Unholy Death Knight Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Unholy Death Knight before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Torghast as a Unholy Death Knight
This page will help you perform the best with your Unholy Death Knight in Torghast, Tower of the Damned. For more information about Torghast in general, check out our dedicated pages below.
Best Unholy Death Knight Setup for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
|15||✗ Infected Claws||✓ All Will Serve||✓ Clawing Shadows|
|25||✗ Bursting Sores||✗ Ebon Fever||✓ Unholy Blight|
|30||? Grip of the Dead||? Death's Reach||? Asphyxiate|
|35||✗ Pestilent Pustules||✗ Harbinger of Doom||✓ Soul Reaper|
|40||? Spell Eater||? Wraith Walk||? Death Pact|
|45||✗ Pestilence||✓ Unholy Pact||✗ Defile|
|50||✓ Army of the Damned||✗ Summon Gargoyle||✗ Unholy Assault|
Level 15 Talents for Torghast as an Unholy Death Knight
|✘ Infected Claws||✔ All Will Serve||✔ Clawing Shadows|
Level 25 Talents for Torghast as an Unholy Death Knight
|✘ Bursting Sores||✘ Ebon Fever||✔ Unholy Blight|
Unholy Blight is by far the strongest option in this tier. With how many Anima Powers buff your pets damage, this talent gets even stronger.
Level 30 Talents for Torghast as an Unholy Death Knight
|? Grip of the Dead||? Death's Reach||? Asphyxiate|
All talents on this row have fantastic utility and are viable.
Level 35 Talents for Torghast as an Unholy Death Knight
|✘ Pestilent Pustules||✘ Harbinger of Doom||✔ Soul Reaper|
Level 40 Talents for Torghast as an Unholy Death Knight
|? Spell Eater||? Wraith Walk||? Death Pact|
All talents on this row have fantastic utility and are viable, however Wraith Walk has great mobility benefits.
Level 45 Talents for Torghast as an Unholy Death Knight
|✘ Pestilence||✔ Unholy Pact||✘ Defile|
Unholy Pact is the absolute best choice in this row.
Level 50 Talents for Torghast as an Unholy Death Knight
|✔ Army of the Damned||✘ Summon Gargoyle||✘ Unholy Assault|
Best Anima Powers for Unholy Death Knight
This section ranks desirable Anima Powers from Great to Average. Before reading further, you might want to check out our complete lists of Anima Powers (both Death Knight-specific and class-agnostic).
Great Anima Powers for Unholy Death Knight
- Ancient Drake Breath
- Monstrous Concoction
- Blood-tinged Poker
- Deathlord's Cypher (Allows you to have Infected Claws and All Will Serve)
- Necromantic Bile
- Deathlord's Gift (Allows you to have Bursting Sores and Unholy Blight)
- Deathlord's Ultimatum (Allows you to have Army of the Damned and Summon Gargoyle or Unholy Assault)
- Bone Growing Juice
- Death Turf
- Skull Bloomer
- Oppressor's Chain
- Fatal Grasp (Necrolord)
- Lich Robes (When paired with Undertaker's Crown)
- Chains of Anguish
- Boundless Fortitude (When paired with Ancient Drake Breath)
- Undertaker's Crown
Good Anima Powers for Unholy Death Knight
- Deathlord's Invocation (Allows you to have Soul Reaper and Pestilent Pustules)
- Darkreaver's Lens
- The Horsemen's Call
- Rune Hunter
- Tome of Swordplay
- Hateforged Cilice (Kyrian)
- Eyes of the Unceasing (Kyrian)
- Death's Deliverance (Venthyr)
- Swarm Host (Venthyr)
- Engorged Limb (Necrolord)
- Corrupted Sapwood (Night Fae)
- Occult Emitter
- Entropic Pool
- Bone Borrower
- Desolate Chitin (Necrolord)
- Frigid Wildseed (Night Fae)
Average Anima Powers for Unholy Death Knight
- Bone Harvester
- Creeping Decay
- Darkreaver's Ward
- Force Pull
- Slick Ice
- Unbreakable Cuffs
- Deathlord's Mythos (Allows you to have Pestilence and Unholy Pact
- Darkhelm of Nuren (Kyrian)
- Twisted Hellchoker (Kyrian)
- Reinforced Manacle (Kyrian)
- Formless Executioner (Venthyr)
- Prosthetic Grabber (Necrolord)
- Nightmare Tendrils (Night Fae)
- Toxic Accumulator (Night Fae)
- Ethereal Wildseed (Night Fae)
Phantasma Anima Powers for Unholy Death Knight
Occasionally, you will be offered the ability to get Phantasma instead of an Anima Power, or increases to your Phantasma generation. It is hard to evaluate these, but they are generally better than the "Average" Anima powers.
Unholy Death Knight Playstyle for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- Make sure to macro your pet's interrupt to get use of a second interrupt. This can minimize the damage you take in packs and on bosses.
- Use Anti-Magic Shell before a magic debuff is casted on you, in order to prevent the application of the debuff.
- If a mob is able to be Death Gripped, then you can use that to also interrupt that mob, acting as another interrupt utility.
- Certain powers pair up very well with each other. For example: Ancient Drake Breath and Boundless Fortitude.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 20 Feb. 2022: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Guide reviewed and updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Made small changes and reordering to Powers, added new Powers, removed old Powers for patch 9.0.5.
- 19 Jan. 2021: Guide reviewed and completely updated.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Guide added.
- Things to Do Before Dragonflight
- Warlock Changes in Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Great Vault Added to the Map of Valdrakken
- Rogue Changes in Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Patch 9.2.7 Hotfixes: October 3rd
- Priest Changes Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Warrior Gladiator and Elite PvP Sets in Dragonflight
- Shadowlands Season 4 Fated Raid Mythic DPS Log Rankings, Week 9: Sepulcher