FORUMS
positiv2

Balance Druid PvE

23 hours ago, Gageris said:

I see in torghast guide that "Lycara's Bargain" anima power is mentioned as D tier. The slow effect might be anoying, but the best part is - once you shapeshift - slow effect is gone, but you always do 50% increased damage which is huge. In reality this is A or even S tier, especially if you combine this with Lycara's Sash, which promotes shapeshifting even more. 

This is really not a D tier anima power, it's very strong 🙂

Hey thanks for letting me know. On beta this was not shiftable, im going to be redoing some of the torghast powers today now that I have been able to see them on Live.

13 hours ago, Guest Jamor said:

For some reason I am not able to get your mouseover macros to register as proper macros when I paste them.  

I ended up doing something like this to get it to register as a proper macro. 

The macros do work, i just left the name of the spell out of the #showtooltip section but I just tested them now.

Guest Best in slot items

As you have a best in slot section before Nathria - Could you add the items again as a pre-raid-best-in-slot?

Guest LKZ

Hey Stellar Drift is a bit out dated. You can actually move during Starfall. It isn't channeled anymore.

I don't quite get what the guide means by this  "choosing the Feet slot is the correct choice. Balance has some great Leg options from both Raiding and Dungeons and, while the main stat differential is large, the poor secondary stat options on all Feet slot pieces actually outweighs the loss of main stat." how does having a lower secondary make it better?

On 10/14/2020 at 6:13 PM, Guest Snowman said:

The rotation section is absolutely garbage. Section 1.1 step 4: "Press your cooldown" . What? Which cooldown? There are lots of them. All of them? And then what? 

This ridiculous "rotation" amounts to the following:

1. Time a Starfire cast to finish. Oh good. You cast 1 Starfire. Nothing happens. No eclipse. Why? because you need TWO casts to actually trigger Eclipse. Out of the gate we have failed. Let's continue.
  2. Apply all dots. All of them? Are you sure? Moonfire/starfire/roots/starfall? Stupid.
  3. Get into solar eclipse to 90 energy. Why exactly? Why are we waiting? Starsurge BUFFS wrath the first time you use it. Why in the silly fudge would you WAIT until 90 energy to cast this? Dumb.
  4. Unload 3 starsurges. Okay. Again why. You screwed over your wrath spam to burst 3 starsurges?

Hot garbage. Who wrote this?

I think you’re just not really reading this guide at all, because everything you questioned is explained in the guide at some point. And if you REALLY need an explanation on what “all of your dots” are, then please go play a different class... 

On 12/13/2020 at 5:32 PM, Guest Nightfae said:

WHy does nightfae buff force of nature so much?

Night Fae does not need as much Astral Power generation as other specs therefore FoN remains more viable for it though many people will only just run Natures Balance.

22 hours ago, Guest LKZ said:

Hey Stellar Drift is a bit out dated. You can actually move during Starfall. It isn't channeled anymore.

Must be missing what you are referencing here, it seems updated where I mention it.

6 hours ago, Rotanixel said:

I don't quite get what the guide means by this  "choosing the Feet slot is the correct choice. Balance has some great Leg options from both Raiding and Dungeons and, while the main stat differential is large, the poor secondary stat options on all Feet slot pieces actually outweighs the loss of main stat." how does having a lower secondary make it better?

The Leg options we have are so good overall and the Feet options are so bad that crafting Feet is in the long run better. This means that if you need a short term DPS increase for fights right now rather than fights down the line, it would be viable to craft Balance of All Things in the Legs slot instead.

4 hours ago, Promin said:

Could we get an update on this guide? As the legendary power “Balance Of All Things” has been nerfed as of 12/15. 

Still best, I can put a footnote in there for everyone.

Guest boomkin11

what happened to the pre-raid bis list? it was useful for mythic+ gearing

Guest EmmaNielsen

The rotation is outdated and feels like the Druid Writer in Charge isn't a raider.  Since the following information isn't added to the site, I have to either assume they aren't doing mythic / logging or simple lost interest in updating this guide. The following Opener is a Night Fae + Balance of All Things  Setup.  

The trinket in Question that changes our gameplay so much is from Spires of Ascention, trinket is called "Empyreal Ordnance"

Now the reason this section needs to be here and fully described is because the player in action isn't allowed to pop cooldowns on opener, one must delay by 20 seconds.  Not doing so is absolute dps loss.  The trinket gameplay should be promoted and should be highlighted to be the recommended playstyle. Because it is just. That important. 

If one doesn't have the cube trinket from De Other Side "Inscruable Quantum Device", a good replacement can be the World Quest reward Bell Trinket so the opener right now looks like the following

3.5 sec  start casting 

- Wrath

- Wrath

- Starsurge 

- Starsurge
- moon fire

- stellar flare

- sun fire 

- and then proceed with normal rotation. 

The moment your 2nd trinket is ready (after the internal 20 sec cooldown of proccing  Empyreal Ordnance.   You should via the following pop in the following order. 

- Pop Intellect potion

- Use 2nd Trinket (Cube/Bell)

- Cast Celestial Allignment

- Cast Convoke o the Spirits

I guess I've to finish off by stating "no offense" to the writer, but a crucial information like this needs to be out. and needs to be written down. This playstyle should be the bane of all single target balance druid players (and does work on AoE without Stellar Flare in rotation)  I just can't understand why something so crucial wasn't written already. 

Guest Syl

So I crafted shoulders 1st w/ Arcanic Pulsar and read later that I shouldve put it on gloves because 233 shoulders drop from a raid.  Should I really start over with gloves or is it not that big of a deal?  I don't raid with a guild right now anyway so I think I wouldn't see the shoulders drop for many many weeks right?  Or should I just stop entirely until I get BOAT and start there... I don't want to make a bad decision worse but I'm having a hard time figuring out what's best.  Seems like the time gate is really punishing if you choose poorly, or am I exaggerating it all in my head and the differences really won't matter much in the end? Thanks in advance for any advice.

15 hours ago, Guest EmmaNielsen said:

The rotation is outdated and feels like the Druid Writer in Charge isn't a raider.  Since the following information isn't added to the site, I have to either assume they aren't doing mythic / logging or simple lost interest in updating this guide. The following Opener is a Night Fae + Balance of All Things  Setup.  

The trinket in Question that changes our gameplay so much is from Spires of Ascention, trinket is called "Empyreal Ordnance"

Now the reason this section needs to be here and fully described is because the player in action isn't allowed to pop cooldowns on opener, one must delay by 20 seconds.  Not doing so is absolute dps loss.  The trinket gameplay should be promoted and should be highlighted to be the recommended playstyle. Because it is just. That important. 

If one doesn't have the cube trinket from De Other Side "Inscruable Quantum Device", a good replacement can be the World Quest reward Bell Trinket so the opener right now looks like the following

3.5 sec  start casting 

- Wrath

- Wrath

- Starsurge 

- Starsurge
- moon fire

- stellar flare

- sun fire 

- and then proceed with normal rotation. 

The moment your 2nd trinket is ready (after the internal 20 sec cooldown of proccing  Empyreal Ordnance.   You should via the following pop in the following order. 

- Pop Intellect potion

- Use 2nd Trinket (Cube/Bell)

- Cast Celestial Allignment

- Cast Convoke o the Spirits

I guess I've to finish off by stating "no offense" to the writer, but a crucial information like this needs to be out. and needs to be written down. This playstyle should be the bane of all single target balance druid players (and does work on AoE without Stellar Flare in rotation)  I just can't understand why something so crucial wasn't written already. 

Sorry I am sick right now and having issues sitting at my computer for periods of time. The rotation you put in assumes you have 2 specific trinkets and is correct however it is not like the current one is out of date assuming you do not have the trinkets. That being said, double on use is not always best in slot especially as emp ord loses value on multiple targets. But yes, this will be updated in the next wave as I start feeling better because my health comes first.

I just ran some sims with my current gear using heroic item level passive trinkets (220 cabalist), a 210 empyreal ordnance, and a 210 quantum. So assuming the best you can reliably get out of m+15s and only heroic raid gear, on single target it is about 1.5% better than Cabalists/Quantum, 0.8% better on 3 targets, and worse on 4 and 5 targets. 

13 hours ago, Guest Syl said:

So I crafted shoulders 1st w/ Arcanic Pulsar and read later that I shouldve put it on gloves because 233 shoulders drop from a raid.  Should I really start over with gloves or is it not that big of a deal?  I don't raid with a guild right now anyway so I think I wouldn't see the shoulders drop for many many weeks right?  Or should I just stop entirely until I get BOAT and start there... I don't want to make a bad decision worse but I'm having a hard time figuring out what's best.  Seems like the time gate is really punishing if you choose poorly, or am I exaggerating it all in my head and the differences really won't matter much in the end? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Pulsar is not particularly good for Night Fae and only something that can be used in dungeons at the current moment. Do not really worry about the slot you put it in, yes there are better options down the line but it is very minimal even if you do get the good shoulders down the line. BoaT is way better for raiding if that is the majority of what you are doing and should be crafted and upgraded next but each upgrade is less than ~40 DPS so it does not hurt to have both readily available.

Guest Bjoerg

Honestly, the balance guide is very messy. The information is often buried within text and often alludes to other sections instead of containing all the pertinent information in one place.

Examples.

1. The rotation. Many other guides include the ability to select talents/covenants and will automatically adjust the rotation as is pertinent in a clear priority list based on single target, 2/3 target cleave, or AOE. It was difficult to even find where the rotation was detailed in this guide and it's not very clearly written.

2. Legendaries. It would be nice if there was a table that shows which legendary is best for which content and also include the source of the legendary. It's a bit annoying to not have the information presented in an organized way.

Guest Guest Boomy 69

As a Jewelcrafter wouldn't the Intellect Gem (+7) be better than a Mastery Gem from Shadowlands (+16)? As according to my stat weights Intellect is worth over 3 per point and Mastery is about 1 per point.

Guest Treezen

I can't understand how casting 2 damaging spells (wrath) is going to not prepull something why you may need a 3rd wrath? and how yet another damaging spell (starfall) is going to fix this pre-pulling problem? Sorry if I'm missing something I'm new to balance.

I want to leave a comment hear explaining the delays on the guide. I have been writing or editing this Balance Druid guide since mid Legion and have done my best to keep it up-to-date, fluid, and educational. I've been dealing with my own as well as my families medical issues recently and have not had the time to keep it at the quality that I am happy with. 

That being said, it looks like things are looking up and there should be some updates in the coming days. Thank you for your patience and support and I will continue to try to keep this guide up to the quality it deserves.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2021 at 1:55 PM, Guest newd00d said:

almost 70% of anima powers I get in Torghast I can't find in guide...

We covered the most notable of the powers on the list. The page would be way too long if we didnt cover just the Druid powers and the more enticing general picks.

Guest Infernoxas

Force of Nature talks about being useful for Skittish, but Skittish was removed.

On 2/19/2021 at 12:30 PM, Guest Infernoxas said:

Force of Nature talks about being useful for Skittish, but Skittish was removed.

Good catch, gonna remove that. Force of nature is still really good when you have to kite mobs early on for example in Halls of Attonement to keep threat off the players. It is also still great on necrotic.

Guest Scrimgour
On 1/18/2021 at 7:35 AM, Guest Treezen said:

I can't understand how casting 2 damaging spells (wrath) is going to not prepull something why you may need a 3rd wrath? and how yet another damaging spell (starfall) is going to fix this pre-pulling problem? Sorry if I'm missing something I'm new to balance.

i was wondering about this myself, could someone clarify?

On 2/23/2021 at 5:09 PM, Guest Scrimgour said:

i was wondering about this myself, could someone clarify?

Wrath has a 4 second travel time from max range. Basically all the opener is stating in this case is your first action is to get into Lunar Eclipse without prepulling the boss. Sometimes you may be too close to Wrath > Wrath > Surge so Wrath > Wrath > Starfire is comparable. Overall it is a minor DPS optimization but it is one we can easily do.

Guest Dreamville

I just want to point out,  in case people who dont know how to fix things themselves

one of the macros for mighty bash, mass entranglement and heart  

on the page its written "heart if the wild"

That is all

Thank you for the great guide.

If i am properly understanding the guide we are supposed to apply Sunfire and Moonfire at the start of an Eclipse, instead of applying them between Eclipses? I thought we did it between Eclipses so we don't waste Eclipse time on casting dots?

As far as Shooting Stars passive goes does having both Sunfire and Moonfire on a target increase how many Shooting Stars procs we get? Or is the passive fully used by having just one of the two dots active?

During big AOE do we bother casting moonfire on every target, or do we just do Sunfire with Starfire and Starfall? Does Wrath have any use during big AOE or do we ignore it?

If we get an Owlkin Frenzy proc (instant Starfire) during Solar Eclipse do we immediately use it?

Thank you very much for helping.

Edited by Bogdanov89

On 3/13/2021 at 2:46 PM, Guest Dreamville said:

I just want to point out,  in case people who dont know how to fix things themselves

one of the macros for mighty bash, mass entranglement and heart  

on the page its written "heart if the wild"

That is all

Will get this updated thank you.

On 3/16/2021 at 2:33 PM, Bogdanov89 said:

Thank you for the great guide.

If i am properly understanding the guide we are supposed to apply Sunfire and Moonfire at the start of an Eclipse, instead of applying them between Eclipses? I thought we did it between Eclipses so we don't waste Eclipse time on casting dots?

As far as Shooting Stars passive goes does having both Sunfire and Moonfire on a target increase how many Shooting Stars procs we get? Or is the passive fully used by having just one of the two dots active?

During big AOE do we bother casting moonfire on every target, or do we just do Sunfire with Starfire and Starfall? Does Wrath have any use during big AOE or do we ignore it?

If we get an Owlkin Frenzy proc (instant Starfire) during Solar Eclipse do we immediately use it?

Thank you very much for helping.

1) On aoe you sunfire whenever the mobs are sufficiently grouped up. If they are all grouped up you sunfire immediately
2) Shooting stars drs based on number of total dots not DoT categories
3) Moonfire in Solar on big aoe if they will live through the next lunar phase
4) If it will last for Lunar and its a 1 off thing you can save it for lunar if you are getting spam meleed and you can get more procs you can send it whenever.

• Like 1