't even come close to the damage provided by fallen crusader. I will add an explanation for them though thanks!

7 hours ago, Guest Soulnite said:

In Stat Priority, Mastery says it increases shadow damage, wich is true, but it also increases minion damage.

I wonder if that would move its priority above one of the other stats.

BR

Currently in prepatch mastery is the go-to stat with 3x magus and Army of the Damned, I will change this to reflect that!