Kyrian Covenant in Shadowlands
This page gives an overview of the Kyrian covenant in Bastion. Within, you will find all of the information we currently know from BlizzCon.
Living beings have wished to become something greater than themselves since time immemorial. Souls deemed noble enough can prove themselves in Bastion, land of pristine spires and crystalline skies, where those who surpass their trials earn the honor of ascension to a higher calling beside the Archon, first among the winged kyrians.
The kyrians are eternal beings who draw only the most accomplished, principled, and pure into their ranks. But, as souls plunge into the Maw and upheaval rocks the Shadowlands, scores of aspiring kyrians find that they are unable to continue their journey to ascension. With the number of kyrians dwindling, their charge to ferry souls to eternity is in jeopardy. Will the Archon’s devoted stand together, or will this test of faith sunder their shining kingdom?
Rewards of the Kyrian Covenant
Players will receive cosmetic and ability rewards for choosing the Kyrians as their covenant.
Covenants will reward players with cosmetics based on their chosen covenant. As of right now, we know that players will receive a mount, a pet, an armour set, and cloaks that have the appearance of wings.
Below is an image of the Kyrian plate set.
If players choose to ally with the Kyrian, they will gain access to Unburden, the non-class specific covenant ability.
- Summon Steward — Call your steward to bring you a Phial of Serenity that can be consumed to restore some of your health and remove all Curse, Disease, Poison, and Bleed Effects. Your Steward additionally offers access to a selection of useful amenities, each once per day. This is an instant cast, that last 3 minutes, and has a 5-minute cooldown.
The class-specific abilities that have been displayed for the Kyrian are as follows.
- Death Knight
- Shackle the Unworthy — Admonish your target for their past transgressions, reducing the damage they deal to you by 5% and dealing Arcane damage over time. The cooldown is reduced when you damage the affected enemy with a Rune-spending attack. Costs 1 Rune and has a 1-minute cooldown.
- Demon Hunter
- Elysian Decree (Instant, 1 min cooldown) — Carve runes into the ground in front of you, which detonate to deal Arcane damage and shatter Lesser Soul Fragments from enemies. This has a 1-minute cooldown.
- Kindred Spirits — Form a bond with an ally. On a cooldown, you may empower the bond for a period of time, granting you an effect based on your partner’s role, and granting them an effect based on your role, which lasts for 1 hour.
- Resonating Arrow — Fire a resonating arrow to the target location and fill the area with echoing anima. The effect causes your attacks to ignore line of sight to enemies in the area, and you have an increased critical strike chance against them. This has a 1-minute cooldown.
- Radiant Spark — Conjure a radiant spark that causes Arcane damage instantly and additional damage over time. The target takes a percentage of increased damage from your direct damage spells, stacking each time they are struck. This effect ends after a number of spells. This has a 30-second cooldown.
- Weapons of Order — For a short duration and on a 2-minute cooldown, your
Mastery is increased by a percentage. In addition:
- Brewmaster — Keg Smash cooldown is reset, and enemies hit by Keg Smash take increased damage from you (stacks up to a set amount).
- Mistweaver — Essence Font cooldown is reset instantly and heals nearby allies on channel start and end.
- Windwalker — Rising Sun Kick cooldown is reset instantly, and your Rising Sun Kick reduces the cost of your Chi abilities.
- Weapons of Order — For a short duration and on a 2-minute cooldown, your Mastery is increased by a percentage. In addition:
- Divine Toll — Instantly cast Holy Shock, Avenger's Shield, or Judgment on several targets within range (based on your current specialization). This has a 1-minute cooldown.
- Boon of the Ascended — Gain the Boon of the Ascended, granting access to Ascended Nova and Ascended Blast, and increasing your movement speed. Both abilities damage your enemies, heal your allies, and build power that will erupt in a powerful explosion of damage and healing at the end of Boon of the Ascended’s duration. This has a 3-minute cooldown.
- Echoing Reprimand — Deal Arcane damage to an enemy, extracting their anima to Animacharge a combo point. Damaging finishing moves that consume the same number of your combo points as your Animacharge deal damage as if they consume 7 combo points. This has a 45-second cooldown.
- Vesper Totem — Summon a totem at the target location for 30 seconds. Your next 3 damage spells or abilities will cause the totem to radiate Arcane damage to enemies near the totem and your next 3 healing spells will heal up to 6 allies near the totem. Casting this ability again while the totem is active will relocate the totem. This has a 1-minute cooldown.
- Scouring Tithe — Deal Arcane damage instantly and additional Arcane damage over time. If the enemy dies while affected by Scouring Tithe, you generate additional Soul Shards. If they survive, Scouring Tithe's cooldown is refreshed. This has a 40-second cooldown.
- Spear of Bastion — Throw a Kyrian spear at the target location, dealing Arcane damage instantly, dealing additional damage over time, and generating Rage. Enemies hit are tethered to Spear of Bastion's location for the duration. This has a 1-minute cooldown.
- 01 May 2020: Updated page according to Alpha testing.
- 07 Apr. 2020: Updated the ability list after new information released by developers.
- 03 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 2nd
- Optional Crafting Reagents Update: June 2nd
- World First Mythic +28 Tol'Dagor Cleared in Time
- Dredwing Mounts in Shadowlands
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through June 5th
- Specific Vendor Corruptions Prediction Theories
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 1st
- Fist of Justice / Ineffable Truth Hotfix Cancelled