FORUMS
positiv2

Balance Druid PvE

So it seems as though that may be an issue with the implementation of the talent calculator. Looking into resolution for this issue now.

On 12/1/2022 at 12:31 AM, Juliadeer said:

There is an error in the Balance Druid tree I noticed that the picture shows rattle the stars as but when you copy and paste in the code it enabled starweaver. Not sure which is the correct one the picture or the code but I thought I would mention it. (this is for the multitarget balance druid talent tree, right side of the tree).

Thanks for the feedback! I fixed this issue (it was also affecting the New Moon/Fury of Elune node lower down the tree).

Guest Ben

Can you explain why single the single target rotation uses Lunar Eclipse/Starfire? I figured that would only be for multi target. Thanks!

On 12/6/2022 at 8:37 AM, Guest Ben said:

Can you explain why single the single target rotation uses Lunar Eclipse/Starfire? I figured that would only be for multi target. Thanks!

Much of the power in the Balance Druid rotation was moved away from fillers and into the talent tree. Talents such as Solstice and Nature's Grace incentivize getting into an Eclipse as quickly as possible on single target which outweighs the benefits of going into Solar Eclipse and just getting the additional Wrath damage. 

I have heard people talking about once you have the 4 piece you go back to spamming Wraith regardless of which Eclipse you are in for ST. Is this the case?

Also in the opener section you have this:

10.On single target, cast Wrath Icon Wrath as your filler.

11.On multiple targets, cast Starfire Icon Starfire as your filler.

But most other places it is said to always use Starfire as the filler anytime you are in Lunar Eclipse which is the one you should always be in. Outside of CA of course

Edited by coldfire989

19 hours ago, coldfire989 said:

I have heard people talking about once you have the 4 piece you go back to spamming Wraith regardless of which Eclipse you are in for ST. Is this the case?

Also in the opener section you have this:

10.On single target, cast Wrath Icon Wrath as your filler.

11.On multiple targets, cast Starfire Icon Starfire as your filler.

But most other places it is said to always use Starfire as the filler anytime you are in Lunar Eclipse which is the one you should always be in. Outside of CA of course

So yes, that part in the opener is correct. I will make sure the rest of the guide has more clarity and reflects this. There is also a caveat to add to always wrathing on single target as your filler with 2pc that should be gone over as well.

So it looks like now if I am reading the update on Dreamgrove right that even without any tier it is wraith on ST and still always in Lunar they just updated the page yesterday it seems.

2 hours ago, coldfire989 said:

So it looks like now if I am reading the update on Dreamgrove right that even without any tier it is wraith on ST and still always in Lunar they just updated the page yesterday it seems.

Yes, as mentioned above, I am pushing an update tomorrow to clarify this update.

Guest Coldfire989

So even with the change to Lunar Exlipse it is still a gain to be in Lunar and using Wraith on ST or am I reading it wrong?

19 hours ago, Guest Coldfire989 said:

So even with the change to Lunar Exlipse it is still a gain to be in Lunar and using Wraith on ST or am I reading it wrong?

Yes. We go Lunar Eclipse because the speed of entering Eclipse and getting the buff still outweighs the benefits of what either base eclipse can provide on a single target or AoE fight. Lunar Eclipse buffs Starfire's cleave damage which means that Wrath is still a stronger spell for Astral Power generation. We do however, try to spend 2pc and umbral procs on Starfire.

Current way it's written regarding Wrath and Starfire is a bit confusing. Seems to suggest you cast Wrath while in Lunar Eclipse, which makes no sense.

Okay, reading the comment above mine shows this is the intention. That really makes no sense, and I hope the devs change it, because that's really stupid.

Edited by username22

On 2/13/2023 at 1:06 AM, username22 said:

Current way it's written regarding Wrath and Starfire is a bit confusing. Seems to suggest you cast Wrath while in Lunar Eclipse, which makes no sense.

Okay, reading the comment above mine shows this is the intention. That really makes no sense, and I hope the devs change it, because that's really stupid.

I also find it stupid that Sunfire gets applied to all targets within range of the main target, while moonfire doesn't........the guide says apply both dots, sorry, but no, i will not apply it to 6-8 mobs, i will stick to just sunfire at that point, 2-4, sure, but 6-8? nope.

On 2/12/2023 at 8:06 PM, username22 said:

It is being changed with the patch tomorrow to make it so you want to be in Solar Eclipse for ST and using Wraith as they nerfed base Wraith but buffed how much you get from being in Solar

Guest jcam

Hello,

On the spell summary section 4.1 it lists Wild Strikes which is a Warrior talent. Is this supposed to be Wild Surges?

Guest Darthoej

Rattle The Stars is no longer a buff you have to maintain, its just a passive bonus