Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Vengeance Demon Hunter Shadowlands

Guest encoded

Section 1 reads:

with low-cost and high-uptime active mitigation

However, the strengths and weaknesses reads:

- Low uptime of active mitigation.

Those statements seem like they conflict?

Guest Specific Builds

Needs specific builds added, spirit bomb doesn't provide a worthwhile enough boost to DPS when Kyrian to be worth using. Also Quickened sigils becomes very nice once you have the right legendary for Kyrian Vengeance DH

16 hours ago, Guest Specific Builds said:

Needs specific builds added, spirit bomb doesn't provide a worthwhile enough boost to DPS when Kyrian to be worth using. Also Quickened sigils becomes very nice once you have the right legendary for Kyrian Vengeance DH

From the Sims I saw 3 nights ago, SPB provides a 8-10% ST boost and a 17% AoE boost over not using SPB. This is quite significant. My suggestion has been and always will be going as much DPS as possible WHILE not being a survival concern. That breaking point is dependent on person. For instance, a lot of DH went Gluttony in Nya'lotha because it provided a level of survival they needed. I full cleared Mythic with SPB because I was comfortable with the class, my play, and my healers that I didnt need it. I also was the tank that almost never died on progression. What worked for me may not work for someone else. Point is, there is no "one size fits all". If you or someone else needs the fiery brand build in M+10 or Mythic raids, you should use it but I am not going to recommend as the solution for everyone. 

With that being said, there are only 2 main builds. SPB and Fiery brand. There are changes you can make with the builds but the builds themselves remain the same. For instance, taking Feed the Demon but still running SPB. 

Lastly, there are two main thoughts from tanks that I've seen. Go with what I recommend of maximizing damage while not being a survival problem and going full turtle mode. Myself and a lot of my tank theorycrafting friends are in camp 1. I understand the thought off camp 2 but don't agree with it. If I was recruiting a tank and two tanks never died in progression based on what they did, I would always take the tank with the highest damage. It allows the raid to do slightly less damage to hit the same required dps benchmark. I'll review what I typed to make sure it is clear of both builds. Thanks!

12 hours ago, Guatral said:

Can you explain this please? I see no reason not to use it 😳

Sure. So Razelikh will lower only 1 sigil out of every sigil that is on cooldown. Sigil of flame does significantly less damage than Elysian Decree. If you use Sigil of Flame, it has a 50% chance to lower the cooldown of Elysian Decree or Sigil of Flame. If you dont use Sigil of Flame, it has a 100% chance to lower the cooldown of it. Since sigil of flame really does very little damage, you don't want Razelikh to lower the cooldown of it but instead your other sigils. Most players are only using Elysian Decree and none of the other sigils unless needed that way Razelikh always lowers the cd of ED. 

Note: You should always use Sigil of Silence and Misery when needed. I do not recommend purposely ignoring them to maximizing damage with ED.